Anthony Brown, QB

In a perfect world, we bring in a transfer QB but one of the guys on the roster beats him out. I'd love to see someone in the current QB room really take control and advance his game to the next level.

Umm...didn’t we just see that movie this past season? What is this? Groundhog Day?

Advertisement
Right, it is time for a true mobile QB. Matocha looks like he could possibly do good things in this system or TVD. I just don't need to see anymore of the carousel at QB, with the 3 stooges
Matocha the best athlete in the entire group and can run

Miami isn’t “building” a team via the Portal; these are short-term options as Diaz tries to win more games, which helps with recruiting.

Trevon Hill helped last season. Michael Jackson was a good pick-up. Bubba Bolden looked solid in limited action—and Jaelan Phillips could be a stud if he can stay healthy.

Get depth back and you rely on Portal less. For now, zero wrong with it.

Yes, Miami has been building a team with the portal.

The portal isn't the problem, it's the symptom. I'm complaining about the symptom hurting us in the long run. Doubling down on dumb.

Every year our underclassmen are hurt by playing these 1-year leases.
Right, it is time for a true mobile QB. Matocha looks like he could possibly do good things in this system or TVD. I just don't need to see anymore of the carousel at QB, with the 3 stooges

You just endorsed Matocha?

It's official: the cheese has fallen from the cracker.

Yes, Miami has been building a team with the portal.

The portal isn't the problem, it's the symptom. I'm complaining about the symptom hurting us in the long run. Doubling down on dumb.

Every year our underclassmen are hurt by playing these 1-year leases.

You just endorsed Matocha?

It's official: the cheese has fallen from the cracker.

And??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm assuming Newman goes elsewhere. He's the bigger-ticket item and says he wants a system that will prepare him for the pros.
DMoney they are all priming for the pros.
The key though is the supporting cast that can help them look good to get there, and show up with some positive vibes, from their games, when the NFL guys come calling..

Because upside means NOTHING if they don't work hard enough to reach it. I'll take a guy with a lower ceiling that is actually working hard to reach it over guys with higher ceilings but no work ethic to get there. The guy with the lower ceiling will actually be the better player.
In the interview Zo said as much..........agreed.

Advertisement
Bring in somebody to start, not an arm like Heaps no matter who it upsets. We've seen enough of the other 3 that played this year, and I'd rather not start a freshman qb for the 3rd year in a row.

This is not a good choice by any stretch. But what we have on the bench aren't good either. So what do we do?

Advertisement
Back