Anthony Brown, QB

You clearly didn’t watch that game. I was there and our defense was getting destroyed

They had a really great first quarter. They did nothing in the second half.

We literally gave them that one away by turnover in the game that was a microcosm of 2018.

Advertisement
No inside info on this, but he seems to be emerging as a logical transfer candidate.

New article by Bruce Feldman suggests Miami is very much involved. His QB coach (Quincy Avery) was very vocal on Twitter in support of Miami's decision to replace Enos with Lashlee. Avery is training Brown as he makes his decision. It is also possible Brown returns to BC and plays for their new coach from Ohio State.

Of course, we aren't talking about a Jalen Hurts or Justin Fields-type impact player. Brown isn't that level of talent and is coming off an ACL injury. But he is by all accounts a great teammate, a double-major at BC and was playing some of his best football early this season.

The Feldman article says he is enrolling in January but probably won't be ready to play until late-April. This would allow him to learn Lashlee's offense and put pressure on the existing QBs while Lashlee evaluates them. This may also speed up the Portal process for some of our existing guys.

More than anything, we need character in the QB room.

Seems good and dandy but Avery is Jarrens QB coach doubt he would push that so one of his guys possibly rides the bench

No inside info on this, but he seems to be emerging as a logical transfer candidate.

New article by Bruce Feldman suggests Miami is very much involved. His QB coach (Quincy Avery) was very vocal on Twitter in support of Miami's decision to replace Enos with Lashlee. Avery is training Brown as he makes his decision. It is also possible Brown returns to BC and plays for their new coach from Ohio State.

Of course, we aren't talking about a Jalen Hurts or Justin Fields-type impact player. Brown isn't that level of talent and is coming off an ACL injury. But he is by all accounts a great teammate, a double-major at BC and was playing some of his best football early this season.

The Feldman article says he is enrolling in January but probably won't be ready to play until late-April. This would allow him to learn Lashlee's offense and put pressure on the existing QBs while Lashlee evaluates them. This may also speed up the Portal process for some of our existing guys.

More than anything, we need character in the QB room.

I would rather the QB from Wake Forest but I doubt we get either of them

Advertisement
We currently have 5 QB’s on ‘ships. Expecting couple to leave ~ Williams, Perry at some point in 2020 so I can see the need to bring another QB in with experience. My only concern w/Brown is the knee. Does anyone if he would be ready for Spring ball? If no, this would be a major gamble move and prefer a guy that can come in and compete right away.

Low-risk move. If the character is as good as advertised, I do it in a heartbeat.

That doesn't mean he walks into the starting job. We brought in Jake Heaps in 2014 and Kaaya beat him out.
Yea but Heaps sucked since his freshman year at UW. Brown is a decent QB right now.

Advertisement
Need to bring in 1 QB for sure from the portal or JUCO - someone who could start this year if needed.

If this guy fits the category, then get 'em.

A lot of young bucks on our team think they are philosophers with these insta quotes!

"Black heart emoji" -- Most common.
"Young king gorilla" -- Posted by one of ours. He's actually quite soft
"comin for the bag" -- Meanwhile this players BFP makes it evident the work isn't put in. Moobs.
"Moment I stop havin' fun with it i'll be done with it" -- This player has never sniffed the field. More so, daddy is booster.

I need some help with the insta translations.

must have got it from our head corch

Advertisement
I like Brown the most of the portal QBs, but those knees of his....

No bueno. If he can stay healthy, he will be lethal in Lashlees offense.
Yep. The injuries with him are the only reservation. Because you know if we sign him Suitcase Jarren will be out the door like a jet. Suitcase would look like Fred Flintstone in his car peeling out with his feet.

We currently have 5 QB’s on ‘ships. Expecting couple to leave ~ Williams, Perry at some point in 2020 so I can see the need to bring another QB in with experience. My only concern w/Brown is the knee. Does anyone if he would be ready for Spring ball? If no, this would be a major gamble move and prefer a guy that can come in and compete right away.

I saw an article that said mid-April. Can’t remember where I read it though.

Advertisement
Brown might be an insurance policy if TVD isn't ready to go, but Brown seems like Nkosi 2.0 to me. I would rather do what UNC did last year and roll with the talented freshman and let Nkosi, Mochada, and, if need be, Brown back him up.
What on earth makes anyone try to parallel Brown to Perry. They’re completely different guys.

Watch more college football, fellas.

Advertisement
Back