Another thought if Urban isn’t possible..

Advertisement
Our fan base would run stoops out of town..he’d be branded as another mark R..with all the resources he had at OU and never won..the same argument..Meyer is coaching again..only hope is Nick Saban for our fanbase

Disagree about only being ok with saban.

Most of us just want an established head coach or a elite coordinator.

You havent been paying attention. Miles appears to have adapted to today's game after stepping away for a breather. He fired his OC after 6 games and his new OC, Dearmon, had the #1 offense in all college football (at any level). Average 55 points per game. Some coaches actually adapt. Orgeron did. Looks like Miles has too. Miles is a national championship winner, is cheaper than Diaz, and seems to understand what it takes to win in the 21st century.
Wow, didn’t know about this guy - really good find.

Advertisement
Disagree about only being ok with saban.

Most of us just want an established head coach or a elite coordinator.
I mean..Mark Richt was as established as you can get unless your talking about 4 other guys..randy Shannon was a elite coordinator..manny Diaz’s was well respected as a D coordinator. But coordinators don’t translate to great HC coaches...we just need something that works..and that is nick saban..instant creditably amongst the base, alums and HS circuit. Top 3 recruiting class instantly...but then I woke up

I want Matt Campbell.
Bill Clark and let's roll. He actually has literally rebuilt a program and has won at every level. Twang talking defensive coach that develops his players like JJ and BD.

He had to replace 30 that's right I said 30 seniors from last year's 11-3 conference championship team. Had to replace 7 offensive starters and 6 defensive starters and guess what he has the team at 6-1 this year. Heck he legitimately had a "rebuilding" excuse in front of him, but did he use it ....nope. He just went out and coached up his players. Oh and 2 years ago UAB didn't even have a freaking team. Whichever AD hires this guy for a P5 JOB is going to make that AD look like a genius bc all this guy does is build and win. He's a no brainier.... Oh and he can be had considerably cheaper than other candidates. His team is now bowl eligible and guess what his bonus was....$25,000. Miami should make this hire.

Bob Stoops! He is signed on to be coach and GM of an XFL team.

Here is a quote from him:
"I was also excited about starting something from the ground floor," Stoops said. "To hiring coaches, and then you gotta accumulate your players, get your organization set up, it reminds me of when I first arrived at Oklahoma. I thought one of the best things I ever did in my career was getting my first staff together at OU. ... That's exciting to me. The opportunity to put it together and help it grow."
Please stop. ZERO PERCENT CHANCE Urban coaches Miami. Hire PJ Fleck

Last edited:
You guys are gonna drive yourselves insane...manny is most likely not going any **** where after this year
Even if Manny was canned THERE is no way URBAN comes to Miami and neither is STOOPS. Just stop it.

Realistically we can get PJ Fleck

Advertisement
Wow, didn’t know about this guy - really good find.

You probably won't find a better coach/availability combo. Miles is at Kansas. That's no one's idea of a place you can win. He makes 2.7 million per year. His stock crashed at LSU because he didn't believe in modern offense but it looks like he's a new man now. Basically did what we hoped Richt would do.

Championship winning coach, elite recruiter who knows SFl HS coaches, no baggage, inexpensive, renewed desire to win. That's the kind of coach Miami should have wet dreams about.

Richt is the best coach we've had since 2000, but I'd take a motivated Miles running a high octane offense over a motivated Richt any day of the week.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Please stop. ZERO PERCENT CHANCE Urban coaches Miami, and Stoops is not leaving Oklahoma for Miami. Hire PJ Fleck

I think Miles would leave Kansas for Miami.

Savage who fires his OC 6 games into the season and hires the OC with the #1 offense in the NCAA. What more could you want in a coach? What other P5 coaches who have won a national championship this century are less expensive than Manny Diaz?

Last edited:
haha that would be an interesting hire. I'd rather Fleck but Clark would be in heaven with Miami talent
PJ Fleck is fools gold. Hit me back at the end of November. Last pic the SOS is highlighted in yellow. This year they have the next to last SOS in their history.

Screenshot_20191020-183143_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191020-183755_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191020-184240_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement

Savage who fires his OC 6 games into the season and hires the OC with the #1 offense in the NCAA. What more could you want in a coach? What other P5 coaches who have won a national championship this century are less expensive than Manny Diaz?
I meant to write Kansas not Oklahoma but I still dont think he leaves Kansas to come here

was he fools gold at Western Michigan? He did wonders there, hes great at evaluating talent and maximizing the talent he has.
Check my updated post with SOS (which currently is 127 out of 128 in their history). And he has yet to match the record of the coach he replaced and the coach before that had a couple of 8-5 seasons which PJ has yet to match.

Last edited:

**** yes he would. Les is smart. He took that Kansas gig just to show he still has it to other programs. He is auditioning right now to get back to a real program..

I meant to write Kansas not Oklahoma but I still dont think he leaves Kansas to come here

You can't be serious. You think Miles would turn down $1.3 million more than he makes now (assuming he was paid $4 million) to stay at Kansas instead of moving to Miami? Bruh. That is more unlikely than Meyer coming to Miami.

Let's say we got a do over and Richt stayed, but fired his son and brought in the OC with the best offense in the NCAA. We would be doing backflips and buying tickets to the ACC championship game.

Now consider all that with a far more savage version of Richt. Miles is a better coach than Richt and better recruiter as well. 2 weeks ago I would have laughed at anyone bringing up Miles's name. We don't need another coach who doesn't believe in a modern offense.

However, much to my surprise- Miles made a bold move 6 games into the season, firing his pal, and suddenly adopted a 21st century offense. I think he has reinvented himself like the best coaches do. I'd wager he will land another major P5 gig and will make another playoff appearance before his career is over. Miami could get him for less than we were paying Richt.

Want instant credibility and someone who will build a fence around S Fl recruiting? Miles is the guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back