Another thought if Urban isn’t possible..

MizCane

Senior
Bob Stoops! He is signed on to be coach and GM of an XFL team.

Here is a quote from him:
"I was also excited about starting something from the ground floor," Stoops said. "To hiring coaches, and then you gotta accumulate your players, get your organization set up, it reminds me of when I first arrived at Oklahoma. I thought one of the best things I ever did in my career was getting my first staff together at OU. ... That's exciting to me. The opportunity to put it together and help it grow."

Advertisement
I agree. I would take bob stoops though and he can bring in mark once he gets fired. LOL
I just don’t understand why we do this to ourselves..it’s a result based bizz..but nobody is firing coaches after 7 games..only at Miami is this even thought to be a discussion in the fan base..if Davidson or Baxa hit those kicks are these discussions being made rn...probably by some..bottom line unless it’s Saban there’s no sure fire fix here..who ever he Coach is will have to deal with “we should just outtalent these teams) argument

Advertisement
I just don’t understand why we do this to ourselves..it’s a result based bizz..but nobody is firing coaches after 7 games..only at Miami is this even thought to be a discussion in the fan base..if Davidson or Baxa hit those kicks are these discussions being made rn...probably by some..bottom line unless it’s Saban there’s no sure fire fix here..who ever he Coach is will have to deal with “we should just outtalent these teams) argument
He isnt going anywhere this year. I want him to succeed but bro if im being real i have no faith in this team coaches or players. GT was as bad a football team as u will see. They punked us. I have never seen a team this unprepared in all phases of the game consistently including randy and golden

Advertisement
Just thinking Urban is possible shows how fugazi some of you are. When this job does open again, and it will within the next 3 years, think someone like Matt Campbell (as in his stature today) as the absolute upside. More likely the type of guy we're going to get is someone like Jason Candle (ie Campbell before having B12 success).

Advertisement
Bob Stoops doesn't want to deal with this ****.

Great coach, but he's just out there having fun and collecting a check at this point.

All-time great. Left at the right time and gave the reigns to the next great OU coach. What a great man for the University of Oklahoma.

Advertisement
Bob Stoops! He is signed on to be coach and GM of an XFL team.

Here is a quote from him:
"I was also excited about starting something from the ground floor," Stoops said. "To hiring coaches, and then you gotta accumulate your players, get your organization set up, it reminds me of when I first arrived at Oklahoma. I thought one of the best things I ever did in my career was getting my first staff together at OU. ... That's exciting to me. The opportunity to put it together and help it grow."
Think less.

Advertisement
Back