Another Story About Richt Being "Limited" At UGA

None of it really adds up. The timelines don't add up. Neither does the idea that UGA would rather be worse at football just to do it "the UGA way". Sounds like a pile of nonsense.

And if Richt let the AD tell him how to run the football team that's a very bad sign anyway. That's pretty feeble stuff.

Richt at any time could have told the guy "get your bytch *** back in the AD's office and leave me the fck alone, or I'm done here." He could have grabbed a HC gig somewhere else immediately with his résumé.

Instead, he willingly ate that facgit AD's ****? That's not great, man. You think Urb or Saban would let some facqit AD run their program?

People are just looking for excuses as to why he didn't win big. Truth is he just didn't, and we hope that he can get over the hump here. All of this post 2000 whatever is bull. Truth is, even if you want to blame things on the AD, Richt still **** the bed before the guy got there. In his second season, dude missed out on a national title opportunity because he lost to what was eventually a 5 loss Gaytor team. In his third season, he lost to a 5 loss Gator team again and got blasted by LSU in the SECCG. In fact, in his first 7 years dude was 2-5 against the gaytors and 1-2 against Ron freakin Zook specifically. Stop making excuses. It is what it is.

Advertisement
None of it really adds up. The timelines don't add up. Neither does the idea that UGA would rather be worse at football just to do it "the UGA way". Sounds like a pile of nonsense.

And if Richt let the AD tell him how to run the football team that's a very bad sign anyway. That's pretty feeble stuff.

Richt at any time could have told the guy "get your bytch *** back in the AD's office and leave me the fck alone, or I'm done here." He could have grabbed a HC gig somewhere else immediately with his résumé.

Instead, he willingly ate that facgit AD's ****? That's not great, man. You think Urb or Saban would let some facqit AD run their program?

People are just looking for excuses as to why he didn't win big. Truth is he just didn't, and we hope that he can get over the hump here. All of this post 2000 whatever is bull. Truth is, even if you want to blame things on the AD, Richt still **** the bed before the guy got there. In his second season, dude missed out on a national title opportunity because he lost to what was eventually a 5 loss Gaytor team. In his third season, he lost to a 5 loss Gator team again and got blasted by LSU in the SECCG. In fact, in his first 7 years dude was 2-5 against the gaytors and 1-2 against Ron freakin Zook specifically. Stop making excuses. It is what it is.

I agree 100%. We hired a popular Choke Artist.

All we can do is hope. The crappy staff that MR put together doesn't provide much excitement either. Like you said, it is what it is!

I'm torn on this.

On one hand you have a 15 year body of work that leaves a lot to be desired. Top 10 recruiting classes year in and out should result in more than just two SEC championships.

On the other hand the man was 15 seconds away from playing for a national championship 3 years ago.

Its hard to figure out what we are going to get. I do believe Richt got complacent over the last couple years if not longer. I'm not worried about complacency though as I think he's motivated by his firing. The main question is will he be able to beat the quality opponents that we play to get us to the playoffs.

We will find out

There's really no point in re-litigating Richt's UGA years because we'll never come to a conclusive answer. I'm sure there's a ton of blame to placed at the feet of the AD and the admin otherwise Richt wouldn't have still been beloved by a very large portion of that fanbase. I'm also sure that Richt is at fault as well for at best allowing the AD and admin to get involved with his on-field decisions (when Richt still had leverage) and at worst underperforming despite years of recruiting excellence. I'm all aboard the Richt Train but his legacy will truly be determined by what he does in Coral Gables. It's going to cement either the good or bad narrative about him from the last 15 years. That alone should be all the motivation he needs.

There's really no point in re-litigating Richt's UGA years because we'll never come to a conclusive answer. I'm sure there's a ton of blame to placed at the feet of the AD and the admin otherwise Richt wouldn't have still been beloved by a very large portion of that fanbase. I'm also sure that Richt is at fault as well for at best allowing the AD and admin to get involved with his on-field decisions (when Richt still had leverage) and at worst underperforming despite years of recruiting excellence. I'm all aboard the Richt Train but his legacy will truly be determined by what he does in Coral Gables. It's going to cement either the good or bad narrative about him from the last 15 years. That alone should be all the motivation he needs.

The Conclusive Answer is: Mark Richt Under-Achieved at UGA. That is a Fact!

Some people just choose not to accept FACT so they make excuses like: "He was seconds away from a NC game in 2012." BS! He lost just like he always lost the big games! Golden came close to beating FSU numerous times. Facts: Golden was not good enough to beat FSU!

Advertisement

All we can do is hope. The crappy staff that MR put together doesn't provide much excitement either. Like you said, it is what it is!

Our best coach ever choked two national championships away to Penn State and ND. Wait, the players make the plays? Oh, never mind then.

Our best coach ever choked two national championships away to Penn State and ND. Wait, the players make the plays? Oh, never mind then.

The fact that you are comparing a Coach with a NC and 2 Super Bowl titles to his credit to Mark Richt is very Retarded. SMH

You should compare mark Richt to Charlie Brown, which the media actually referred to MR as the Charlie Brown of the SEC! LOL

Just how many NCs did MR's UGA teams play for? Answer: Same as Charlie Brown.

Richt is a good coach that with the right staff and recruiting classes can compete for a spot in the big dance.

His known bugaboo is that he's made some very questionable staff hirings. That's the reason the AD started doing it for him, b/c he was hiring guys like Willie M to run his defense.

With that said, I think he also lost his identity at UGA bc of what the expectations of the school are as far as how it's supposed to "look". The style offense he ran at FSU was nothing like what he ever ran at UGA, so it always felt like he didn't have an identity there.

Mostly though, Richt will live and die by his defense. If Diaz is anything like he's been most of his career, it's not going to work out.

We'll find out soon if his AD truly held him back from doing what he wanted to do.

If we come out running the fast break offense then that's a good sign that the rumors are true.

Advertisement
We'll find out soon if his AD truly held him back from doing what he wanted to do.

If we come out running the fast break offense then that's a good sign that the rumors are true.

Many think FSU's Fast Break Offense was Richt's creation. It was not. Brad Scott created the FBO. Scott was Charlie Ward's OC.

Many think FSU's Fast Break Offense was Richt's creation. It was not. Brad Scott created the FBO. Scott was Charlie Ward's OC.

He ran it for seven years finishing in the top five of total offense five times and was #1 in yards per game when he left in 2000. But giving Richt any credit is against your troll logic. Maybe you can give Butch a job working some of your other screen names.

The notion that Richt was restrained in how he ran the program at Georgia is ludicrous. Georgia came up short in some big games, Richt hired some assistant coaches who were poor fits, and Georgia missed out on some key recruits at QB, Oline, and Dline. Things had grown stale with Richt at Georgia and hopefully he is reinvigorated and getz Miami turned around.

Adjustments are immensely popular.

Everything during the offseason needs to be evaluated with that in mind. Once spring practice begins, lousy players will be adjusted to emerging stars.

Once in a while it works. Then we can loudly spotlight the 5% example and ignore the 95% rule.

Fast break Offense at UM will = Not utilizing the TE and having running backs run from the shotgun formation 95% of the time. DO NOT WANT!!

Line up big boy style and go at defenses.

Advertisement

He ran it for seven years finishing in the top five of total offense five times and was #1 in yards per game when he left in 2000. But giving Richt any credit is against your troll logic. Maybe you can give Butch a job working some of your other screen names.

Mark Richt get credit for being a MAJOR CHOKE ARTIST.

Happy now?

Happy now?

But at least he didn't lose to Washington with the greatest team ever. Lolz

Fast break Offense at UM will = Not utilizing the TE and having running backs run from the shotgun formation 95% of the time. DO NOT WANT!!

I mean this respectfully:

Why should a coach who has proven he can't "out-Bama" Bama during his time at UGA try the same approach that didn't work for him at Miami?

You know there are no points (bonus or otherwise) awarded for "big boy style" on the scoreboard, right?

I get that you have a preference ... But I don't care what we do, as long as we win games. Winning 10-0 or 50-49 is still a win.

So, why don't we get back to winning consistently before guys start critiquing the stylistics of the wins??

Advertisement
This guys kill me:

The Conclusive Answer is: Mark Richt Under-Achieved at UGA. That is a Fact!

Some people just choose not to accept FACT so they make excuses like: "He was seconds away from a NC game in 2012." BS! He lost just like he always lost the big games! Golden came close to beating FSU numerous times. Facts: Golden was not good enough to beat FSU!

You must not be a Cane fan. Might I remind you that we had Randy Shannon and Al Golden? This guy Richt is on another level. Look at some of the recruits he is in on only a month into the job and right before NSD. He took the job knowing the expectations...... win or you are gone. What will you speak of when he wins a Championship here within 5 years? I will tell you........you won't because you will be back on your Semenhole boards bashing Dumbo for getting his **** beat by Richt 3-4 years in a row. Grow up and if you aren't a Cane fan then leave. ****.

Uh, no. I doesn't = that at all.

Happy now?

But at least he didn't lose to Washington with the greatest team ever. Lolz

Lots of shame to lose to a Washington team that finished the 2000 season 11-1 and ranked #3 .......with a young QB.

Yet, in Mark Richt's best season (2002/13-1), he lost to a 5 Loss Florida team coached by Ron Zook.

MR Choked EARLY AND OFTEN.

Game Over!

Advertisement
Back