Another Story About Richt Being "Limited" At UGA

Advertisement
I live in Atlanta and listen to 92.9 the game so I know a lot about what went on at uga. Everyrhing itt is true so far. There's a reason 80% of uga fans wanted McGarrity gone instead of CMR.

I live in Marietta and work in Atlanta, and Hugh Douglas responds to my text messages to the station!

Hugh Douglas annoys the **** out of me. He's probably a good dude off the air but he's terrible to listen to.

Y'all eating out the hand of a has been coach.

He may well be a has been, we have to wait and see.

However we know two things, both of which are reason for optimism.

1. This entire staff is a massive upgrade over the prior. Simply stated, Richt has the best resume walking in the door of any coach UM ever hired and that point cannot be argued. As a guy who was in attendance at the OB for Maryland vs. UM in 84?, I can tell you there were not many believers in JJ back then. Richt's record of success bodes well.

2. This Admin stepped up, spent big bucks, gets it and wants to win. I believe they hired the best available candidate. In other words, if Richt flames out, there is reason to believe UM will go for quality, again, whereas in the past, they hired unproven garbage. Davis to cheap, unproven Coker to cheap, unproven Shammin to cheap, unproven Golden. That string of cheap, easy, unproven hires has ended.

Richt may not be the answer, but UM is headed in the right direction and that is the first time in 15 years we can say that.

Little does Bobo know that the AD wanted Richt to operate as a CEO type head coach and give control of the offense to an actual OC, instead of Richt calling plays. So he handed the reigns to Bobo..That's when it started going down hill for Richt according to a lot of friends I talk to that know UGA football more than me.

Unless Bobo is throwing himself under the bus, he must be oblivious to that.

This pretty much. The AD delegated him a lot of ceo responsibilities but folks on the uga boards maintain that handing reigns over was ultimately richt' decision because he knew he couldn't do it all. The AD never told him he couldn't call plays.

Advertisement
More BS excuses.

Get over it. MR was fired for Sucking at UGA.

He's our coach now....unfortunately. Hope he doesn't suck.

Hes more limited here in terms of recruiting, we will find out this time next years nsd. By the looks of it who know who signs with bruce abd byrd two big fish. If he loses them then wow disaster all over again.im rooting for his *** hope he cleans up he has to if we want to win, this was and is the only reason i wanted butch.

That didn't happen so mark get it done and lets whoops *** dog foreal. Im tired of beingouttalented byelite teams and outcoached by bumb squads.

I suggest using spell checker and the space bar in the future.

Advertisement
Little does Bobo know that the AD wanted Richt to operate as a CEO type head coach and give control of the offense to an actual OC, instead of Richt calling plays. So he handed the reigns to Bobo..That's when it started going down hill for Richt according to a lot of friends I talk to that know UGA football more than me.

Unless Bobo is throwing himself under the bus, he must be oblivious to that.

This pretty much. The AD delegated him a lot of ceo responsibilities but folks on the uga boards maintain that handing reigns over was ultimately richt' decision because he knew he couldn't do it all. The AD never told him he couldn't call plays.

No he didn't exactly tell him to hand it over, it was his decision in the end.. But I believe he hinted that to him or something like that. I don't know how it all went down. I just remember that when I talked to a few big UGA fans right after we hired Richt.

I think him calling plays is clearly best case scenario. He's for sure an elite OC. I hope he brings that 90s FSU offense with the tempo and all that with him.

Maybe McCavity knows something that Blake James doesn't. That Slick Richt checked out years ago and just mails it in these days.

More BS excuses.

Get over it. MR was fired for Sucking at UGA.

He's our coach now....unfortunately. Hope he doesn't suck.

agree lets get over the BS excuses...but he didnt suck he just is not an elite coach...there are only a handful of elite college coaches coaching right now

Saban
Urban
Meyer
Dantonio
maybe throw in
Stoops
Briles
and patterson
everybody else is just a good coach

Richt will never win the big one as long as Jesus is at the wheel.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit.

Advertisement
Richt will never win the big one as long as Jesus is at the wheel.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit.

Tell that to David....and Goliath

Tell that to Daniel after he was thrown into the lion's den and came out unscathed

Y'all eating out the hand of a has been coach.

I suppose butch would have been better?

Lolz these people. Call a guy that was 5 yards from the title game three years ago a has been. While wanting the guy who lost to Washington to miss the national championship 16 years ago.

MR had 15 years to prove that he was more than a 5 yard line Choke.

LOL

Butch has had five years to prove he's worthy of a job. FiU passed him over. Lol move on Sally

Advertisement
In the 15 yrs Richt has **** the bed at Georgia as some of you believe. There have been 8 coaches win it all. Let's throw out Coker, Tressel is probably done and his was a gift we can all agree. Then you have Chizik, who got replaced quickly after Cam, and is DC in Chapel Hill right? Now Les has done a solid job, but his Natty came with 2 or 3 losses. So what, he got one. But he also about got fired too! That leaves Urban, Saban, Mack Brown, and Pete Carrol. Pete got sanctions for his, and ain't coming to Miami. Mack Brown? Who wants him? You ain't getting Urban or Nicky. We got a good coach, can he win it all at UGA? Apparently not. I'll give him a chance in Miami though. After the last 15 yrs. **** yeah. He is one of the best, record wise, to not win it all. And the one's that have are not available! I think we really "trending up"! Sorry, fack Al!

In the 15 yrs Richt has **** the bed at Georgia as some of you believe. There have been 8 coaches win it all. Let's throw out Coker, Tressel is probably done and his was a gift we can all agree. Then you have Chizik, who got replaced quickly after Cam, and is DC in Chapel Hill right? Now Les has done a solid job, but his Natty came with 2 or 3 losses. So what, he got one. But he also about got fired too! That leaves Urban, Saban, Mack Brown, and Pete Carrol. Pete got sanctions for his, and ain't coming to Miami. Mack Brown? Who wants him? You ain't getting Urban or Nicky. We got a good coach, can he win it all at UGA? Apparently not. I'll give him a chance in Miami though. After the last 15 yrs. **** yeah. He is one of the best, record wise, to not win it all. And the one's that have are not available! I think we really "trending up"! Sorry, fack Al!

The guy has lost the hunger to win. He'll just go through the motions here and field a decent team that might win the Coastal every other year, but not much beyond that.

Advertisement
Back