Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Advertisement
Keep an eye out for Blake to try to save his own *** and firing manny, some straight up
wrasslin type baby face turn lol. Like he’s Mr bad cop now “ look guys I’m running this program , I have everything under control “.
With zero plan behind the scenes.

The problem is her own UM bio. It makes her appear involved, even if she's not.

"She is the sport administrator for football, women’s basketball, soccer and women’s tennis."
"Strawley played a key role in the hiring of head football coach Mark Richt, serving on the selection committee."

I don't disagree. But when, in the history of resumes, has a resume NOT been self-serving and overstated?

Again, I could go through your post and highlight the word "administrator" instead of "football", and that would be an accurate reflection. She administers. There are other sports (not mentioned there) in which someone else administers. There's not a person on this board who can describe some key "administrative" act that Jenn Strawley has performed that has impacted our football team negatively. All-cotton uniforms? White cleats instead of black? Banning of the phrase "Hit, stick, bust d!ck!"?

As for "key role in the hiring of a head football coach", again, please highlight the words "serving on the selection committee". There were many people on the "selection committee", but only one person's decision mattered. Beta Blake's. Asking Manny Diaz "can you tell me about a time in your life when you faced an unexpected challenge, and could you please tell me what you did to address that challenge?" is not the same as picking the next head coach. Again, if someone can provide the evidence that Beta Blake was THISCLOSE to hiring Mario Cristobal when Jenn Strawley SUDDENLY launched into an impassioned argument in favor of Manny Diaz, then I'll be happy to retract everything that I said. But that won't happen...because that never happened.

I don't care if Jenn Strawley puffs up her resume. But including her name on an airplane banner was a waste of letters. She is not the problem in any significant way, though I will be happy to see her (and many others in the Athletic Department) forced out when someone else takes Beta Blake's job.

is the billionaire ready to step up and get UM into big boy territory in terms of program funding (idc if we have or don't have the money, were not spending it at the level we need to)

Obviously we need to get Alpha Lemonis, Official UM SpokesTweeter, involved...or so some experts on the board would have us believe.

Whether they allow Blake to stick around (ENORMOUS MISTAKE) or whether they do the right thing and get rid of him altogether, he simply doesn't know how to run a successful, big time football program. At minimum, they have to wrest the controls of football from him and bring Zo or someone else to run the football program. It's clear that Blake has no clue and one would think that it would have been a big red flag when he took a few hours to hire an unproven HC, AND pay another school millions of dollars to do it.

Not that this means anything at all, but I remember thinking that we should give Kiffin a call and see if he'd be interested. Oh well...

Advertisement
I think it was posted here he may have not quoted it that way but something to that effect or someone from cis who did a YT video. I don't want to quote him directly but that's what was basically said we can't out athlete teams. It's towards the end of the YT video someone posted it here I believe.
That's a big difference from saying we don't have talent

If Blake was a wrestler he would be the shockmaster. Fall on his face every time
SmartSelect_20210921-162352_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
He hasn’t lived in Florida for almost a decade…you know some people grow up, adapt and don’t need to move back home when they’re 50 and find success elsewhere

There is a difference between living in Miami on an $100k salary and living in Miami making millions. I have no eagerness to move back to Miami but give me $5 million/year and the ability to not have to worry about what makes living in Miami undesirable and I would move back in a second.

That's a big difference from saying we don't have talent
we have talent like everyone else but we can be beating by those regular guys. Out talenting gets thrown around here like our roster is superior to UNC or something. Any team can beat us when u cant block I dont care how many stars someone like Donaldson got.,

Serious question. If this staff is so bad, how in the **** were they able to bring in such a loaded class? Better salesmen than coaches? Seems like an extreme contradiction.
Several reasons. #1 factor and it was explained last year. Like it or not COVID... Usually parents stay out of kids recruitments. They go along for trips or send a family friend along. One thing that was really emphasized is going home when you need to be with your family isn't as easy as alot of parents thought it was. Most staffs don't want to just have a kid pick up at any given moment even in the off season and let a kid go home... That was emphasized to alot of people through the pandemic. If a kid is in his own back yard he can come and go as he chooses. #2 as y'all should've seen through every off seasons social media, Mandy has got a **** good boo game. Unless you're inside you really don't see until game day or best case camp just how lost we are. #3 usually you're letting kids be kids and follow their hearts. Very few kids make informed decisions. Sad but true.

What I don’t get is if it’s true Blake hired Manny without consulting anyone how in the **** does he still have a job

It’s one thing if there was an agreement but to basically go off on your own behind everyone’s backs to hire someone isn’t that essentially a fireable offense?
He definitely didn't hire him with no one consent. That's bull****. He hired him without waiting on a vote for consensus because he had a good number of the board on his side who hold the power. Those members from my understanding were on board due to a certain former politician and some of his business connections. But y'all take that how you choose.

Advertisement
This is an issue with all of the DEs. At this point, it is clear the coaches are just not telling them they need to hold the edge and if you stay home to look for the cut back. That is the only explanation other than guys are not following your directions and you still let them play. Either one points to how bad the coaching is because either they are not coaching the basics or they are letting guys do whatever they want without punishment for it. That should be the easiest TFL in the world. Everyone knows teams are going to run the counter just have the guy play the correct assignment and stop it. Do it a few times and suddenly teams will have to stop running it every run play.
McCloud cannot hold the edge. He is getting manhandled and driven to wherever the tackle needs to take him. Johnson it appears as a stand up defensive end cannot hold the edge either. Harvey and Williams and Roberts should get almost all the snaps.

Mario and his wife are very close with their families , very. I know his wife hasn’t been a happy camper for awhile. She’s the bigger reason why I think it’s possible.
It's all that sunshine in Eugene. Has anyone ever been to Portland before they started to burn it down? Used to go out to the F-15 Guard base every year. Beautiful area when the sun is out. Unfortunately, the sun is rarely out. Rains have half the year in Eugene.

Advertisement
I love how more attractive Mario is to fans, assistant coaches and recruits now compared to ‘17/‘18. Was already a beast on the trail but more wins, more nfl players, more experience, etc
Well, winning 12 games, the Pac 12 and the Rose Bowl was enough for me after being mentored by Saban.

He definitely didn't hire him with no one consent. That's bull****. He hired him without waiting on a vote for consensus because he had a good number of the board on his side who hold the power. Those members from my understanding were on board due to a certain former politician and some of his business connections. But y'all take that how you choose.
Fact is he chose Manny in hours ( if that ) and most of these folks don’t care , so Blake has more power than he should. You technically can’t go rogue hiring people but at Miami they’ll co sign on whatever. As you know theres a small group that gives a ****.

There was multiple people extremely ****ed with how it was handled, especially the pro Mario people.

The folks that just signed off didn’t care enough to know hiring a guy from a failed staff within hours , paying a buyout to get him back , with zero search was malpractice. That’s why we stay in this position every 3-5 years.

Fact is he chose Manny in hours ( if that ) and most of these folks don’t care , so Blake has more power than he should. You technically can’t go rogue hiring people but at Miami they’ll co sign on whatever. As you know theres a small group that gives a ****.

There was multiple people extremely ****ed with how it was handled, especially the pro Mario people.

The folks that just signed off didn’t care enough to know hiring a guy from a failed staff within hours , paying a buyout to get him back , with zero search was malpractice. That’s why we stay in this position every 3-5 years.
Phil,stu,Theodore, & carol...

Advertisement
Back