Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Advertisement
Keep an eye out for Blake to try to save his own *** and firing manny, some straight up
wrasslin type baby face turn lol. Like he’s Mr bad cop now “ look guys I’m running this program , I have everything under control “.

Crazy that it comes to this to light a fire under Blake.

I think that there are coaches out there that you can get without throwing $ at it, Looked at Herman in Texas. We were able to find a JJ & DE, and Butch at reasonable $. The problem is we had a Sam Jancovich finding coaches backed them, this current group in charge now, not so sure they would know a good coach if they tripped over one.
They only know about designer shoes and organic vegan doggy treats.

Advertisement
Talent and first round talent are two different things, who do u see for sure and say holy **** thats a top 25 pick?
If you put them with a staff that's known for developing kids just quick top of the head I COULD see Brinson, Williams(especially at de),Taylor has a base that with proper coaching could be VERY special, Jake has that type of talent that could get him in the first round. Could make the case that kinchens could be VERY special. It's on iously early to make anything other than a biased projection. But alot of this class has a ton of gods given talent. Put this class with the staff I played under I think you probably got about 7 first rounders. To get that out of one class is definitely a program builder.

Gaynor was getting destroyed on Saturday. At some point in time, I don't care if you are a leader and a smart kid, you need to look elsewhere. How can you run inside zone if you are pulling your guards and leaving your center on his own? He was one on one on pass pro at times and getting eaten alive. We do nothing to help our guys out either. Again, scheme and coaching. Michigan State did not have to respect the edge because we rarely if ever attack it. Stretch play? WTF is that?

The defensive tackles were very good on Saturday. McCloud and Johnson cannot contain the outside. As a matter of fact, McCloud is not explosive enough to beat a tackle unless he stunts, he cannot get off a block and he gets pushed to wherever the tackle wants to take him. Yes, Roberts might make redshirt freshman mistakes same with Williams, but how can neither be on the field getting 70% of the reps? They are bigger and more athletic. That my friend is coaching to your weaknesses.

When it comes to Gaynor, he is what he is. Square pegs dont die round

I was hoping he'd be better this season, but I knew he wasnt KC Jones, much less Ty Wise(who was a really solid player by his last season at UM)

I think it was posted here he may have not quoted it that way but something to that effect or someone from cis who did a YT video. I don't want to quote him directly but that's what was basically said we can't out athlete teams. It's towards the end of the YT video someone posted it here I believe.
Nobody can out athlete teams anymore , including Bama. There’s a reason why they completely scrapped the offense and defense. They had to get with the times. Lining up in the 3/4 and pro style all game wasn’t cutting it. They got smaller and quicker on the edges, had more situational types and implemented NFL type route concepts and offenses. Their scheming is the best in the country on top of the talent.

Keep an eye out for Blake to try to save his own *** and firing manny, some straight up
wrasslin type baby face turn lol. Like he’s Mr bad cop now “ look guys I’m running this program , I have everything under control “.
The End What GIF by Daybreak

Advertisement
If you put them with a staff that's known for developing kids just quick top of the head I COULD see Brinson, Williams(especially at de),Taylor has a base that with proper coaching could be VERY special, Jake has that type of talent that could get him in the first round. Could make the case that kinchens could be VERY special. It's on iously early to make anything other than a biased projection. But alot of this class has a ton of gods given talent. Put this class with the staff I played under I think you probably got about 7 first rounders. To get that out of one class is definitely a program builder.

The ingredients are there, we just need a real chef, not Chef-Boy-Ardee....

My family moved to Oregon from Cuba. Probably the only Cubans to ever live in Oregon until Cristobal came along.

We all come back to Miami.
I was born in Jackson Memorial in 1957. Moved to Hollywood when I was 2. Left in 1983 and have not returned. The tri-county area is obviously WAY different than it was when I left. I’m of Spanish descent on my fathers side and many times it was assumed I was Cuban because I look the part. I was never offended by the assumption but would correct it when necessary.

I can understand the urge to return to Miami for many Cubans. Especially if family are there. It’s almost like their homeland. But I’m sure there are many who have found other locations more to their liking. Such as I have.

This wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

I was born in Jackson Memorial in 1957. Moved to Hollywood when I was 2. Left in 1983 and have not returned. The tri-county area is obviously WAY different than it was when I left. I’m of Spanish descent on my fathers side and many times it was assumed I was Cuban because I look the part. I was never offended by the assumption but would correct it when necessary.

I can understand the urge to return to Miami for many Cubans. Especially if family are there. It’s almost like their homeland. But I’m sure there are many who have found other locations more to their liking. Such as I have.
Mario and his wife are very close with their families , very. I know his wife hasn’t been a happy camper for awhile. She’s the bigger reason why I think it’s possible.

Advertisement
Hold on!! Don’t we have a poster in here that’s related to Mirabal? I’m sure must all and Mario are a package deal. Or at least I hope so.
He stopped posting during the Flowe recruitment.
He should know more about it then anyone else.

No, I don't think so. It's apparent to me you are a jaded dude given your Manny quip. Looking at the situation objectively, Manny has made it toxic right now. Barring some quasi miraculous turnaround, he is toast. No way he stays given how much the well has been poisoned. This has nothing to do with Mario. But if you think there is a better chance Manny stays under current circumstances, that is not being realistic at all!

Mario may or may not come. It certainly is plausible he would given certain things happen (like Blake stepping down for one and support from BOT and potential donors). I don't need to rehash the pro-argument for Mario that has already been posted. You may be right, but the degree of certainty you have is more wish fulfillment on your part than you care to realize.

Hilarious,

I felt like this last year.....maybe even more. Yet Manny's still here.

I just don't underestimate the ability of the AD and BOTs to do nothing anymore

You guys act as if it's ONLY when you've had enough that changes will be made. Well, actually this "let's *** him up" mob has been waiting out here for Manny for over a year.

Last year made me a realist. This year is just more of the same.

You want to play these "Mommy I wish" games knock yourself out. Better yet try holding your breath till it happens....Nah don't do that it's suicide

Instead of getting mad at me for being realistic, pull up a chair and wait with us...we've got some great ribs going here

Last edited:
Advertisement
Biggest problem with making that assessment is Mandy doesn't go all in on these kids and give them burn like that. All you can base that opinion off of right now is potential and skill sets.
One day I’ll make a thread on all the red flags that was staring my *** and others in the face with this guy lol. Denial is a *****.

Feldman is close to Mario - went to school with him and has been friends for years. He says that he doesn't think Mario knows what Mario wants to do. He doesn't see Mario as one of the college coaches who ultimately goes to the NFL; coaches like Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley are the type of coaches he sees doing that down the road.

Feldman believes that there are two schools Oregon should worry about with regard to Cristobol: USC and Miami.
Feldman also recognizes that Miami could be categorized as Cristobol's dream job and it would be interesting to see what he would do if Miami really pushes to hire him.

“In my mind, just knowing Mario—and I went to school with him, so I’ve known him a long time—like USC can pay Mario a lot more than Miami can, but Miami is home. His brother Lou is a Miami-Dade police officer and the family is entrenched there in that culture,” Feldman said.

“I was with [Mario] when they were playing their bowl game against Michigan State basically when the Miami job came open and they scrambled to bring Manny Diaz back to be the head coach,” Feldman said. “They couldn’t have afforded Mario’s buyout at that point, which was somewhere between $11M-$12M and I am not sure they can afford it now at $9M, so it may be a non-starter at that point.”

“I know Mario thinks he has a really good team now and he thinks they will be even better in 2022 and 2023,”

“If he wants to be the Miami head coach, it is going to be a rebuilding job no matter what,”

“The only thing I do wonder about is this may be the last realistic time that if he wants to be the coach at Miami "
You know how I know Feldman doesn't really know about this topic? Willing and able are two different things.

Serious question. If this staff is so bad, how in the **** were they able to bring in such a loaded class? Better salesmen than coaches? Seems like an extreme contradiction.

I'm in the same boat. I wasn't until all the misery we've been through. Especially after Manny's experiment, I'm a fan of so many coaches now..........what the name of that Michigan State coach?
He may be the savior of the program

But I will say right now realistically I don’t see anyone better. Some candidates to me are insane people are bringing up but I could be totally wrong

Advertisement
Back