Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Huh? Which Miami you talkin’ bout? Lol

I agree that it isn’t a full blown rebuild but first priority is seriously revamping this Offensive Line. We will never SERIOUSLY compete until that is fixed with quality numbers. The fact that we have 1 kid committed there right now is a ******* shame. Not to mention the fact that he is a complete project.
100% …. Oregon has a very very good OL, and guess what? They’re taking another 5 this year. OL has been our weakness and when is the last time we took 5 OL? That’s ****** recruiting and numbers from the top. Want to grab all these WRs and no OL. Embarrassing.

Advertisement
First, bless Feldman, but his relationship with Mario is superficial. He's a media guy who happened to be at Miami when Mario was on campus more than 2 decades ago. That's a returned phone call and an ice-breaker. Feldman now gets paid to speculate and, like the rest of us, try and put 2 and 2 together. Sometimes he's good at it, other times not so much. Not buying his idea of Mario jumping ship for USC, unless they throw an ungodly amount of cash his way.

Second, as said elsewhere, it's too early to determine how this plays out. Both Oregon and Miami have seasons to play out. If things go well for Oregon, Phil Knight's underlings will determine how much they like Mario and what he's worth. Miami has to first decide who's really making decisions. What do they do with Blake James, what's owed Manny, what's Mario's buyout at Oregon, what's the potential salary for Mario and his staff, and where do they get the money from.

Again, it's 3 weeks into the season and it's pure speculation on what might play out in January.
Yeah, I can't see any scenario where Mario bolts for USC. If Miami makes a play for Mario, you have to imagine it's a battle between Oregon cash and the heart strings at Miami. Just can't see where USC gets in the mix unless as you said, they throw a ton of cash but that seems unlikely.

My question is, if you’re willing to shell out so much money for Mario, who would be better than Mario to throw all that money to. If we’re talking buyouts etc. The total of that amount would be insane and can basically net you almost any coach in the country. So why not go after the big dogs.

Which big dogs would you suggest? Mario is the answer because Mario is as probably as good of a coach as you can get when you consider guys who would want to come here. I’m not saying Miami has unlimited money to throw $20M a year at Saban. Let’s be realistic. I’m saying Mario is a plausible option for the amount of money we could realistically justify paying and someone who would actually consider coming here.

I have no faith anymore.

Miami will wait too long like they always do and he will either resign for a billion dollars with the Ducks or take a job at another big program.

Advertisement
I’m told he wants to live in Cali. It’s from someone who knows him. I questioned it, because who the Fvck would want to live it that overtaxed **** hole? We’ll see if it comes to fruition
Got ya!

Which big dogs would you suggest? Mario is the answer because Mario is as probably as good of a coach as you can get when you consider guys who would want to come here. I’m not saying Miami has unlimited money to throw $20M a year at Saban. Let’s be realistic. I’m saying Mario is a plausible option for the amount of money we could realistically justify paying and someone who would actually consider coming here.
This

I believe Feldman said Mario’s buyout is $9 million this year but aside from that Mario won’t be available after next season, either because he takes the USC job or Oregon extends him to fend off USC. If it’s Mario it happens this year or doesn’t happen at all.

Exactly.

Don James, Part II.

It's now or never.

there is wishful thinking like your Saban example and then there is a feasible wish like getting Mario. True, both are wishes, but nowhere near equivalent.

Whatever man!

NEITHER ONE is going to happen no matter which one of them is more plausible.

NEITHER ONE....So the end result is that BOTH will ALWAYS remain UNFULFILLED WISHES

Saban ain't coming and neither is Mario. Time will prove that to ALL these wishful thinkers

But I'm not one to **** on someone wishing....since it's ALL imaginary....because having an imagination has its place.....as long as you know it's NOT reality.

BUT IF you are going to wish for something that's NEVER going to happen...Why go so small? It kinda defeats the purpose of wishing

Advertisement
Miami is a rebuilding job whether the fans think so or not it's been a rebuilding job for years according to every recruiting class we signed. Still haven't had that dominant recruiting class where in the back of your mind u say "this is the class". We have not had a class like that don't let anyone fool u.
It definitely is but same time with the portal and recruiting Mario knows he could have us winning the coastal in his sleep

And I’m not even a huge Mario fan but man this division is trash

👆No idea if any of the above is true...let's say it is...👇

A few things then...
- As Super Mario allows this to go unaddressed, it raises eyebrows for all involved
-- For "he doesn't have to respond crowd", in situations like these with no response, like it or not it becomes a position in court of public opinion...believing anything else is something for amateurs or even less
- Longer Super Mario doesn't publically (or privately to Oregon) doesn't emphatically state "I'm staying in Eugene!", game of cat and mouse for his $$$$$ interests.... good for him
-- NOW, if quietly behind scenes Oregon/Super Mario are working an extension, when they announce, emphatic power move about commitment (I'm 🤢🤮 thinking this was somewhat done with Golden during Shapiro garabage and PedoU came sniffing around*)
- We have several connected here...enlighten us in print...or is the social wacko about "Public Bienemy #1 to Miami" scooping?

What kind of buzz/bomb happens when Oregon/USC/Miami makes super Mario a Top 3-5 salary HC with staff???

*is my memory off on that?
Until the job is open the conversation is a non starter. Regardless all the people that matter already have these answers. At the very least we would certainly have his attention.

It definitely is but same time with the portal and recruiting Mario knows he could have us winning the coastal in his sleep

And I’m not even a huge Mario fan but man this division is trash
i think it takes him by 3rd season to really have us in motion of beating teams we are suppose to beat, he would fix the trnches but he needs the bodies.

Miami is a rebuilding job whether the fans think so or not it's been a rebuilding job for years according to every recruiting class we signed. Still haven't had that dominant recruiting class where in the back of your mind u say "this is the class". We have not had a class like that don't let anyone fool u.
Not sure I'd agree with you here brother. This last class is a pretty dominant class. The key factor in it is having the right staff to bring that talent out. Regardless, yes we are still most definitely 100% a rebuilding job.

Advertisement
Rebuilding for what? To win the Coastal? To win the conference? To make the playoffs? To win the national title?

How about first winning the Coastal? There is enough on the roster to do that if competently coached. Yes, it is a 5-year rebuild to get to a national title game. But we can win the conference within 2 to 3 years with 2 good classes and smart use of the portal and a well coached team.

Not sure I'd agree with you here brother. This last class is a pretty dominant class. The key factor in it is having the right staff to bring that talent out. Regardless, yes we are still most definitely 100% a rebuilding job.
last year wasnt a championship build class but it was decent on paper. I would say its a second or third tier type class.........when u see the top schools there classes are loaded up top heavy. Ours has some guys but we are some ways away imo.

Rebuilding for what? To win the Coastal? To win the conference? To make the playoffs? To win the national title?

How about first winning the Coastal? There is enough on the roster to do that if competently coached. Yes, it is a 5-year rebuild to get to a national title game. But we can win the conference within 2 to 3 years with 2 good classes and smart use of the portal and a well coached team.
I agree with Roman Marciante (think thats his name) his last video on YT he said we dont have the horses to beat basic teams anymore and I agree 1000000 percent.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane @SWFLHurricane

I was wrong. He said he won’t be the usc coach. Totally my bad thinking he said UM

All good with me, but please trust me, SWFL/CIO is unbelievably well-connected and knowledgeable. And he doesn't talk if he doesn't know.

Look, there is ALWAYS the possibility that the BOT pvssies out and does a double-reverse on offering/hiring the Alonzo-Manny combo. BUT IT'S IN PLAY.

If it happens, it happens. And if it doesn't, I will agitate for a complete turnover of the BOT for the rest of my alumni life.

I believe Feldman said Mario’s buyout is $9 million this year but aside from that Mario won’t be available after next season, either because he takes the USC job or Oregon extends him to fend off USC. If it’s Mario it happens this year or doesn’t happen at all.
It’s 8 mil til 01/14/22 then it’s 9 mil

Whatever man!

NEITHER ONE is going to happen no matter which one of them is more plausible.

NEITHER ONE....So the end result is that BOTH will ALWAYS remain UNFULFILLED WISHES

Saban ain't coming and neither is Mario. Time will prove that to ALL these wishful thinkers

But I'm not one to **** on someone wishing....since it's ALL imaginary....because having an imagination has its place.....as long as you know it's NOT reality.

BUT IF you are going to wish for something that's NEVER going to happen...Why go so small? It kinda defeats the purpose of wishing

well, unless you know something the rest of us don't you are just wishing too (I guess, wishing you are right)- except I am not sure why you are being so negative about it? Mental states can sometimes color one's perspective one way or another with no bearing on plausibility or impossibility.

A plausible case can be made for Mario. Doesn't mean it's a certainty. But yet you are acting as if it is certain he's not coming with no more or less information anyone else has!

Yeah, whatever man!

Rough math (and correctly if someone finds something more accurate)
Diaz buyout 6mil
Mario buyout 12mil
Mario salary per year 4.5mil

Right now it would cost 22.5 mil upfront with no staff

After 2022 season
Diaz 3mil
Mario 8mil
Mario salary 4.5mil

After next season cost is 15.5 upfront

Barring a complete **** show to finish the season, I think BOT makes next year make or break for Diaz. Mario buyout drops, Diaz buyout drops. Much more realistic to get Mario here but still pricey
I’m not an expert but can’t buyouts be broken up? At least for the coach being fired?

Advertisement
Back