Another November

by record, he is worse than Manny with more resources. how is the projection better when we still lose to teams we shouldn't and have been 5-9 in our last 14 conference games (in an easy conference). is it bc his name is just Mario Cristobal vs Manny Diaz? by record, he is worse with more resources than any other coach has been given at UM. to compare, as was said in another thread, he would have to win 11 straight conference games to match mannys acc record. I think Mario is obviously a better coach but it's hard to say that the projection is good. we have a good defense and have improved on the OL which we expected under Mario, but still dont have a legit QB, still struggle with O scheme, playcallling, and overall philosophy.

yesterday wasn't doom and gloom but its not factual to say this team projects to be better when we have shown that we aren't better overall (we have 3 of 6 wins against g5 and an FCS team, 2 wins at at home in OT/2OT against very average to putrid ACC teams, and a home loss to an ACC team we shouldn't have lost to if not for your savior Mario.

Mario is gonna be here for the better portion of his entire contract bc we dont have ATM boosters who can pay that buyout and not blink. we just gotta hope he hires a Mullen type OC who tells Mario to just recruit and let me worry about scheme, philosophy, play calling and if you dont agree, you can find your own office. this really has to be a directive from up top bc teams have won immediately in todays CFB. you dont need to struggle for years to win now anymore esp w the portal. its not even debatable anymore. even one fluke season of 10-11 wins (we haven't won 11 since 03) would do wonders for the projection and trajectory of this program. were now gonna go into year 3 with a ton of the same questions and possibly a third OC in 3 years.

you're on point with everything here btw...the stuff the Mario bro's convince themselves sometimes of is just mind baffling. He is quite possibly the worst game day coach in the entire SPORT's (not just our) history, and we still have mario apologists out there.

Advertisement
These guys believe better players will magically elevate coaching.

It doesn't work that way.
I mean it could happen.
Ed Orgeron Tigers GIF by Barstool Sports

16 turnovers are fact not excuses.

A Diaz team would have lost to A&M, Clemson, and got blown out by FSU with a freshman QB.

What was Diaz's best win?

Our trenches are must better and built to last.

I don't like some of Marii's coaching
decisions or his meddling with the offense, but comments infuriate me. We have a HC who understands what a championship team look like. We will get there.

It took FSU 4 years having a losing record before they broke through.

Fans are so unrealistic with expectations. We all thought we were a 10-11 win team (including me) after the A&M game. Then TVD became broken and it all changed.

No amount of blaming the head coach compares to 13 of the 16 turnovers were committed by your QB. If you want to blame Mario for not making a QB change, then that is debatable, but fair.
fsu had 2 bad years under norvel. won 10 in year 3 and 10 in year 4. thats with a coach who had 4 total years of HC exp prior to his FSU gig and in those 4 years total as HC he won 10+ twice (12 and 10). so in 2 of his first 4 years he got double digit wins as a first time HC. in 4 years in his second HC gig (years 4-8), he won 10 twice now. he did it with incredible development of his QB and great portal acquisitions. these are just the numbers

Advertisement
16 turnovers are fact not excuses.

A Diaz team would have lost to A&M, Clemson, and got blown out by FSU with a freshman QB.

What was Diaz's best win?

Our trenches are must better and built to last.

I don't like some of Marii's coaching
decisions or his meddling with the offense, but comments infuriate me. We have a HC who understands what a championship team look like. We will get there.

It took FSU 4 years having a losing record before they broke through.

Fans are so unrealistic with expectations. We all thought we were a 10-11 win team (including me) after the A&M game. Then TVD became broken and it all changed.

No amount of blaming the head coach compares to 13 of the 16 turnovers were committed by your QB. If you want to blame Mario for not making a QB change, then that is debatable, but fair.
diaz beat FSU twice there and here. lost to them once with a freshman QB

A lot of true freshmen and sophomores playing right now…. A lot to build on this season and learning to keep fighting.

We have to figure out the QB position this off season… bring in one or two kids and let them battle it out with Emory. We have to have better play at that position next season

I hope the 100 recruits that visited Tally this weekend saw just how close this team is in Mario’s 2nd year with a QB with the yips (TVD) as compared to Norvell’s 4th.

We are a good to great qb away from contending for the ACC/CFP. Meanwhile this vaunted playoff FSU team looked just Ok.

However, I do agree with @Cribby ‘s point about elite playmakers.

I’ve gotta give you credit DMoney. Williams, while tough and a leader that has earned the respect of the team, is a backup game manager. To expect him or go into next season with him potentially starting would be a disaster. He’s easily 2 more seasons away from consideration. 2026 season at the earliest.

Advertisement
I’ve gotta give you credit DMoney. Williams, while tough and a leader that has earned the respect of the team, is a backup game manager. To expect him or go into next season with him potentially starting would be a disaster. He’s easily 2 more seasons away from consideration. 2026 season at the earliest.
What are you giving credit for? I'm honestly asking because he also has discussed how much the "coaches" love Emory.

Pinning our hopes on a portal miracle at QB, it's still funny seeing people saying this is the way.

Any OC we face recruiting QB X this off season would only need 15 minutes to show why having a QB isn't needed here besides handing off the ball. It isn't even worth my time explaining how and why that is, but it's there for all to see in the film.
We can bring in Brady and buffoon one (Mario) and buffoon two ( Dawson) would run their trash bunch sets dive up the middle plays.

I hope TVD can finish strong. I can see him transferring to SMU but it’s obvious his career as a Cane is winding down. Mad respect if he can lead us to an 8-4 regular season.

There’s no doubt, priority No. 1 right now becomes getting a multi-dimensional QB to transfer in as the clear No. 1 and see if Jacurri and Emory respond to the competition.

Emory is a CANE. He’s a bada$$. Glad he puts on for the U.

Advertisement
Landing a stud portal QB is absolutely key to next year no doubt about it. TVD is mentally finished. Emory has the heart of a lion but lacks pocket mobility to be elite.

Well, it does- see the top two teams in the nation.

Doesn’t mean we can’t be better on offense and quarterback while still being tough and physical. Turnovers are the first issue but not the only one.
Then I look at the NFL and see some very spread offenses playing and winning superbowls. I don't recall KC lining up in bunch sets very often. Same with Dolphins, SF, Rams, Cinci. I'll give you Philly.

Why do we have to always point to UGA, Michigan, Bama winning it all so everyone else has to use the same playbook for success? Miami won in the 80s in part because they didn't use the Nebraska, OU, Texas, etc blueprints.

Until Miami has the talent, we need to be adaptable on both sides. Guidry adapted to his best talent and has been in a 3/3/5 a ton. instead of spreading the D out so our run game has lanes, they run into a freaking wall of 9-10 guys & never pass out of bunched sets. Never throw TE or RB screens.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Then I look at the NFL and see some very spread offenses playing and winning superbowls. I don't recall KC lining up in bunch sets very often. Same with Dolphins, SF, Rams, Cinci. I'll give you Philly.
The Dolphins and 49ers use fullbacks more than anybody in the league. The Rams have their WRs blocking front seven players like we do with Restrepo.

I’m not defending our offense because the results are the results. But the TuFf and FyZiCal meme is silly to me. Winning teams want to be tough and physical, as you can see when you look at the top teams.

The Dolphins and 49ers use fullbacks more than anybody in the league. The Rams have their WRs blocking front seven players like we do with Restrepo.

I’m not defending our offense because the results are the results. But the TuFf and FyZiCal meme is silly to me. Winning teams want to be tough and physical, as you can see when you look at the top teams.
How often are any of them lining up with 10 players within 15 yards of one another on normal 1&10 plays? I don’t care if a team uses an 11 personnel with an HB. Those teams aren’t lining up two TE/two WR as HBs & running the ball all the time. Even if they do some, I bet they also pass the ball out of those same sets while we don’t.

The tough and physical stuff is simply fans ****ed at the results and using Mario’s own words against him. Personally, we are a very tough and physical team. Heck, more so than any team we have played YET we are 6-4. Why? Opponents know what is coming so out number us on almost every play.

That’s not really fair to Mario.

The problem is all his top choices would be Plan C and Plan D candidates to competent coaches that actually try to score points on Saturday.

It’s not that Mario gets turned down by great OCs. He just has no interest in them to begin with.
He’s probably already sliding into Jason Candles DMs

We do NOTHING like dolphins and 9ers.. Cmon man.. They motion and use playmakers in different ways, lots of eye candy while still being physical.. To use them and say Mario is building that?!

This is a message board born from the lounge (not like I have to tell the owner), you know when we start to lose tons of memes pop up to laugh to keep from crying.. running up against a boat, joe joe joe, pillars, etc. Its all in fun man, we suck and for many years, Mario is lost and we stuck with him for yearsssss and everyone knows it.. We just enjoying the ride how we can..

Advertisement
Back