Another November

I mean it could happen.
Ed Orgeron Tigers GIF by Barstool Sports

Joey B and Joe Brady aren’t in the Hecht building to make Mario look good

Advertisement
I hope the 100 recruits that visited Tally this weekend saw just how close this team is in Mario’s 2nd year with a QB with the yips (TVD) as compared to Norvell’s 4th.

We are a good to great qb away from contending for the ACC/CFP. Meanwhile this vaunted playoff FSU team looked just Ok.

However, I do agree with @Cribby ‘s point about elite playmakers.
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Fsu was better on special teams. Their punter was more effective than ours, their fg kicker didn’t miss, ours did. While ladsen made a heads up play on the onsides recovery, they got a huge punt return.
Absolutely. I could argue that special teams mistakes by Miami was responsible for 17 points.

Here is how:
1) X misplaying the first punt. We get pinned inside the 5 instead of ball at the 15. Led to punt out of our End Zone, FSU had short field and they scored 7 on next drive. 7 points.

2) Missed FG: 3 points = 10 points.
3) Coleman punt return: les to Coleman TD catch = 17 points.

We got 3 points on a horrible drive after failed onside = net 14 points for FSU.

Mario's 2 most important recruiting tasks this offseason are:
1) keep impactful veterans to stay 1 more year than leave for the draft.
2) find a high end QB in the portal. Someone with special talent. Whether that's through the air or on the ground of both.

Whoever the OC is next year, needs to have Chris Johnson Jr as RB1 or RB1b. Cause Fletcher is good and has a role. His vision needs work and he has to stop trying to cut back on DBs in space. Johnson has the cut and the speed to break the long runs and ******* finish them.

Drop X on the depth chart. He looks like he's running in molasses and his hands failed him yesterday. And he still doesn't know when to field a punt. Tell him to hit the portal with TVD. Start Brashard or RayRay(if healthy) or Williams in the slot.
I hate to bring this name up again but I will regarding #1:

It’s exactly what Norvel did at FSU. He convinced Benson, Travis, Verse, Fisk, Deloach, Bethune and others to come back.

Mario needs to convince Kiko, (Cohen, Rivers unlikely they forgo NFL), JW, Kam, LT, Hunte and Lee to come back. If some on the O-line go, I feel confident in what Mario & Maribal have to fill in (McCoy, Rodriguez at C, Kinsler, Pancake, etc).

Advertisement
No I've researched this thoroughly. I love to pull out this chart and you've given me the opportunity. Thank you! Just ask yourself how many top classes recruited to the turnarounds of these national championship coaches. Almost all didn't have the portal to start having success.

View attachment 265722
I couldn’t help but notice all of that success of the coaches in the 1940s.

You are underestimating Mario!!

Absolutely. I could argue that special teams mistakes by Miami was responsible for 17 points.

Here is how:
1) X misplaying the first punt. We get pinned inside the 5 instead of ball at the 15. Led to punt out of our End Zone, FSU had short field and they scored 7 on next drive. 7 points.

We got 3 points on a horrible drive after failed onside = net 14 points for FSU.

1) 10 yards wasn’t going to stop 7 points
2) yes
3) Joyce is a disappointment for the tackling. Be aggressive and come up some to take on Coleman at the 20-30! Also, lower kicks lead to better returns. He did a good job of kicking away from him most of the time but lines that one directly to him.

1) 10 yards wasn’t going to stop 7 points
2) yes
3) Joyce is a disappointment for the tackling. Be aggressive and come up some to take on Coleman at the 20-30! Also, lower kicks lead to better returns. He did a good job of kicking away from him most of the time but lines that one directly to him.
On #1, agree but maybe we have better success moving the ball to around the 30 yard line and then punting this better flipping the field vs having your true freshman QB taking his first snap of the game from the 1 yard line.

They started their 2nd possession on our side of the 50.

Advertisement
I keep seeing mention of how much we have improved. Through ten games last year, 5-5. through ten games this year, 6-4. So what, we got a little hot sauce and pepper sprinkled on our **** sandwhich?
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

No where near the hot sauce yet.

We do NOTHING like dolphins and 9ers.. Cmon man.. They motion and use playmakers in different ways, lots of eye candy while still being physical.. To use them and say Mario is building that?!

This is a message board born from the lounge (not like I have to tell the owner), you know when we start to lose tons of memes pop up to laugh to keep from crying.. running up against a boat, joe joe joe, pillars, etc. Its all in fun man, we suck and for many years, Mario is lost and we stuck with him for yearsssss and everyone knows it.. We just enjoying the ride how we can..
I certainly wish I lived in a world where my favorite team since I was 7 wasn't a joke. But here we are laughing after 20 years of excuses and incompetence.

Here is how:

Dont forget the muffed punt we couldnt make a play on.. would have been HUGE for us..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because Coleman was down with control then Flagg muscled it away. It was the right call. Luck

Tons of bad calls but that wasn’t one.
Ok. I couldn’t tell because they only showed one replay.

Advertisement
Back