Another Mark Walton arrest video

Advertisement
CTE is a chronic, untreatable and extremely serious brain disease that affects people in exactly the way Mark is behaving in this video, i.e. irrationally, aggressively, unpredictably.
While I wouldn't rule out CTE - it seems like a big leap to me.

All of these seem like plausible reasons for Walton's behavior:

CTE
Depression/Mental/Emotional Health issues
Immaturity/Anger Issues
Just being a bad drunk & an *******

So honest question (I have no medical background) - there's no history of concussions with Walton, so why would CTE be the assumption?

I mean - I've been around tons of dudes who behave irrationally, aggressively, unpredictably when they're drunk. **** - I've been that dude some nights.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking. Without violating HIPPA further...PET scan.
It's HIPAA. And if you were telling the truth, that's 100% a HIPAA violation. You'll probably want to ask these folks to update their page. They're under the impression it can only be diagnosed during an autopsy.

Advertisement
You have no idea what you’re talking about.

You lack common sense, are purposely being a dope, or simply being obtuse...perhaps a combination of all three.

99% of brains obtained by the National Football League for a study had CTE.
91% for college players.

You can play the "well, how do you know, DOCTOR" angle like a douche while tau proteins eat away at his brain and he's ****ing himself outside of a Pizza Hut after getting arrested for the 4th time in a year...or you can simply acknowledge the obvious.

Either way...hope Mark finds help.

It's HIPAA. And if you were telling the truth, that's 100% a HIPAA violation. You'll probably want to ask these folks to update their page. They're under the impression it can only be diagnosed during an autopsy.

Not sure how your article disputes the point about autopsy.

The title is "Criteria Proposed to Diagnose Clinical Syndrome Tied to CTE". And this is literally the first sentence: "Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) remains a diagnosis that can only be made during autopsy, but consensus criteria for a clinical syndrome associated with CTE that can be diagnosed during life have been proposed."

Advertisement
Not sure how your article disputes the point about autopsy.

The title is "Criteria Proposed to Diagnose Clinical Syndrome Tied to CTE". And this is literally the first sentence: "Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) remains a diagnosis that can only be made during autopsy, but consensus criteria for a clinical syndrome associated with CTE that can be diagnosed during life have been proposed."
The guy I responded to claims to have diagnosed Walton with a PET scan.

You lack common sense, are purposely being a dope, or simply being obtuse...perhaps a combination of all three.

99% of brains obtained by the National Football League for a study had CTE.
91% for college players.

You can play the "well, how do you know, DOCTOR" angle like a douche while tau proteins eat away at his brain and he's ****ing himself outside of a Pizza Hut after getting arrested for the 4th time in a year...or you can simply acknowledge the obvious.

Either way...hope Mark finds help.

Again you have no idea what you’re talking about. Stop embarrassing yourself.

You’re not a doctor, you don’t have enough information to make any kind of diagnosis. Mark Walton could have one of thousands of possible brain or mental disease diagnoses.

You literally have no fūcking idea what he has. He could have anything from a congenital organic brain syndrome, to an undiagnosed schizophrenia, or undiagnosed bipolar disorder or numerous possible other disorders - you don’t know.

And let me clue you in on something genius. As it stands now, CTE is basically impossible to diagnose in the living, so I don’t know what makes you think you’re qualified to say he has it.

You literally have to be dead for a definitive diagnosis to be made. So why don’t you just stop making false conclusions - they have no basis in fact

Next time, don’t bring a knife to a gun fight.

Again you have no idea what you’re talking about. Stop embarrassing yourself.

You’re not a doctor, you don’t have enough information to make any kind of diagnosis. Mark Walton could have one of thousands of possible brain or mental disease diagnoses.

You literally have no fūcking idea what he has. He could have anything from a congenital organic brain syndrome, to an undiagnosed schizophrenia, or undiagnosed bipolar disorder or numerous possible other disorders - you don’t know.

And let me clue you in on something genius. As it stands now, CTE is basically impossible to diagnose in the living, so I don’t know what makes you think you’re qualified to say he has it.

You literally have to be dead for a definitive diagnosis to be made. So why don’t you just shut the fūck up and stop talking about **** about which you have no idea.

Next time, don’t bring a knife to a gun fight and try to educate yourself before you try to discuss something intelligently with people that are a lot better informed than you are.

99%. 110 out of 111 brains. All of those disorders you listed out trying to sound smart, all have an increased risk by a multiplier with head trauma. There are plenty of studies on this with just regular people...nevermind a professional football player, which, again, we have a study showing that 99% of them have CTE. If you think the guy ****ing his pants outside of a Pizza Hut after getting arrested for a Nth time doesn't have it, perhaps its you that should educate yourself.

If you want to wait until his eventual demise to crack open his skull to confirm he's got tau proteins eating away at his brain...by all means...enjoy. But, you clearly lack common sense, are purposely being a dope, or simply being obtuse...and now, you just sound like a CTE denier, like a ******* weirdo.

Advertisement
Does anyone have any idea what happened? How does this guy go from a hard working team leader type to that scene in a Pizza Hut? What was the trigger?

Admittedly I don't know much about him in terms of his personal life. Was he always the guy in this video and nobody noticed? This is beyond sad. It's downright depressing.
I think it started after his mom passed away.

CTE can only be diagnosed by examining postmortem brain tissue. However, it is a very likely explanation based on his behavior in this video.
Or bipolar disorder which is know to become more intense in early adulthood. All stupid **** done by athletes who experience head trauma in their sport can not be blamed on CTE.

99%. 110 out of 111 brains. All of those disorders you listed out trying to sound smart, all have an increased risk by a multiplier with head trauma. There are plenty of studies on this with just regular people...nevermind a professional football player, which, again, we have a study showing that 99% of them have CTE. If you think the guy ****ing his pants outside of a Pizza Hut after getting arrested for a Nth time doesn't have it, perhaps its you that should educate yourself.

If you want to wait until his eventual demise to crack open his skull to confirm he's got tau proteins eating away at his brain...by all means...enjoy. But, you clearly lack common sense, are purposely being a dope, or simply being obtuse...and now, you just sound like a CTE denier, like a ******* weirdo.
This is another case where people think they've got all the answers from reading a headline. Somewhere in that study is a disclaimer stating that the sample they used might be skewed. Those brains were donated by the families. It's very possible that they did that because they knew something was wrong. That's not exactly independent observations.

I can guarantee that the real number is less than 99%.

Advertisement
While I wouldn't rule out CTE - it seems like a big leap to me.

All of these seem like plausible reasons for Walton's behavior:

CTE
Depression/Mental/Emotional Health issues
Immaturity/Anger Issues
Just being a bad drunk & an *******

So honest question (I have no medical background) - there's no history of concussions with Walton, so why would CTE be the assumption?

I mean - I've been around tons of dudes who behave irrationally, aggressively, unpredictably when they're drunk. **** - I've been that dude some nights.
You make a good point about mental health issues being another likely factor. That said, it doesn't rule-out CTE. People often have co-occurring brain conditions. In fact, having a preexisting mental illness puts him at an increased risk/vulnerability to developing CTE. Perhaps that is why it's showing up for him at a younger age than you usually see in these athletes?

As to the question about concussions, how do we know he has no history? I've read about football players who say they were diagnosed with X number of concussions but who acknowledge that they probably had tenfold that number that went undiagnosed.

In the article from another post it looks like they are moving away from concussions to calling it repetitive head impacts (RHIs) ("These head impacts can be with or without clinical symptoms or signs of concussion or traumatic brain injury"). Anyone who plays football at a certain level for an extended period of time is going to have had multiple RHIs.

Last edited:
It’s a very likely explanation? How so? How did you arrive at the likelihood of this diagnosis?
Pretty simply actually, he meets the proposed clinical criteria for CTE:

A minimum of 5 years of organized American football, with 2 or more of those years played at the high school level or beyond. - check

Core clinical features include progressive cognitive impairment involving episodic memory or executive functioning, or neurobehavioral dysregulation including explosiveness, impulsivity, rage, violent outbursts, and emotional lability, or both. - check

I'm pretty certain that the cognitive issues, like memory problems, would also show up if he were to take a neuropsych exam.

Which differential diagnosis do you propose?

This man is going to end up killing somebody, himself, or ends up on a corner in Brownsville begging for change. The CTE is obvious and real.
No cte.

It’s just bipolar schizophrenia. Meds and/ or other treatments would make him like his old self but if you asked him, he would say “I’m not crazy”.

The hardest part is getting them to realize their thought process is disrupted and they need help.

I can’t count how many guys I have seen this happen to. High testosterone guys act like Walton is acting. When they are manic they have unpredictable violent outburst. When in the depressed mode, they get real weird and delusional. Lower testosterone guys are in this state more than the erratic manic state.

He should be Baker acted but he has just barely enough awareness that they can’t force him into treatment. He is in a dangerous grey area. Hopefully a shift happens that gets him of the street and into a facility to get the care he needs.

Advertisement
Back