Anonymous Coaches Talk Miami

Advertisement
I think martell has the arm strength for sure that’s not really his problem. He has to work on the consistency of his accuracy from the looks of it based on the reports
From what my eyes see (maybe im blind and your right not saying your wrong) his arm doesnt look strong to me especially on that deep out to the sidelines. Thats what I usually look for that throw tells u alot about arm strength not a deep ball.

Isn't unreasonable??....Your joking right??...
You make it sound that its okay by you....

hes not saying its okay, he's not its not unreasonable. theres a diff. he can see the canes finishing 3rd and so should everyone else given our past and a first year HC, but no one is condoning a third place finish

Advertisement
Only you could say taking Gerald Willis, Joe Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, and Jaquan Johnson off a defense that was national championship good would make it better the following year.

There is a 0.0% chance the defense will be better this year. None. Especially early in the season. Stick to Xbox...you'll never replace the leadership and intelligence of Jaquan Johnson on the back end, and no one on this roster is close to as good as Willis was last year in the middle. The defense will still be very good....Manny's scheme puts a ton of pressure on you using speed, and this defense will be fast as ****. But best we've had in a decade is super retarded.

losing Quan will be the biggest loss imo. he meant so much to the D and esp the secondary.

What you’re saying is absolutely true. When you really have ADHD, meds matter. He might not have been on Adderall. There are others like Concerta and Vyvanse that have different delivery mechanisms. But all of them are stimulants. I don’t get how he improved off the meds unless he was on such a high dose that it was causing anxiety.

No doubt. I was just using Adderall as an example. He may have even just been on generic Amphetamine Salts, Vyvanse, et.c

Completely agree. His parents may have just got him a script so he can get extra time on tests and to use the adderall to increase hours studied not to help him study. I knww tons of kids who don't need adderall, but use it because they can pull all nighters on them and study efficiently even while going on no sleep for finals. I can see Tates parents doing that. Then if he took it for every practice he may be having crazy anxiety like you said. I

Adderall isn't like normal medicine. If he really has ADD(which he may not since it is extremely over diagnosed) than the difference between being on your meds and off your meds is insane. I knew kids that had ADD that were completely normal when on their meds and when off their meds they couldn't even pay attention long enough to draw a stick figure. I can't even imagine them trying to play football like that.

I have ADHD so does my son. If I don’t take my meds I literally can’t function at work. When on my meds there is no “high”, they just help me slow down and focus. Same for my son. Otherwise like I said my attention span is for the ****e

Did Drake just curse us
Screenshot_20190522-230128_Instagram.jpg

Advertisement
I don't care what these guys do in a controlled environment like practices and scrimmages, I want to see them perform with live bullets and quality competition. Miami has had far too many practice champions recently. Tate will probably get a ton of yards on the ground because he doesn't throw real well. If he wants to stay in competition he will need to find ways to make an impact with his feet and quick passes within the 3-15 yard range that gets his guys in space. Most of the route tree will have to be amended to accommodate that part of his game. He obviously could get away with it in HS, but he is looking at a different beast at this level.
Wrong. Considering this is a west coast based offense (I believe Enos called it "spread coast") a lot of the routes are intermediate routes. In a west coast offense your WRs do all the leg work. U get them the ball quickly in space and let them make something happen. So in fact, most of the route tree is in Tate's wheelhouse.

I always find these articles interesting and typically there are quotes from more than one anonymous coach; has anyone been able to find additional quotes from the article (or elsewhere) about Miami?

Advertisement
Advertisement
You keep changing the narrative, you asked what has Perry done vs Martell. FSU win vs Rutgers Win

I was at the spring game and Martell throws some wobbly duck passes to the WRs
I said Perry was up and down and from what I saw from Tate, all he did was make plays. I get that Rutgers isn't the best competition but I pay attention to what he does. It's all just opinions

Advertisement
Back