Angelo Jean-Louis Commits to Marshall

we'll always have this gif:

739.gif

742.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Should've been a Cane. ****ing bull**** UM Admissions.

I hope this is a joke. This kid barely got into Marshall for ****s sake

Why should athletes be required to have good grades? They're being admitted on an athletic scholarship.

I can't play football but I got a 1900 on my SAT. I could get into UM.

A guy who can play football but only gets an 1100 on his SAT should be able to get in as well.

Why should athletes be required to have good grades? They're being admitted on an athletic scholarship.

A guy who can play football but only gets an 1100 on his SAT should be able to get in as well.

Negged, can't blame it on admissions when kids go to prep school and still can't get the grades.

Advertisement

With comments like this, it's no surprise you included the writing portion in your score.

With comments like this, it's no surprise you included the writing portion in your score.

Lol. I believe writing was actually my lowest, something like 91st percentile. I was above 95 on the other two.

Last edited:
Athletic scholarships --- college football is not minor league NFL...it's a place where kids go to (hopefully) earn a college degree and prepare themselves for life...some of them play football while they're at it, and continue playing football if they're good enough (most aren't). I maintain that the Canadian major junior hockey system, or at least something similar to what MLB does, needs to be done for talented football players who don't want to be "scholars". If AJL couldn't make it into Marshall right away, he sure as **** wasn't going to make it into Miami or any other legit school.

Advertisement
Grooms was recently arrested...

An off-field incident has cast a bit of a pall over Marshall’s clinching of its first-ever Conference USA division title.

The Huntington Herald-Dispatch is reporting that running back Kevin Grooms was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with domestic battery and obstruction. What led to the incident, which occurred less than 12 hours after the Herd had put the finishing touches on a win over East Carolina, has yet to be detailed.

In a press release sent out this morning, Marshall acknowledged the incident and stated the back has been indefinitely suspended by the football program.

“We are aware of the situation and are handling it appropriately and internally,” the school said in a statement.

This is the second arrest for Grooms the past seven months. In late April, Grooms was charged with underage consumption and obstruction.

Grooms is currently third on the team with 503 yards rushing and six rushing touchdowns.

Kevin Goons has more arrests than TDs. He has a bright future in crime.

Advertisement

Lol. I believe writing was actually my lowest, something like 91st percentile. I was above 95 on the other two.

You are always such a douche on the boards. Not just this comment, all of the time. It annoys me that you graduated from the same university I am about to...

Personal marks aside, I disagree with you. The scores and grades needed to play here are very attainable with effort. If you lower admissions requirements that drastically, you may as well tell them they are no longer required to take classes. I do believe it is without question something needs to be done about "paying players" or something of that nature, at least for the bigger schools, the power 5/6 or so. When the NCAA made all of these rules, they had no idea what college football would turn into. Not too mention what Twitter and recruiting sites bring to the table.

You're also a top five **** on this board, so you've got that going for you.

Advertisement
Back