Andrew Chatfield Talks Recruiting After Opening Regional

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article

David Perez

Recruit
Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 4.35.18 PM.jpg

Over 300 players entered the Miami Dolphins practice facility on Sunday for the Opening Miami Regional, but only 12 players left with an invitation to Oregon this summer.

One of those 12 players was American Heritage defensive end Andrew Chatfield, who shredded offensive lineman throughout the day.

[TWEET]835939800066707457[/TWEET]

Chatfield’s recruiting has ramping up after a big junior year, and is being heavily recruited by big time programs around the nation.

“I’ve visited Miami, Florida State, Florida, and Maryland,” Chatfield said.

Chatfield plans on visiting more schools, and one school that he hasn’t visited leads the way in his recruitment.

“LSU,” Chatfield said. “They’ve been at me for a little while and I’m about to go visit them in a little bit so it’s gonna be fun.”

Chatfield says LSU is coming after him harder than any other school, and are among his tightest relationships on the recruiting trail.

“The LSU coach,” Chatfield said. “He is the DB coach. I think he is the recruiter for me down here, Coach Raymond. I have a great relationship with him, also Ohio State’s coach Zach Smith, and the Alabama coaches.”

As for Miami, Chatfield visited on junior day two weeks ago, and continued to develop a relationship with his former high school coach Mike Rumph.

“It was cool just to see my former head coach, Coach Rumph,” Chatfield said. “It was just really cool. They have a nice vibe and talking to the coaches was great, it feels like they got it figured out over there.”

And while on the visit Miami’s coaches pitched Chatfield on the idea of bringing the ‘Canes back.

“They were just telling me how the program is,” Chatfield said. “And how they were ruling and how the program is coming back. I’m just proud of that, just to see my home [school] coming up like that.”

Chatfield’s teammate on the defensive line, Nesta Silvera, is currently committed to Miami and is recruiting Chatfield himself.

“He’s telling me everything,” Chatfield said. “He’s always telling me about the U, 305, so we’ll see.”

Chatfield does not currently field an offer from Miami, but is hoping to get one soon.

“I’m hoping,” Chatfield said. “But we’re gonna see what happens. I really don’t know [if it’s coming], but if it comes I’ll be blessed that it comes.”

Chatfield says he will name a top 3 in the summer, but said a Miami offer would be signifiant.

“That would be huge,” Chatfield said. “Growing up in the backfield I always see, always watched them play on the TV and stuff and I was like, why not play for your home? Why not bring the 305 back?”

Advertisement
“That would be huge,” Chatfield said. “Growing up in the backfield I always see, always watched them play on the TV and stuff and I was like, why not play for your home? Why not bring the 305 back?”

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I hope we change our approach on this kid. It's inevitable some amazing players will get passed on when you are recruiting well but this kid is a 100% take for me.

Advertisement
Hope he comes to Paradise Camp. Maybe Kool needs to see more of him. Remember we didnt offer Bandy until his Spring game IIRC. So if we are going to offer, im sure it will be before the Fall or it could be too late after that. Esp if LSU is hot on this kids trail.

Not a Kool type of kid.

Sorry.

If there is one coach you trust for evaluations, it's Kool.

Chatfields upside is Trent Harris.

His downside is Mike Smith.

6'2" 215 kids that can't run under 5 flat won't be recruited to play DE on this team. Sorry, just not happening.

Nice stats from the kid but what do you expect playing next to a monster like Nesta Silvera who attracts a double team every play.

Kool wants 6'5" frames that run 4.75.

Jon Garvin
Deonte Johnson
Joe Jackson

Stop with the Chatfield nonsense.

I see 1-2 DE's in this class. Focus on Greg Rousseau and James Head.

Advertisement
Offer him now and This feel like Bandy recruitment all over again

I really like this kid but Foil is right, he does not fit the mold of what Kool recruits. It's just the honest to God truth.

Chatfields upside is Trent Harris.

His downside is Mike Smith.

6'2" 215 kids that can't run under 5 flat won't be recruited to play DE on this team. Sorry, just not happening.

Nice stats from the kid but what do you expect playing next to a monster like Nesta Silvera who attracts a double team every play.

Kool wants 6'5" frames that run 4.75.

Jon Garvin
Deonte Johnson
Joe Jackson

Stop with the Chatfield nonsense.

I see 1-2 DE's in this class. Focus on Greg Rousseau and James Head. I think Rousseau is the guy.

I agree with Foil on this one. We're going to have our pick of the litter with DL there's no reason to throw early offers out on kids who don't fit the template.

Please do not compare the Bandy situation to this.

First, Bandy is not undersized and his mensurables are off the charts.

Second, our coaching staff was hired in January of 2016 and we offered Bandy in May of 2016. Our staff started on 2017 kids in March of 2016.

He was committed to Oklahoma and Golden never recruited the kid.

Our VERY NEW coaching staff had simply not had a chance to evaluate Bandy. We offered him about as quickly as you can.

Our coaches have scouted and evaluated Chatfield for over a year. He is either very low on our board or we simply do not want him. Move on.

Advertisement

Where these Chatfield's measurements and time from last week's Miami Opening regional?

Advertisement
No way Trent Harris is his ceiling lol! U had a good argument, no need to reach.

From his interview U can tell he is getting the cold shoulder and is down about it.

I know how he could get his offer tho. Ask Coach Kool for a private workout in front of Richt, and request that they allow him to face the entire Canes o-line individually in the best of five 1 vs 1 drills like we see at these camps, but with full pads on instead. If he wins or their impressed, then he gets his offer period lol.

You'd think Canes fans would be over coach worship by now due to bad experience. No coach is infallible or above critique.

Thanks for the brainless drivel Tubby.

What happens after Corey Gaynor eats his eyeballs during this private workout?

Lol.

No way Trent Harris is his ceiling lol! U had a good argument, no need to reach.

From his interview U can tell he is getting the cold shoulder and is down about it.

I know how he could get his offer tho. Ask Coach Kool for a private workout in front of Richt, and request that they allow him to face the entire Canes o-line individually in the best of five 1 vs 1 drills like we see at these camps, but with full pads on instead. If he wins or their impressed, then he gets his offer period lol.

You'd think Canes fans would be over coach worship by now due to bad experience. No coach is infallible or above critique.

Nothing, because it won't happen. I meant to say the entire Canes starting o-line, so Gaynor wouldn't be included.

Foil, U have about 6 hours left to meet your mentioning of Randy Shannon quota for the day lol!

Chatfield is definatley a take for Radio.

Reminds him of a mix between Glen Cook, Delmar Taylor, David Perry and Shayon Green.

Goodnight dumbfvck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back