An honest question-does anyone still support Coach Golden?

I would support Galen Hall if he were the coach. Or Lou Holtz. Or Mark May. Or Doug ****ey. Or Bobby ****ing Bowden. Or Rokulika. I'm a Miami Hurricane fan, not an Al Golden fan. I hope we win every future game. That doesn't mean I have any confidence, or that I'm satisfied with the job someone is doing, or I don't think they should be fired.

nah **** that. i want golden gone. if we went 10-2 id still want his *** gone. i hate him w a passion. him and frito lays can go back to wawa in philly and make my boy his **** turkey sammich

Advertisement
I frankly think he would be a good fit but for his lethal relationship with Dnofrio. His loyalty will sink him. He needed to pull the trigger on his BFF after the bowl game travesty. He didn't and here we are.

He is more worried about saving his brother in laws coaching career than winning games for his players and the university. He lost me last year after the VT game. Doritos will be the down fall of his coaching career. What school would hire these two snake oil salesmen ever again.

Only the mentally crippled would still support Albortion. You'd have to have an IQ of 73 or less to still think that pig faced check thief id's a viable HC at UM.
you aint safe my *****

you going down right with the Godlen ship

lmao @ you trying to act like you werent just supporting him hardcore

Advertisement
IF Golden could win out, and not just win the Costal, but go 10-2 and at least be competitive in the ACCCG...I'd still want his fat *** out of here! It's getting to the point where I just don't like him.

He's smug with the media. He continually throws his players under the bus. He preaches accountability, then does the same thing again. His love affair with Dino is bordering on homoeroticism. And most damaging to me...this team has no identity. Just a sh*t bath of bad defense and a few big plays. No rhyme or reason.

Winning alone will not quell my disdain for Golden Flake. Wait, what was OP question?

This to me is the most frustrating thing...we have no MO. And it appears the coaches dont know what they stand for either. As a supporter it is hard to watch a team with no idea what they are about. Every good team has an aspect of their game where they say "this is what we are about and to beat us you are going to have be able to stop it".

I want Golden to succeed, I think he is a good guy, well respected by the players and is a great mentor to a lot of young men (which is important in all levels of athletics). Unfortunately these traits dont necessarily win you many games. Sorry Golden but it looks like another nice guy is going to finish last

Some of the internet tough guys will surely kill this post but- Every coach in every sport at every level to borrow one from Herm Edwards plays to win the game, if you believe any different 999-1000 times you're wrong. With that said Golden and co. though we all wish the results were consistently better, are doing their best (whatever that may be) to win every game we play. He is the head coach for The University of Miami Hurricanes, and even if this never turns around and he/others get the boot, to answer the question I'm still going to support him and whoever serves that role for my team.

Thank you for the post. I agree!

Some of the internet tough guys will surely kill this post but- Every coach in every sport at every level to borrow one from Herm Edwards plays to win the game, if you believe any different 999-1000 times you're wrong. With that said Golden and co. though we all wish the results were consistently better, are doing their best (whatever that may be) to win every game we play. He is the head coach for The University of Miami Hurricanes, and even if this never turns around and he/others get the boot, to answer the question I'm still going to support him and whoever serves that role for my team.

Then both of you don't care about your team . Supporting the man killing our program is insane

Advertisement
I am a lifelong Cane fan but not one that has ever lived in Miami ...but I think there are a lot more of us than you locals think. I am pretty frustrated with the results I've seen on the field but one thing I've always learned is that if you see a problem and want to comment you GOTTA provide some sort of tangible solution...so please throw out some realistic names of who you all think should replace him. And dont just say Nick Saban or some crap like that....realistic names...that will go a long way toward turning your "empty *****ing" into something people might be more willing to get onboard with.

He spent his first few years with an absolute horse**** roster and was constantly criticized for "missing on amazing local talent" and I think overall he has made big strides there. On that front, with the "cloud" overhead, I give him a good grade. That said, I'd support getting rid of Al Golden at this point because it just may be time. I think a lot of these local recruits would be coming here regardless of Al Golden so I don't think anything gets lost there either. I am not tuned into local FLA HS football so I don't know if you all think there are potential coaches there...are there? I know a lot of former Canes are running high level HS programs...should any of them be considered?

9-3 and a bowl win, and some sort of addition to the defensive staff, and i'm still on board... my expectation for this season was 8-4 9-3, do i like how we've lost thus far? no.. but i'm not going to go nuts because what i expected to happen is happening.. That said, i'm tired of us playing soft.

I expect us to go 0-12. Therefore, no problem when we go 0-12. People like you dont get to jump off the golden train. You get to follow it to don bosco.

****** logic. Albortion has set the bar so low that I can't be upset when he keeps losing. Laughable isn't it?

I hate this staff more and more each day. If you haven't yet done so, listen to the Sean Salisbury interview from earlier this week, he sounds like he posts on this board. I know that I am completely irrational and this team is way too important to me, I look forward to football season all year long and my dumbass buys into all of the fall practice video hype and then the ball is kicked off and you realize we still suck and we are still totally irrelevant in the college football world. I am ******* sick of it

Anyone who hasn't accepted that Golden isn't the guy has no shot at life.

Advertisement
Or they have a family, hobbies,travel friends,golf scuba,surfing that are far more important than Cane football. How sad that 18 year old kids and a game can make you boys **** your pants.

Or they have a family, hobbies,travel friends,golf scuba,surfing that are far more important than Cane football. How sad that 18 year old kids and a game can make you boys **** your pants.

scuba diving is more important to you than Canes football?

Golden has some qualities that would make him a solid coach at a different school. As some have said, he's loyal, he can recruit, he seems to care about the kids.

Unfortunately this isn't the school. This area and school have athletes that grow up playing in your face football. It's not assigment, patty cake, soft football. It's line up and beat the guy accross from you and let him know about it after. His style is simply not suited for Miami. He's weak and soft. He coaches like he's scared to lose, and that's the antithesis of how Miami has always played. It's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Advertisement
9-3 and a bowl win, and some sort of addition to the defensive staff, and i'm still on board... my expectation for this season was 8-4 9-3, do i like how we've lost thus far? no.. but i'm not going to go nuts because what i expected to happen is happening.. That said, i'm tired of us playing soft.

I expect us to go 0-12. Therefore, no problem when we go 0-12. People like you dont get to jump off the golden train. You get to follow it to don bosco.

Don Bosco not interested, there is a job opening in a shopping center in Hialeah.

Congratulations on being mentally retarded

My thoughts exactly.. It's been 3+ years with this Defense, and I held out hope that it would work.. Well, it doesn't Work.. For whatever reason it's not working.. What's the old saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it", well this Defense is broken and needs fixing.. A good coach adapts to the situation in front of him, Golden refuses to do it..

Perryman & Chickallo have apparently bought into the system but and I quote (“It’s not coach, man. I ain’t going to lie. I try to ignore the outside noise, but when I hear stuff like that it bothers me a lot. It’s not coach, you know. Coach D’Onofrio does a great job putting us in the best [positions] and the best situations where we need to be. It’s just up to us to execute. We had a lot of freelancing going on") these kids are not disciplined enough to play this D..

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article2220714.html#storylink=cpy

For me it was last weekend's game against Nebraska. That was the game that turned me on golden and this coaching staff. I was still holding on to some level of belief in coach Golden until that debacle. It was clear to me that Miami was the more talented team and only lost that game because of our defensive scheme. When Goldenm made the comments he did after that game, it marked the very moment when I could no longer support him. A change should be made mid-season IMO.

Advertisement
Back