An honest question-does anyone still support Coach Golden?

9-3 and a bowl win, and some sort of addition to the defensive staff, and i'm still on board... my expectation for this season was 8-4 9-3, do i like how we've lost thus far? no.. but i'm not going to go nuts because what i expected to happen is happening.. That said, i'm tired of us playing soft.
Jesus, just keep your dumb assery to yourself. You're god Al Golden is a failure. **** him and **** you.

Advertisement
Some of the internet tough guys will surely kill this post but- Every coach in every sport at every level to borrow one from Herm Edwards plays to win the game, if you believe any different 999-1000 times you're wrong. With that said Golden and co. though we all wish the results were consistently better, are doing their best (whatever that may be) to win every game we play. He is the head coach for The University of Miami Hurricanes, and even if this never turns around and he/others get the boot, to answer the question I'm still going to support him and whoever serves that role for my team.

Lulz @ Goden doing his best to win.

Also, there isn't any rule that says you have to blindly support the corch(es) to support the team.

It's OK to want a new staff and still support the team.

9-3 and a bowl win, and some sort of addition to the defensive staff, and i'm still on board... my expectation for this season was 8-4 9-3, do i like how we've lost thus far? no.. but i'm not going to go nuts because what i expected to happen is happening.. That said, i'm tired of us playing soft.

9 wins and a bowl game?

L u l z

It's OK to have higher expectations.

Higher expectations were once simply expectations back in the day........

For me it was last weekend's game against Nebraska. That was the game that turned me on golden and this coaching staff. I was still holding on to some level of belief in coach Golden until that debacle. It was clear to me that Miami was the more talented team and only lost that game because of our defensive scheme. When Goldenm made the comments he did after that game, it marked the very moment when I could no longer support him. A change should be made mid-season IMO.

For me I closed the door on him last year after the PSU fiasco. I left it open a lil for hope he would turn it around. And I have fully closed and bolt locked the door after the Nebraska game tweets and press conference. I dont think I have ever wanted a coach gone as much as I want Golden.

While I had blinded hope coming into this season....I was thru with this son of a ***** after he failed to fire his friend at the end of last year. That was the sign for me that he did not have the guts to make the tough decisions. **** him and his reach around buddy. the first week just reinforced my feelings about that dumb ****!

**** **** ****!!!!!!!! Gotdammit...now Im all worked up and wont get to sleep. **** you AL!!!!!!

Golden ain't doing his best to win. My ****kng ***.

He runs this crap defensive scheme that is causing legit talents money and not having them in position to be able to make plays.

And keeps his ********** boyfriend No D around to jerk him off about their days at PSU and how much they fondled Grohs nuts while they run out the worst defenses to grace this storied program.

**** them, I had enough.

Advertisement
Straight up I support my team but no longer falling for the b.s the coaches are feeding us. If we're stuck with them and they can't win with the rich talent coming in the next two years then it is clear they can't even teach a fish how to swim. They have the talent now and look at what's going on with our program. If 1 unit is clicking then the other is playing miserably. In small games you can get away with that but when you play the Louisville's and Nebraska's of the world there is little room for error. Against FSU there is NO room for error.

To those that still support golden. Why? What does golden do well? I am not a lynch mob kill golden guy, but is beyond time to go. List the reasons. I can only come up with one.

1. Genuinely seems to care about the kids. I have been watching football for almost 30 yrs and I have never seen a coach come out and do what he did with Malcolm Lewis. That was amazing.

Ok I am done. There is nothing else I can come up with. He is an avg to slightly above avg recruiter(2016 not withstanding although at this pace doubt they would stick). Horrible game day coach. Inflexible and stubborn. Fields defenses ranked over 100. Can't win in the worst major conference.

So can we not find other coaches who can do this. Why do we need golden? This is what is crazy about those still holding out hope. This reminds me of people who own stocks and refuse to sell a losing position. Makes no sense. Stock is a dog. Find a winner. You don't have to make your money back on the same stock. Same rules apply here. We don't have to hope golden won't go bankrupt and make our money back, when we can sell, then buy Tesla stock and become rich.

I speak for every single hurricane fan I know when I say that nobody wants this bum around this program any longer. This imbecile does not respect our traditions. he does not respect the past greatness of the Hurricanes.if he had any respect at all he would not line up in that passive candy *** prevent defense and allowed a team that he knew was going to run the ball exclusively to simply gash .us without a fight.It's time to take the garbage out

I'd like to see what he can do with a new defensive coordinator.

I think Al Golden has a lot of positive qualities, and some negative ones. I'm not like a lot of you emotional types who see everything as either "baby jesus" or "hot garbage." There's a lot of gray area.

On the good side.... He's good with the media, good with boosters. He treats the kids well, his kids behave, he's a good "general manager" if you will. He's a good recruiter, and he hires good coaches (Fisch and Coley) when they aren't his friends. He's also shown that he's very loyal, and I do appreciate that he stuck with us and led us through the NCAA crap.

On the bad side.... He refuses to fire anybody. His loyalty to D'Onofrio is getting him in to some real hot water. He's bull-headed and he doesn't change or adapt to anything ever. I also don't think he's a very good gameday coach.

Do I think we can win with Al Golden? Yes, but not if he's left to do whatever he wants. He will NEVER fire D'Onofrio, it's not his personality to adapt and change. Someone above him.... the AD, the president, the boosters.... someone like that is going to have to make the decision FOR him that D'Onofrio needs to go and that we're going a different direction on defense.

Honestly, I won't lose sleep either way. If we keep Golden, I'll be alright with that AS LONG AS we get a new DC who is better. Dorito has already proven that he's not going to work out, I don't think there's anything left there to discuss. If we go get another coach, then I'd be alright with that as well..... long as it's someone good, and not yet another cheap "up and comer."

If this university cheaps out on us yet another time, I'm going to be highly disappointed.

Advertisement

I think Al Golden has a lot of positive qualities, and some negative ones. I'm not like a lot of you emotional types who see everything as either "baby jesus" or "hot garbage." There's a lot of gray area.

On the good side.... He's good with the media, good with boosters. He treats the kids well, his kids behave, he's a good "general manager" if you will. He's a good recruiter, and he hires good coaches (Fisch and Coley) when they aren't his friends. He's also shown that he's very loyal, and I do appreciate that he stuck with us and led us through the NCAA crap.

On the bad side.... He refuses to fire anybody. His loyalty to D'Onofrio is getting him in to some real hot water. He's bull-headed and he doesn't change or adapt to anything ever. I also don't think he's a very good gameday coach.

Do I think we can win with Al Golden? Yes, but not if he's left to do whatever he wants. He will NEVER fire D'Onofrio, it's not his personality to adapt and change. Someone above him.... the AD, the president, the boosters.... someone like that is going to have to make the decision FOR him that D'Onofrio needs to go and that we're going a different direction on defense.

Honestly, I won't lose sleep either way. If we keep Golden, I'll be alright with that AS LONG AS we get a new DC who is better. Dorito has already proven that he's not going to work out, I don't think there's anything left there to discuss. If we go get another coach, then I'd be alright with that as well..... long as it's someone good, and not yet another cheap "up and comer."

If this university cheaps out on us yet another time, I'm going to be highly disappointed.

Aren't you a special little snowflake.

I'm the greatest, yes.

Two things, one the reason he stands behind Dorito isnt just because they are butt buddies, but also because ultimately Dorito is running his defense. It isnt as simple as get a new DC, he needs to admit that his speciality, his philosophy and scheme has failed. So getting a new DC isnt just that simple, because seeing the precedence here, Al is stubborn and he would just hire another guy that ran his scheme, if he ever in fact did fire Mr Slave. Second, the part that Golden's kids behave. Where have you been? Have you paid attention to how many kids have gotten kicked out of school the past 4 years? We just had two LBs drug and run a train on a chick........

Advertisement
Only the mentally crippled would still support Albortion. You'd have to have an IQ of 73 or less to still think that pig faced check thief id's a viable HC at UM.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Advertisement
If Golden has to be forced change from the higher ups he is not the right guy. Coaches like Saban or Meyer would fire their own dad and brother if it met better on field production. Golden doesn't have that killer instinct

Golden's perceived success was solely based on his ability to recruit. He succeeded at a low level school by stockpiling talent and out recruiting his league. He put athletes on the field that overmatched their opponents so greatly that the coaching staff literally couldn't **** it up.
Sadly that is not possible on the big stage. Believe me, we got the goods. The kids are here and talented enough to win nearly every game they play. The problem is Al can't coach and he never could. I hoped against hope that it was the players that were the issue and that Al's excuses were legitimate but, they aren't and we are all forced to admit the awful truth now.
Our coaches have bad schemes and poor gameday management to boot. We are likely in for a terribly long and painful season that may end in a total upheaval of the program that will likely set us back another two to three years, even if we make the right hire.

I support him wholeheartedly said no Cane that's seen that chicken abortion of a defense we field. He should be forced out just on GP. Throwing Kaaya and Duke under the bus to protect his buddy this past weekend was lower than his failed rendezvous with psu.

Doyle from Sling Blade (1996) conveys my sentiments. Just substitute defense every time he says band. Spot on.
Morris = Coach D
*** cat = Blake
Linda = Shalala

[video=youtube;0C6nvNlVx1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C6nvNlVx1A[/video]

Last edited:
GTFOH with the "he's our coach, therefore I support him" bull****. Give me a ******* break. Football is a results oriented activity. You produce ****** results? You get replaced. How many that think this way would be ok with a QB that every other time he throws the ball, throws an interception? After all, THAT'S our QB and therefore, we've GOTTA support him! GTFOH. Why is it we demand an upgrade in talent with players but when it's obvious our coaches SUCK ***, we can't demand better? How many fans would support "our" RB for 3 years if he fumbled the ball 10x a game?

Advertisement
Back