An honest question-does anyone still support Coach Golden?

TpaBayFlyFisher

World Class Angler
Premium
Not trolling here, but after reading all of the Cane boards, it seems that there is nearly 100% agreement that he needs to go. I was holding out hope, even after watching the Champs Bowl live, but he lost me after the Louisville game this season. So, if you still support Coach Golden speak up and tell us why we are wrong.

PS a rep for every honest answer

Last edited:
Advertisement
Last post of the evening...

He's gotta go.. Very nice guy and good coach, but way over his head with Miami and won't fire his friend. He was great at Temple and that was a good fit.. The administration is at fault here for hiring a guy who was unproven at this level to save a few bucks. I wish him well but he's gotta go.

Most fans I know and associate with have never even heard of these boards, in reality they're a very small sample size. Most are frustrated, but have a wait and see attitude.

Some of the internet tough guys will surely kill this post but- Every coach in every sport at every level to borrow one from Herm Edwards plays to win the game, if you believe any different 999-1000 times you're wrong. With that said Golden and co. though we all wish the results were consistently better, are doing their best (whatever that may be) to win every game we play. He is the head coach for The University of Miami Hurricanes, and even if this never turns around and he/others get the boot, to answer the question I'm still going to support him and whoever serves that role for my team.

Advertisement
IF Golden could win out, and not just win the Costal, but go 10-2 and at least be competitive in the ACCCG...I'd still want his fat *** out of here! It's getting to the point where I just don't like him.

He's smug with the media. He continually throws his players under the bus. He preaches accountability, then does the same thing again. His love affair with Dino is bordering on homoeroticism. And most damaging to me...this team has no identity. Just a sh*t bath of bad defense and a few big plays. No rhyme or reason.

Winning alone will not quell my disdain for Golden Flake. Wait, what was OP question?

I would support Galen Hall if he were the coach. Or Lou Holtz. Or Mark May. Or Doug ****ey. Or Bobby ******* Bowden. Or Rokulika. I'm a Miami Hurricane fan, not an Al Golden fan. I hope we win every future game. That doesn't mean I have any confidence, or that I'm satisfied with the job someone is doing, or I don't think they should be fired.

Alot of them support him. He jaded them with his spin. And alot of fans are not in tuned with the scheme and the roster and all that. That's why the media is important, that's how most of these fans find out most info about the team.

Advertisement
For me it was last weekend's game against Nebraska. That was the game that turned me on golden and this coaching staff. I was still holding on to some level of belief in coach Golden until that debacle. It was clear to me that Miami was the more talented team and only lost that game because of our defensive scheme. When Goldenm made the comments he did after that game, it marked the very moment when I could no longer support him. A change should be made mid-season IMO.

Advertisement
For me it was last weekend's game against Nebraska. That was the game that turned me on golden and this coaching staff. I was still holding on to some level of belief in coach Golden until that debacle. It was clear to me that Miami was the more talented team and only lost that game because of our defensive scheme. When Goldenm made the comments he did after that game, it marked the very moment when I could no longer support him. A change should be made mid-season IMO.
Same.

For me I closed the door on him last year after the PSU fiasco. I left it open a lil for hope he would turn it around. And I have fully closed and bolt locked the door after the Nebraska game tweets and press conference. I dont think I have ever wanted a coach gone as much as I want Golden.

9-3 and a bowl win, and some sort of addition to the defensive staff, and i'm still on board... my expectation for this season was 8-4 9-3, do i like how we've lost thus far? no.. but i'm not going to go nuts because what i expected to happen is happening.. That said, i'm tired of us playing soft.

Advertisement
9-3 and a bowl win, and some sort of addition to the defensive staff, and i'm still on board... my expectation for this season was 8-4 9-3, do i like how we've lost thus far? no.. but i'm not going to go nuts because what i expected to happen is happening.. That said, i'm tired of us playing soft.

I expect us to go 0-12. Therefore, no problem when we go 0-12. People like you dont get to jump off the golden train. You get to follow it to don bosco.

I expect us to go 0-12. Therefore, no problem when we go 0-12. People like you dont get to jump off the golden train. You get to follow it to don bosco.

More brilliant reasoning.

"Well, Golden's been so bad that I expect 8-4 or 9-3, therefore, when he meets my horrific standards he's forced me to set, how can I be mad? lololol"

Hey, LRG, **** you.

Last edited by a moderator:

9 wins and a bowl game?

L u l z

It's OK to have higher expectations.

Advertisement
Back