An actual fairly intelligent and sensible article.

Advertisement
Gotta love posters with no objectivity or discernment skills.

Can’t blame Manny just yet.... can we at least hold him to his stated goals to start the season?

Everyone has to own 7-6: Fail might have a worst record.

Protect home field: failed

Spread a winning mentality and culture fail

Post a better defense fail

Improve special teams fail

Improve offense fail

Run a cutting edge offense...yeah we are cutting edge of the worst offense in the country

The problem is that ppl want to use thing like “objective” to mask them wanting to make excuses. And if you don’t buy them you aren’t being “objective”.

Manny had one of the most talented rosters in the country.

Take your pick of 4* and 5* QBs
take your pick in 4* and 5* RBs, WRs and TEs
4* lineman they can’t coach up and are now Apparently “bums”.

Manny has no resume and no track record.

Blake James should be fired for ever giving this guy a chance. Go show what u can do and then we’ll buy you out if we need you. Instead we got a guy whose Corched the most embrassing season ever.

This is worst than Al Golden and that is incredible

True....but that's why you implement game plans to gain a strategic advantage over your opponent. When said game plan does not appear to be working coaches must be able to adjust on the fly and implement contingencies to overcome those obstacles. If coaches will not do that they will get OUT-COACHED.

Our coaches are not very good at all when it comes to this.
33 pressures..9 sacks..adjustment against man1 d and cover 0 is to make plays..there’s no contingency for 9 sack and 33 pressures. That wrecks what ever gameplan or counters you have

Advertisement
Isn't Harrell the guy Diaz supposedly wanted before Enos came calling? If he is going to make a move for a new OC now is the time. Helton gone and his assistants soon to follow.

Yes

/ I have no idea

It’s a crazy article, imo. It’s central assumption is that the head coach isn’t accountable for anything.

?

Didn't it say he goofed hiring Enos? He's certainly accountable for assembling his assistants.

33 pressures..9 sacks..adjustment against man1 d and cover 0 is to make plays..there’s no contingency for 9 sack and 33 pressures. That wrecks what ever gameplan or counters you have
The loss to FIU was just as much on the defense as it was on the offense. The problem with that article is that it hammers home the point that the offense was bad and that's all ENOS fault, without the author realizing that Enos could only do what he was ALLOWED to do. Yes, he ran a crappy offense. Manny watched that **** weekly just like we did. If he didn't intervene and have a "come to Jesus" talk with Enos...THATS ON HIM. He allowed it to happen. He should have shut that **** down and demanded Enos make some chsnges.

Also...there were games that the defense lost for us. Our offense did enough to win the game, but the defense rolled over at the most inopportune moments: UNC, Va Tech, FIU, GaTech and Duke for examples. I will give our defense credit for winning us the Pitt and UVA games...but if we trying to be objective...let's keep it 100. The defense sucked at critical points in the season that cost us games. That's not on Enos. That's on Manny and his boy!

Advertisement
The article makes no sense. It says we cant blame manny diaz, then says he made bad coaching hires. Well who do we blame for manny's bad coaching hires???? Obviously manny can do no wrong to the writer.

Winning a bowel game is the absolute least of Manny's issues. He's getting fired next year so they might as well do it this year.
I agree. A bowl win is meaningless and will just further prove that he cannot get any consistency out of his team.

?

Didn't it say he goofed hiring Enos? He's certainly accountable for assembling his assistants.
Goofed? Really?

The premise of the article is there is nothing Manny is actually to blame for. And no evidence that he might actually just suck at this. Just ‘oopsie’ mistakes, mulligans, blah blah blah. It’s not a serious effort to scrutinize at all.

Advertisement
That goes to the culture and exactly where we are as a program at this point. You think a valid argument or expectation is a 7-6 football team who loses its best players, loses a veteran oline who played subpar then replaces it with a young oline and a 1st year RS fresh Qb to turn it around ball of a sudden?..replacing talent comes with building a culture
I think it's relative. Would you switch rosters with any of the teams that beat Miami? Last year was an under performing team that went 7-6 with the #43 ranked strength of schedule. This years team went 6-6 with the 59th SOS. I know you've seen the 'lost 4 games when double digit favorites' and all that... Miami lost to GT and FIU... FIU man. Forcing players to dance on the sideline while down to inferior teams doesn't fix a broken culture. You fix a broken culture with accountability and it's obvious there's none on diaz's watch. Only the fools thought Miami would be in the play offs or whatever. No way Miami was getting past Clemson. Yes, reasonable people expected a turn around.. show improvement over the god awful offense that led to Richt leaving. Not only did that not happen, but pretty much everything other than Hedley regressed(and even he regressed in the last game). I know what I'd do if I were Manny's boss. I'd fire him because it's obvious he doesn't know how to fix the problems at Miami right now. It's not like he walked into a program he knew nothing about.

Goofed? Really?

The premise of the article is there is nothing Manny is actually to blame for. And no evidence that he might actually just suck at this. Just ‘oopsie’ mistakes, mulligans, blah blah blah. It’s not a serious effort to scrutinize at all.

I read it differently. If Manny made a mistake in his hires he’s accountable for that. Pretty obvious to me that it wasn’t giving him a pass. He needs to make changes to the offense.

I think it's relative. Would you switch rosters with any of the teams that beat Miami? Last year was an under performing team that went 7-6 with the #43 ranked strength of schedule. This years team went 6-6 with the 59th SOS. I know you've seen the 'lost 4 games when double digit favorites' and all that... Miami lost to GT and FIU... FIU man. Forcing players to dance on the sideline while down to inferior teams doesn't fix a broken culture. You fix a broken culture with accountability and it's obvious there's none on diaz's watch. Only the fools thought Miami would be in the play offs or whatever. No way Miami was getting past Clemson. Yes, reasonable people expected a turn around.. show improvement over the god awful offense that led to Richt leaving. Not only did that not happen, but pretty much everything other than Hedley regressed(and even he regressed in the last game). I know what I'd do if I were Manny's boss. I'd fire him because it's obvious he doesn't know how to fix the problems at Miami right now. It's not like he walked into a program he knew nothing about.
in some instances, yes. I believe we annually overrate our talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back