An actual fairly intelligent and sensible article.

What have you seen from him that makes you believe he’s the right guy for the job? You’re saying it’s too early - what are you basing your opinion on? The evidence to the contrary is overwhelming
A quote from the article:
"This is one of our worst seasons in program history, but it could be worse. With this season, and before any more decommits, we are a top 15 recruiting class. That is amazing and should show potential for this program. Coach Manny Diaz is not the problem. He simply made hires that a rookie Head Coach can sometimes make. He fell for the hype with Dan Enos, and rightfully so... as every single fan did. Why wouldn't you want the QB coach at Alabama when they had Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts. That was such a great hire at the time. "

Manny doesn't call the plays. He made bad hires. Hopefully he can man up and do what he did with the offensive coaches last year.

Advertisement
I'm not saying he is or isn't. It's still too early. I posted this because I agreed with how the article dissected the problems without bias and laid blame and praise where it was deserved. I thought people would look at it objectively. Instead I got insulted.
When the author said: "I believe in Coach Manny Diaz and ALWAYS WILL" he put his bias in favor of Manny on full display. I respectfully disagree with your assertion that this article was unbiased.

Everyone needs time.

Like...why is it that my dumb jabroni self knows that this guy ain't the gyy, but people making a lot more money than I, can not?

I could have made better head coaching hires than these bozos and what in the fvck do I know?

I'd love to have a crystal ball and see what our staff looks like for next season. If he's waiting to make a move, it sure is annoying.

Advertisement
i never think this is a valid argument. It could be said for every team every year. .This is college football, of course you are going to lose a lot of your best players every year. We can say this same argument after next year when we lose DJ and maybe garvin and some good seniors..and then the next year, oh no, we just couldn't compete because we lost some of our best players.
That goes to the culture and exactly where we are as a program at this point. You think a valid argument or expectation is a 7-6 football team who loses its best players, loses a veteran oline who played subpar then replaces it with a young oline and a 1st year RS fresh Qb to turn it around ball of a sudden?..replacing talent comes with building a culture

I'm not saying he is or isn't. It's still too early. I posted this because I agreed with how the article dissected the problems without bias and laid blame and praise where it was deserved. I thought people would look at it objectively. Instead I got insulted.
You had to know this cesspool of a forum would bang on you for posting this article. You might as well forget having any conversation that doesn´t end in fire everyone.

It always falls on the HC..I agree he should be given year 2. But manny can’t keep spinning his wheels. A bowl win is a must

A bowl win! Dude, it's possible the players have CHECKED OUT for the season. Enter last season's bowl game. Miami was .500 and had two games remaining on the schedule and did enough to make a bowl. But that was all, because they was MOLESTED again, in another FOURTH-RATE bowl.

Also, there's all those injuries to KEY players. Will they be back by the time of the bowl game. Remember Duke yesterday and two crucial injuries on the offensive line. And who knows about Jordon. And what about Davis?

Again, will the seniors and juniors bring the team together for a bowl win. No matter what SUB-PAR bowl it is or the site of the bowl.

That goes to the culture and exactly where we are as a program at this point. You think a valid argument or expectation is a 7-6 football team who loses its best players, loses a veteran oline who played subpar then replaces it with a young oline and a 1st year RS fresh Qb to turn it around ball of a sudden?..replacing talent comes with building a culture
Rpelacing talent does come with building a culture, but lack of talent is NOT why we lost to FIU, Ga Tech and Duke. We " out-talent" them by a wide margin. But they clearly "out-coached" us!

Advertisement
no..what i am saying is no matter what team, no matter how bad a culture,. no matter which key parts of your team you need to replace, you are NOT ALONE. this is the sport, i have always just thought it is a stupid talking point is all.

And **** all you ignorant beer bellied, "cane fan" mother****ers that do nothing but insult people and stir up discontent on these boards. I guess you have nothing better to do than spew your inbred hatred of anyone that doesn't agree with your pristine way of thinking.

Thank U Missy! Can I have another death ray of insults.:p

Advertisement
Being "rational" doesn't make someone smarter or a better fan.

Just ******* stupid when facts and history go against your argument.

Obviously, you can't fire a coach after 1 year. It would be a significant negative trying to replace the coach & staff.

Blake James, however needs to be under significant pressure.

Advertisement
I do not believe in Manny Diaz and will not unless he fires Enos, Barry, and Stubblefield. The new OC needs to run legitimate variant of the spread offense.

If we had won against FIU and Duke, I would have given Manny a pass on GT, VT and Central Michigan. He got destroyed by FIU and lost to Duke. I didn’t think it was possible to regress from the UF and UNC game, but Manny did exactly that. The recruiting class is the only thing I care about now. After next season, he must go. Hopefully he’s fired early and there’s a plan to hire someone that’s capable of closing on a solid recruiting class and winning again.

Advertisement
Back