An actual fairly intelligent and sensible article.

Advertisement
Read the article. Not a terrible one. I agree Enos needs to go and it’s an interesting thought on Diaz just waiting to see where the successor can be found.

However at this juncture, Diaz has done nothing whatsoever to inspire me that change on the football field or in the locker room is bound to occur, at his behest or naturally, which along the thought line means we need to cut ties now (though the anxious side of me wonders if that move could cause a more expedient fall, if at all possible).

Consciously, I still sit with the notion that a politician is not my head corch and I’d prefer to ride or die with a football guy.

More of the things I think I think.

And **** all you ignorant beer bellied, "cane fan" mother****ers that do nothing but insult people and stir up discontent on these boards. I guess you have nothing better to do than spew your inbred hatred of anyone that doesn't agree with your pristine way of thinking.
What about us ignorant beer bellied, "cane fan" mother****ers that do more than just insult?

Basically, the author says what most of us here have said. The only change we can expect is replace Enos.

no..what i am saying is no matter what team, no matter how bad a culture,. no matter which key parts of your team you need to replace, you are NOT ALONE. this is the sport, i have always just thought it is a stupid talking point is all.
The only reason I used it is because the team was 7-6 before lol..we were fooled. Manny would’ve been better off saying it was a rebuild from the jump..but that doesn’t sell in recruiting or to the fans..but all signs pointed to this type of season one way or the other. It’s a inconsistent football team..

Rpelacing talent does come with building a culture, but lack of talent is NOT why we lost to FIU, Ga Tech and Duke. We " out-talent" them by a wide margin. But they clearly "out-coached" us!
FIU, ga tech, and Duke didn’t strictly out coach us when u look at the X’s and O’s and break it down..FIU and Duke ran man 1 and cover 0..the most basic coverages u can run Clearly!..

Advertisement
FIU, ga tech, and Duke didn’t strictly out coach us when u look at the X’s and O’s and break it down..FIU and Duke ran man 1 and cover 0..the most basic coverages u can run Clearly!..
We didn't exploit FiU's weak run defense. That's on COACHING. Their defense sat on our slant routes all night. They were always 2 steps ahead of us. Butch impled that he knew what plays we were going to run by watching our tape. He prepared his guys accordingly. That's called OUT COACHING your opponent. CLEARLY!!! If you dont think we were out-coached in that game....then tell me how the **** did we end up losing to them???
I'll wait....

A quote from the article:
"This is one of our worst seasons in program history, but it could be worse. With this season, and before any more decommits, we are a top 15 recruiting class. That is amazing and should show potential for this program. Coach Manny Diaz is not the problem. He simply made hires that a rookie Head Coach can sometimes make. He fell for the hype with Dan Enos, and rightfully so... as every single fan did. Why wouldn't you want the QB coach at Alabama when they had Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts. That was such a great hire at the time. "

Manny doesn't call the plays. He made bad hires. Hopefully he can man up and do what he did with the offensive coaches last year.

Look at his other hires and tell me you feel confident in his ability to fix it

We didn't exploit FiU's weak run defense. That's on COACHING. Their defense sat on our slant routes all night. They were always 2 steps ahead of us. Butch impled that he knew what plays we were going to run by watching our tape. He prepared his guys accordingly. That's called OUT COACHING your opponent. CLEARLY!!! If you dont think we were out-coached in that game....then tell me how the **** did we end up losing to them???
I'll wait....
"Butch implied that he knew what plays we were going to run by watching our tape. "
I think it was a UVA coach that said they figured us out after the first series.

I'll wait....
Could we take advantage of FIUs weak D? Answer is clearly no..you saw what happened in the RZ when we ran?..so no

Advertisement
"Butch implied that he knew what plays we were going to run by watching our tape. "
I think it was a UVA coach that said they figured us out after the first series.
I know Bud Foster said that after Va Tech.
I believe Butch made a similar comment. I could be wrong about that 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Could we take advantage of FIUs weak D? Answer is clearly no..you saw what happened in the RZ when we ran?..so no
Right...but why couldn't we take advantage of it? That's the million dollar question. If they have one of the worst run defenses I. The country, why couldn't we exploit that? Isnour talent worse than all of the other team's that gashed them?

Advertisement
Isn't Harrell the guy Diaz supposedly wanted before Enos came calling? If he is going to make a move for a new OC now is the time. Helton gone and his assistants soon to follow.

Isn’t the the case for everybody..y’all think teams running a new set of plays every week?
True....but that's why you implement game plans to gain a strategic advantage over your opponent. When said game plan does not appear to be working coaches must be able to adjust on the fly and implement contingencies to overcome those obstacles. If coaches will not do that they will get OUT-COACHED.

Our coaches are not very good at all when it comes to this.

The article was objective and needed, especially the phrase that practically captures what we need: "WE NEED MANNY DIAZ TO CALL PLAYS ON DEFENSE AND HAVE A SPREAD OFFENSE[.]"

Advertisement
Back