Amnesia? We were 7-6 in 2018....this is a rebuilding year...

I disagree about this being a rebuild.

The consensus last year was that we had an elite defense and that if we just had a competent offense we win 3 more games. Manny brought in his disciple to run the D so it should've just kept rolling along as it has previous years under Manny.

Diaz brought in a number of immediate impact transfers to fill holes and play now to win now.

He supposedly brought in this QB whispering, multiple-offense-running, hot shot from Bama to fix the offense.

Well, the D is still solid, but not as elite as it has been. Enos has been a complete and utter failure. But none of that changes the expectations that Manny created for himself. Coming into the season this wasn't a complete rebuild. We've just underperformed and lost to **** teams we weren't supposed to.

Advertisement
I’m not sure about a rebuild but the people expecting Manny to completely change the culture and mindset of this team in less than a year weren’t being realistic.

I’m willing to give him some time. I would like to see sustained improvement by the offense though or I might have to rethink the Enos hire this offseason if I was him but I think the D Is going to get back to normal. Losing 3 NFL players in the secondary hurt us more than some anticipated but we’re coming around.

This team is not a rebuild. In hindsight UNC was a tougher game than we thought it would be but they aren't a terrible team.

But the performance against CMU and even worse, against VT, were totally unacceptable. The team looked disinterested and was going through the motions. Friday night is the first time I've watched them from the stands and seen them fired up from play one, and it showed on the field.

That being said, I HATE the whole 15 years of sucking talk. This is a new regime and shouldn't be **** all over because of someone's long term frustrations. They've been uneven for the first half of Manny's time here. Lights out at times in all aspects of the game, abysmal at others.

Ready to see how the second half of the season plays out.

I’m not sure about a rebuild but the people expecting Manny to completely change the culture and mindset of this team in less than a year weren’t being realistic.

Wasn't Manny the DC here last year? Was the attitude, culture and mindset of that side of the ball that bad?

Advertisement
Now factor in our strength of schedule (or lack thereof) this season too and your argument is even more fortified.

Pre - Season:

Now:

So as you can see from the pre-season, no one thought we would be a disappointment. To further that, look at this report:

So there’s no way anyone w a logical and honest heart can give the excuse that we’re in a rebuild year, when no one had us rebuilding!

I disagree about this being a rebuild.

The consensus last year was that we had an elite defense and that if we just had a competent offense we win 3 more games. Manny brought in his disciple to run the D so it should've just kept rolling along as it has previous years under Manny.

Diaz brought in a number of immediate impact transfers to fill holes and play now to win now.

He supposedly brought in this QB whispering, multiple-offense-running, hot shot from Bama to fix the offense.

Well, the D is still solid, but not as elite as it has been. Enos has been a complete and utter failure. But none of that changes the expectations that Manny created for himself. Coming into the season this wasn't a complete rebuild. We've just underperformed and lost to **** teams we weren't supposed to.

Sonic BOOM!

I’m willing to give him some time. I would like to see sustained improvement by the offense though or I might have to rethink the Enos hire this offseason if I was him but I think the D Is going to get back to normal. Losing 3 NFL players in the secondary hurt us more than some anticipated but we’re coming around.
Disagree with this. Manny has pooped the bed with a lot this year, but one thing that has changed for the better is the heart. This team doesn’t quit. Past teams under golden and Richt would fold when **** when wrong. I actually think the culture is there, our X and O and player development is what is suspect.

However, the culture won’t hold up for long if we keep losing games that we should win

Advertisement
In this age of ADD and premature ejaculator fans who thinks that real life football development is like switching out players on their fantasy league football teams....they seem to think you just plug in new players and coaches and you are winning conferences and championships the next year....

We were 7-6 last year with no discernible high quality QB with experience and no signs of real coaching EXCEPT on Defense and Diaz....

So the team took in upgrades with Enos and some portal transfers....

Diaz’s #TNM was about getting the current and recruited players EXCITED about coming to UM to help BRING US BACK....

“Bringing us back” means climbing the hill from our current SUCK POSITION.... which means there are going to be growing and learning pains...

Such as losing (closely) to #7 UF and UNC. And blowing “easy games” like VT—- See UGA/SCar as an example of “any given Saturday”....

You pimply-faced, gamer, fantasy league, jack-off addicts have zero comprehension of all the work it takes to get a team of 85 players to perform at the top 1% in order to get close to the CFBCG....

There are over 1,088,000 HS football players each year on average...

Only 2.8% of 28,000 get into Div IA football

Only about 1,300 players make it into the final 16 teams of CFB playoffs....around 1% of all recruited HS athletes...

Do you haters and “why haven’t we won the CFBCG” complainers understand how hard that is to do?

As i’ve Been saying:

1) We are in rebuilding mode (again! For the 18th year and 4th coach)

2) Improvement each day and each game is what we need to be looking at for 2019
Completely agree with this post!

In this age of ADD and premature ejaculator fans who thinks that real life football development is like switching out players on their fantasy league football teams....they seem to think you just plug in new players and coaches and you are winning conferences and championships the next year....

We were 7-6 last year with no discernible high quality QB with experience and no signs of real coaching EXCEPT on Defense and Diaz....

So the team took in upgrades with Enos and some portal transfers....

Diaz’s #TNM was about getting the current and recruited players EXCITED about coming to UM to help BRING US BACK....

“Bringing us back” means climbing the hill from our current SUCK POSITION.... which means there are going to be growing and learning pains...

Such as losing (closely) to #7 UF and UNC. And blowing “easy games” like VT—- See UGA/SCar as an example of “any given Saturday”....

You pimply-faced, gamer, fantasy league, jack-off addicts have zero comprehension of all the work it takes to get a team of 85 players to perform at the top 1% in order to get close to the CFBCG....

There are over 1,088,000 HS football players each year on average...

Only 2.8% of 28,000 get into Div IA football

Only about 1,300 players make it into the final 16 teams of CFB playoffs....around 1% of all recruited HS athletes...

Do you haters and “why haven’t we won the CFBCG” complainers understand how hard that is to do?

As i’ve Been saying:

1) We are in rebuilding mode (again! For the 18th year and 4th coach)

2) Improvement each day and each game is what we need to be looking at for 2019

") Improvement each day and each game is what we need to be looking at for 2019"

Honest question.....do you really feel like this has been happening this year? Honestly?

Disagree with this. Manny has pooped the bed with a lot this year, but one thing that has changed for the better is the heart. This team doesn’t quit. Past teams under golden and Richt would fold when **** when wrong. I actually think the culture is there, our X and O and player development is what is suspect.

However, the culture won’t hold up for long if we keep losing games that we should win

I dont know why people say this. We came back from 20 down against FSU last year, and we also had drives to win come up short against uva, gt and duke, might have been more I can’t remember. Sounds a lot like this year except we get ahead late and the d ***** the bed this year

Wasn't Manny the DC here last year? Was the attitude, culture and mindset of that side of the ball that bad?

Yes everything is on rebuild this year including coaching staff.

I’ll ride with Manny overseeing D and Enos on QB and OC for this year. Let them get their plans installed/re-installed. And hopefully we still bring in an upgraded 2020 recruiting class to keep momentum going forward.

Getting to the mountain top requires starting at the bottom...

Advertisement
The two big things I've noticed:
1. Our O line is worse than I could have ever imagined
2. Our OC has failed to acknowledge and account for #1.

") Improvement each day and each game is what we need to be looking at for 2019"

Honest question.....do you really feel like this has been happening this year? Honestly?

What I said in my post is That’s what we NEED to see and be looking for this year.

But yes — after going 7-6 last year looking totally clueless — I see a team having a tough start against a quality UF and UNC team but showing they aren’t folding and showing improvements.

The VT game was the biggest failure because JW was clearly too injured to start and somehow he either lied to the coaches about his disability level or the coaches made a horrifically bad decision to start a significantly wounded QB. Those 2 picks leading to the 14 points (first pick was actually a pass interference w deflection that wasn’t called) that’s what lost us the game.

If Kosi has started we would have won by 14-28 points.

We been re-building for going on 2 decades.At what point does the re-building become complete ?

It’s “Complete” when ALL the pieces come together:

• 2-4 years of good recruits
  • 2-3 years of senior level team experience
  • High quality coaching
  • Full team culture of hunger for winning
How would any of us grade the above right now?

I would bet we don’t get above a “C” for any of them.

But again— these coaches essentially started 10 months ago.

Advertisement
Sorry y’all. I can’t but the rebuilding.

I can’t since 03. Let’s be objective Miami recruits significantly better than every team it faces in the ACC coastal.

People want to land all the big names, me too but man if we need Tua or Trevor Lawrence to win the ACC coastal....worst division in power 5 football them we have major problems.

You can move almost any coastal team to any other conference or division and they won’t finish better than 4th. You could do this all the back to the beginning of the ACC and it would be the same thing minus the VTech Vick years.

You’ve recruited better and you have a soft schedule year after year.

It’s like when we complain that the SEC East is so weak with only UGA and UF to really compete on that side vs the SEC West.

I can never buy a “rebuild” when all we have to do is win the coastal. Which by the way we have and always have had the roster to be able to do so.

You want to see Miami start landing top 5 classes and winning championships again then you have to take baby steps.

The first year we win 11-12 games again I won’t expect a top 5 class. We’ve been garbage so long people and recruits only want to see consistency. Are they for real this time?

Steps to being back.

1. Win with the kids you have now. You may not win every game. But you **** sure get to the ACCCG and look competitive against whoever is in the Atlantic.

2. Once you do number 1 consistently, you will start to land bigger and better kids over time in recruiting. (3-5 years)

3. Now you have a machine, winning games, dominating every coastal team by 3-4 touchdowns which is what should be happening right now. Bigger opportunities to win bigger bowl games, CFPs and championships.

4. Keep the dynasty intact.

No reason not to bare minimum expect 10 wins out of this team a year as long as this division remains the same.

Sonic BOOM!

We lost 5 repeat 5 NFL level defensive players.

I love weed— but you might be smoking too much to have believed we would be Elite with tha kind of drop off in experiences players.

Outside of Shaq, Pinck, Nesta....our D is green as sh*t

Sorry y’all. I can’t but the rebuilding.

I can’t since 03. Let’s be objective Miami recruits significantly better than every team it faces in the ACC coastal.

People want to land all the big names, me too but man if we need Tua or Trevor Lawrence to win the ACC coastal....worst division in power 5 football them we have major problems.

You can move almost any coastal team to any other conference or division and they won’t finish better than 4th. You could do this all the back to the beginning of the ACC and it would be the same thing minus the VTech Vick years.

You’ve recruited better and you have a soft schedule year after year.

It’s like when we complain that the SEC East is so weak with only UGA and UF to really compete on that side vs the SEC West.

I can never buy a “rebuild” when all we have to do is win the coastal. Which by the way we have and always have had the roster to be able to do so.

You want to see Miami start landing top 5 classes and winning championships again then you have to take baby steps.

The first year we win 11-12 games again I won’t expect a top 5 class. We’ve been garbage so long people and recruits only want to see consistency. Are they for real this time?

Steps to being back.

1. Win with the kids you have now. You may not win every game. But you **** sure get to the ACCCG and look competitive against whoever is in the Atlantic.

2. Once you do number 1 consistently, you will start to land bigger and better kids over time in recruiting. (3-5 years)

3. Now you have a machine, winning games, dominating every coastal team by 3-4 touchdowns which is what should be happening right now. Bigger opportunities to win bigger bowl games, CFPs and championships.

4. Keep the dynasty intact.

No reason not to bare minimum expect 10 wins out of this team a year as long as this division remains the same.

Dude you cannot deny the rebuild just like you can deny the sun is bright...

Look at our record...

“You are what your record says you are” (Parcels)

Advertisement
Back