Amir Rasul Commits

I cant beleive he is not even ranked on 247.
I really like this kid... Shaq raced against him in middle school. ..Talked with this weekend...love his demeanor he is all about business...Has a good sense of humor..I took him over to Shaq and asked Shaq if he rembered him then i said turn Ahmir...so Shaq could recognize you...everyone thought it was funny Shaq included..Ahmir has grown up sine I last saw 6'0 200 pounds...and tells me he will win state with a 10.3...i believe him

Yeah i can tell his commit was a business decision meaning without track being an option idk if we would gotten a commit. i dont know if too much about him meaning if he is a canes fan or he just wants to stay home. or how solid his commiment is rihgt now before his recruitment blows up. Rasul as well Deon Mcintosh were my 2 favorite rb hands down to get this year.

Advertisement
I really like this kid... Shaq raced against him in middle school. ..Talked with this weekend...love his demeanor he is all about business...Has a good sense of humor..I took him over to Shaq and asked Shaq if he rembered him then i said turn Ahmir...so Shaq could recognize you...everyone thought it was funny Shaq included..Ahmir has grown up sine I last saw 6'0 200 pounds...and tells me he will win state with a 10.3...i believe him

Yeah i can tell his commit was a business decision meaning without track being an option idk if we would gotten a commit. i dont know if too much about him meaning if he is a canes fan or he just wants to stay home. or how solid his commiment is rihgt now before his recruitment blows up. Rasul as well Deon Mcintosh were my 2 favorite rb hands down to get this year.

CG High has always been friendly to us. I think the coach name is Joe Montoya or something? I cant remember us not getting a kid there that we didn't want. So I think he sticks. Only thing I didn't like was the whole "You will be the only RB in our class" speech. If they don't mean it, they shouldn't say it. But if he is the lone RB, he is not a bad one to have. Cant teach 6'0 200 with world class speed.

Not a big fan of the kid.

He's more bobby washington than dalvin cook.

I'll tell you first hand.

***** coach Wright for ratting out Bobby about his test scores. Bobby wanted to be at Miami so bad.

He was so depressed when he went to NC State. He was nowhere close to the player I remember when he was at Killian.

One of the most electrifying players I remember to play ball in Dade. Was afraid of contact though.

I do think his career would have been much different if he was able to go to Miami.

Coach Wright was a shady dude, sent off Morley to Tennessee for a nice pay day and used to throw out kids offers to other schools in the trash.

Now Bobby's got kids and baby momma drama. Saw him at a Killian game last year.

He still wishes to this day he went to Miami.

Last edited:

***** coach Wright for ratting out Bobby about his test scores. Bobby wanted to be at Miami so bad.

He was so depressed when he went to NC State. He was nowhere close to the player I remember when he was at Killian.

One of the most electrifying players I remember to play ball in Dade. Was afraid of contact though.

Now he's got kids and baby momma drama. Saw him at a Killian game last year.

This^.. Bobby's burst was insane. I recall the game at the OB, when he went up against that Carol City's elite D that consisted of Willie William, Kenny Phillips, Ricky Jean Francis (L$U commit), which he ran hard and single handely kept the K in the game. That same year, Charlie Jones was making noise and was tagged as a 5 star by some recruiting services. SMH.. Anyhow, Bobby was a stud IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

This^.. Bobby's burst was insane. I recall the game at the OB, when he went up against that Carol City's elite D that consisted of Willie William, Kenny Phillips, Ricky Jean Francis (L$U commit), which he ran hard and single handely kept the K in the game. That same year, Charlie Jones was making noise and was tagged as a 5 star by some recruiting services. SMH.. Anyhow, Bobby was a stud IMO.

Bobby wanted to be at Miami so bad.

I hate when people bring up what happened to him with NC State. He never wanted to be there. He went cause Tulloch was there.

He got very depressed up there.

Last edited:
Advertisement

CG High has always been friendly to us. I think the coach name is Joe Montoya or something? I cant remember us not getting a kid there that we didn't want. So I think he sticks. Only thing I didn't like was the whole "You will be the only RB in our class" speech. If they don't mean it, they shouldn't say it. But if he is the lone RB, he is not a bad one to have. Cant teach 6'0 200 with world class speed.

My source told me last week that Amir is interested in transferring back to Columbus again.. My source's son plays for Columbus..
Let me holla at my source again and ask him what is the story with this kid.

I was hoping we get Rasul and Deon Mcintosh at backs for next yesr. Those 2 are studs!

He said that Ice and Coley told him that he's the only Florida back they're taking for 2016. I'm hoping this is true and they learned from the Cronkite situation.

Not good, they should tell players they can come and excel by competing with the best!

Could they conceivably take another as an "athlete"?

I was hoping we get Rasul and Deon Mcintosh at backs for next yesr. Those 2 are studs!

He said that Ice and Coley told him that he's the only Florida back they're taking for 2016. I'm hoping this is true and they learned from the Cronkite situation.

Not good, they should tell players they can come and excel by competing with the best!

Could they conceivably take another as an "athlete"?

Would make sense as McIntosh and Smith are both more athlete type than just RB.

Advertisement
Geo what position does Ivan smith play at the next level?

Utility type of player.

Idk if he's gonna have the bulk to play runningback at the next level. He's played some DB in the past as well.

My best guess would be WR or DB and he will definitely play special teams.

It all depends if he can add more weight to his frame without losing any speed or agility. 175 but he looks lighter than that.

What worries me is if this staff passes on him cause they passed on Javarius and Jalen this year who were very much the same type of prospects.

You find a spot for a kid like that and figure his position out when he gets here.

FWIW he loves Miami and is close with the Mullins family. Litterally right in our backyard too. He was at junior day.

I saw Rasul several times last season. No question he has elite speed. Runs like a track guy, with his heels nearly smacking the back of his knees on every stride.

The Gables offense was frustrating. Not nearly physical enough. They goofed around with so many 4-wide sets, designed to free guys in space against terrorized defenses. Consequently it was difficult to tell how good Rasul was as a pure running back, or while running inside. So often he was merely cruising down the sideline. I wanted to scream at them to merely line up in a basic set and hand the ball to #34 on power plays.

Their offense was so finesse oriented that the linemen got lazy and didn't know how to block conventionally. Rasul's stats actually should have been better than they were. I remember attending one game in which he had two long touchdowns called back on needless holding penalties.

If we can tap into that program for one or two kids per year, that would be a bonus. Just a few years ago Gables had a sad looking squad, not much more than Perryman and others. Now they have rangy good looking athletes all over the place, along with some fairly talented big guys. Not quite the equivalent of North Dade schools but closer than I would have imagined. Probably more talented roster overall than Columbus, IMO, but not as well coached or resourceful.

Advertisement

I hate when people bring up what happened to him with NC State. He never wanted to be there. He went cause Tulloch was there.

That's why I A) laughed and B) didn't respond to the poster making it seem like Amir being the next Bobby Washington was a bad thing. LMAO. Bobby was a top 5 Dade County back EVER. People have short memories. He was a manchild in HS.

BUT lets not make it seem like Bobby couldn't have taken the test again or went to prep a year. He was lazy. Brandon Washington did it and Devin Hester did it. I do think he regrets not going the extra mile though. Career would have turned out so much different.

Last edited by a moderator:

My source told me last week that Amir is interested in transferring back to Columbus again.. My source's son plays for Columbus..

That would be a sight to see.

I remember they were talking about the potential backfield they could have had with Amir and Ivan at Columbus and then Amir bolted.

To try and transfer to Booker T when Walton was transferring to Central for his reclassification but Walton ended up transferring back to Booker T and Amir ended up at Coral Gables.

That's why I A) laughed and B) didn't respond to the poster making it seem like Amir being the next Bobby Washington was a bad thing. LMAO. Bobby was a top 5 Dade County back EVER. People have short memories. He was a manchild in HS.

BUT lets not make it seem like Bobby couldn't have taken the test again or went to prep a year. He was lazy. Brandon Washington did it and Devin Hester did it. I do think he regrets not going the extra mile though. Career would have turned out so much different.

The things Bobby did was unreal. He would find a hole and BOOM he was gone. He knew how to run too, so light on his feet. He would run on his tips.

I still strongly believe it would have been so much different for him in his career path if he would have just went the prep route to get to Miami. This is coming from him and Killian people. He HATED NC State.

Again. ***** coach Wright for ratting him out. I'm glad Killian is back to what it should be again. Some rough years.

Advertisement

That would be a sight to see.

I remember they were talking about the potential backfield they could have had with Amir and Ivan at Columbus and then Amir bolted.

To try and transfer to Booker T when Walton was transferring to Central for his reclassification but Walton ended up transferring back to Booker T and Amir ended up at Coral Gables.

Ivan and Amir at CCHS???? OOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I love this kid...I saw him a couple of times and I was thoroughly impressed. He has good vision and an explosion.

Advertisement
Back