Amir Rasul Commits

Advertisement
Yeah i can tell his commit was a business decision meaning without track being an option idk if we would gotten a commit. i dont know if too much about him meaning if he is a canes fan or he just wants to stay home. or how solid his commiment is rihgt now before his recruitment blows up. Rasul as well Deon Mcintosh were my 2 favorite rb hands down to get this year.

CG High has always been friendly to us. I think the coach name is Joe Montoya or something? I cant remember us not getting a kid there that we didn't want. So I think he sticks. Only thing I didn't like was the whole "You will be the only RB in our class" speech. If they don't mean it, they shouldn't say it. But if he is the lone RB, he is not a bad one to have. Cant teach 6'0 200 with world class speed.

My source told me last week that Amir is interested in transferring back to Columbus again.. My source's son plays for Columbus..
Let me holla at my source again and ask him what is the story with this kid.

That would be a sight to see.

I remember they were talking about the potential backfield they could have had with Amir and Ivan at Columbus and then Amir bolted.

To try and transfer to Booker T when Walton was transferring to Central for his reclassification but Walton ended up transferring back to Booker T and Amir ended up at Coral Gables.

Ivan and Amir at CCHS???? OOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AS A COLUMBUS ALUMNUS I WOULD GO CRAZY IF THAT WAS THE CASE!!!!! COLUMBUS will take him back in a heartbeat we recruit when we need to.... My freshman football team had three Brady and trumaine Washington on it plus many other guys who played d1 sick team!! If they would've stuck plus w/ guys like Maloney, Ivan and Amir COLUMBUS would've won a state title!!!

Canes commit marvels at Irish offer

Anna Hickey
Recruiting Reporter

This story was originally published on IrishIllustrated.com.

Junior running back Amir Rasul says Irish assistant Tony Alford deems him a “homerun hitter,” and the recent Miami commitment explains why he’s so enthralled by his offer from Notre Dame.

Coral Gables (Fla.) High junior running back Amir Rasul was speechless when Notre Dame running backs Tony Alford coach delivered some news on Monday.

“I was very surprised, and I just marveled in the moment for a second,” Rasul said. “It’s just amazing they offered me. This was the one I had been waiting on.”

“(Alford) wants to get me up there for a junior day this spring and for a camp this summer, so I can see more of what they’re all about.”

Speed is the 6-foot, 202-pound running back’s specialty, having been clocked in the 40-yard dash at 4.38 seconds and the 100-meter race at 10.31 seconds.

“(Alford) called me a homerun hitter,” Rasul said. “He said I can do a little bit of everything like bursting through for big gains and catching passes as a slot wide receiver.”

Notre Dame’s religious tradition resonates strongly with Rasul, who attended Christopher Columbus, a Catholic school in Miami, as a freshman and sophomore.

“Everything,” Rasul said, when asked what he liked about Notre Dame. “Everything about it I like. You have to admit the name Notre Dame is amazing. The school of the Holy Mother offered me. I have known about the Basilica there for a long time. I want to see that as a person. It doesn’t even matter that I’m an athlete.”

Rasul said he grew up watching Notre Dame on television, and today he keeps up with the Florida prospects that end up Irish.

“I watched a lot of their games as a kid, and I watched ‘Rudy’ every day,” Rasul said. “I followed Greg Bryant and Corey Holmes, and I know Tarean Folston is up there, too.”
Rasul’s game goes beyond that of a track star on the football field, and he considers himself a well-rounded source of attack.

“I have good vision to go with my speed,” Rasul said. “I have downhill run ability, and I’m a student of the game. I can run in between in the tackles, bounce it outside and be a deep threat if I need to be.”

Rasul pledged to Miami on Sunday, but he’s still considering other programs along with Notre Dame, including the Gamecocks and Mountaineers. He plans to visit South Carolina this spring.

LULZ at these 2016 "commits".

In that interview, Rasul sounded like a Catholic priest who was just handed the keys to Joe Jonas's dressing room. It's absurd to hear a fake UM commit gushing so hard over a Notre Dame offer.

Dude commits to UM and sounded like he got punched in the gut. Gets an offer from Notre Dame and sounds like a Powerball winner.

If those lips are that chapped in humid Miami they'll fall off in cold dry *** Indiana.

Advertisement
see now that was the interview i was expecting if he was a true Cane fan and i didnt get that feeling at all, thats why i stated earlier in the thread that i knew little about him and his enthusiasm for the canes. the way he talked about ND was as if he was an all time fan and would commit on the spot. he may have pulled the trigger too soon.

You new cane stans are funny ..... You dont expect canes to hold on to any recruits but want Miami to go
After any and everyone you think we should have ... At the end of the day true athletes and fans will be canes no matter what.....

Advertisement
You new cane stans are funny ..... You dont expect canes to hold on to any recruits but want Miami to go
After any and everyone you think we should have ... At the end of the day true athletes and fans will be canes no matter what.....

Yeah, how silly of us, we don't like it when a guy commits to us one weekend and by the end of the week has given a public BJ to Notre ******* Dame of all schools.

Yeah, how silly of us, we don't like it when a guy commits to us one weekend and by the end of the week has given a public BJ to Notre ****ing Dame of all schools.
Yeah you are silly for concerning yourself with what a 17 maybe 16 year old says...... This kid has a whole year before he signs why get on here and bash the jit?

This kid becomes even more important to hold on to now.

We need more horses in the stable.

Want to see how Rasul develops going into his senior year because he has an extremely high ceiling.

Advertisement
Miami is nothing but a placeholder under Folden.

Local kids jump on the first big offer which is usually from the hometown school. They then realize they have other opportunities to not play for this fat doofus and they almost pull a hamstring getting the fvck out of here.

You don't have to be a Sherlock on this one:

Amir Rasul was speechless when Notre Dame running backs Tony Alford coach delivered some news on Monday.

“I was very surprised, and I just marveled in the moment for a second,” Rasul said. “It’s just amazing they offered me. This was the one I had been waiting on.”

Advertisement
Remember when the staff told Rasul he'd be the only RB in his class? And everyone criticized how absurdly moronic that was at the time?

Think about how stupid it seems now, especially after the staff already botched Dexter Williams' recruitment and they'll probably fail at trying to bring him back. Absolute clown show.

I'd be astonished if we managed to hang onto Rasul. Seems like a classic placeholder situation for a kid whose recruitment is going to blow up.

You don't have to be a Sherlock on this one:

Amir Rasul was speechless when Notre Dame running backs Tony Alford coach delivered some news on Monday.

These kids are something else wtf

Advertisement
Back