Ameer Abdullah

Advertisement
Our defense is about to get exposed I'm afraid. First and second year players (albeit talented) littering the two-deep is not good.

DE Pierre - Kamalu
NT Huertelou - Jenkins
DE Chickillo - Thomas

LB McCord - Harris
LB Kirby - Grace
LB Perryman - Young
LB Armbrister - Owens

CB Gunter - Elder/AC
CB Burns - Howard
SS Bush - Fentress
FS Crawford - Carter

How many players on McNeese st defense which shut him down outside of that pass can crack this two deep............don't worry I'll wait (Katt Williams vc)

Rok is shook... don't fall for the troll job...

On the road, we need to score. Oregon cares not about time of possession. Give me the **** points. Golden drilled into your minute brain that that is the reason we suck. Fat lie. We suck because No D is horrible. Who the **** can't defend 50 points against Duke? It would have been a QB sack party in past years with that many points. We need to score against Nebraska, fast or slow. If we score we force them to throw and limit Abdullah use. Slow tempo is what they want. So they can pound us

from what I read their receivers aren't that fast, their O-line is not that great. not saying they are horrible just not "great" or at time "good" the O-line can't be worse then ours but its not good.

If Dorrito can't keep them to 21 pts or lower our D will as it has been for the past few years

Advertisement
Abdullah isn't even the best back that we'll face this year. I'm more concerned about James Conner from Pitt at this point as they actually have decent WR's too.

Abdullah isn't even the best back that we'll face this year. I'm more concerned about James Conner from Pitt at this point as they actually have decent WR's too.

I thought Kirk Herbstreit was crazy picking pitt as a surprise ACC team. He was right they look good.

VT, Pitt, Duke, & Miami all gonna be fighting for the coastal.

Our defense is about to get exposed I'm afraid. First and second year players (albeit talented) littering the two-deep is not good.

DE Pierre - Kamalu
NT Huertelou - Jenkins
DE Chickillo - Thomas

LB McCord - Harris
LB Kirby - Grace
LB Perryman - Young
LB Armbrister - Owens

CB Gunter - Elder/AC
CB Burns - Howard
SS Bush - Fentress
FS Crawford - Carter

How many players on McNeese st defense which shut him down outside of that pass can crack this two deep............don't worry I'll wait (Katt Williams vc)

Rok is shook... don't fall for the troll job...

McNeese State is well coached and they're a very good FCS team. Our players aren't the problem here anyway. We're a little on the young side but the talent is good enough where we shouldn't be getting smoked. Let's see what happens but I'm not expecting a stellar defensive showing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I expect a defensive.performance similar to k state. They will be content on spreading us out and running zone,qb optipns, and quick.bubbles with their qb who cant throw. K state did it and gashed us with their back up qb. Plus its an away game...in these games we want to play a large amount of guys and rotate alot. If we dont crowd.the line and do something I haven't seen No Frio do....which is dictate to the o and not be reactive..were in trouble. I fully feel j coley will go full dale! In this game and waste three consecutive series.
At this.point I got neb by 10 at home...and thats after I watched full mcneese game. They have a corch..but he still will kill coley...but we are poorly coached in three facets.

Westerkamp will have a big game...Abdullah is very Duke like. .and Duke does what he wants against our defense. We cause a few turn overs, be stable on specials...abd we got a game/dogfight. That Gregory kid scares me though.. and their dts are good, we gotta get.to the edges with Duke.

Last edited:
He's a good back, but I think a little over-hyped. He had that one monster game against FAU and then that big play against McNeese State, but hasnt done much else. You give me Duke and the Nebraska line and I think you see who the better back is. The media jumped all over him after McNeese State because he made the winning play but lets be honest, they should have talked about how he was held to 3.2 yards a carry in that game and the fact that McNeese State had no business being on the verge of winning that game in Lincoln.

I expect a defensive.performance similar to k state. They will be content on spreading us out and running zone,qb optipns, and quick.bubbles with their qb who cant throw. K state did it and gashed us with their back up qb. Plus its an away game...in these games we want to play a large amount of guys and rotate alot. If we dont crowd.the line and do something I haven't seen No Frio do....which is dictate to the o and not be reactive..were in trouble. I fully feel j coley will go full dale! In this game and waste three consecutive series.
At this.point I got neb by 10 at home...and thats after I watched full mcneese game. They have a corch..but he still will kill coley...but we are poorly coached in three facets.

Westerkamp will have a big game...Abdullah is very Duke like. .and Duke does what he wants against our defense. We cause a few turn overs, be stable on specials...abd we got a game/dogfight. That Gregory kid scares me though.. and their dts are good, we gotta get.to the edges with Duke.

It's hard to compare Armstrong to Klein because Klein was a beast in college. He was an extremely productive/efficient QB - I don't know that I can put Armstrong in that category.

Advertisement
There's little doubt in my mind that Nebraska will go for at least 400 yards.

However, he hasn't been running the ball all that well lately.

Ran for 110 yards on 19 carries against Fresno but 57 came on one play.

McNeese bottled him up...17 carries, 54 yards.

Why do I get the feeling he's going to have a career game on Saturday night?

Why do I get the feeling DP is going to have a career game Saturday night?

He's a good back, but I think a little over-hyped. He had that one monster game against FAU and then that big play against McNeese State, but hasnt done much else. You give me Duke and the Nebraska line and I think you see who the better back is. The media jumped all over him after McNeese State because he made the winning play but lets be honest, they should have talked about how he was held to 3.2 yards a carry in that game and the fact that McNeese State had no business being on the verge of winning that game in Lincoln.

Yes, never mind the previous 19 games where he went off for more than 100 yards. Never mind he was the only running back to rush for more than 100 yards vs. Michigan State the last two seasons. Don't mind his 100+ effort vs. Georgia behind a make shift offensive line... Let's just focus on the McNeese state game where he was only given the football 3 times in the 2nd half.... lol

The ironic part is Nebraska actually has 3 very good running backs and a QB who can run the football.

And.. just for shiites and giggles.... McNeese State would beat Florida A&M by 50....

Yes, never mind the previous 19 games where he went off for more than 100 yards. Never mind he was the only running back to rush for more than 100 yards vs. Michigan State the last two seasons. Don't mind his 100+ effort vs. Georgia behind a make shift offensive line... Let's just focus on the McNeese state game where he was only given the football 3 times in the 2nd half.... lol

The ironic part is Nebraska actually has 3 very good running backs and a QB who can run the football.

And.. just for shiites and giggles.... McNeese State would beat Florida A&M by 50....

looks like i hit a nerve with you. lol. And sure, we all know how solid McNeese State is. Their 41-6 loss to Northern Iowa, 41-7 loss to SE Louisiana and their 31-10 loss to Jacksonville State (all last year) certainly confirm that for all of us.

Advertisement
As the Florida Atlantic band played outside first-year coach Charlie Partridge’s office last week, he joked about his team’s back-to-back losses at Nebraska and Alabama to open the season. “We bought them some new tubas,” Partridge said.

Partridge calls both losses “million-dollar practices,” the amount each team paid the Owls for the games before he got his first career win Saturday in a 50-21 blowout of Tulsa. They also gave him an up-close look at three of the nation’s top running backs in Nebraska’s Ameer Abdullah and Alabama’s T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry, a group he ranked for The Inside Read.

1. Abdullah: “He’s got all three, power, make-you-miss ability and speed. All at an extremely high level. He’s a great player.”

2. Yeldon: “He’s powerful and can run fast, but I don’t know that he’s got the make-you-miss near as much.”

3. Henry: “He’s a little quicker and can make you miss. He’s not as explosively a power back.”

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/09/15/dorial-green-beckham-oklahoma-domestic-violence

:nba-anthony_davis-u

What scares me is if they get Abdullah in the alley. Our safeties looked horrible coming up and tackling against ******* Arkansas State. What the **** are they going to do against Ameer Abdullah?

Bush in particular had no clue what he was doing, but Carter wasn't breaking down and it looked like Dallas Crawford glanced off a few different guys. I know people make fun of Fentress but he looks the most effective at coming up and tackling.

Advertisement
Back