Ameer Abdullah

His final stats... 25 carries, 275 yards, 3 catches 60 yards, 4 touchdowns, and Heisman front runner

While we run triple bacon flea flicker tight end reverses and go 1-15 on third down. Golden then states "well could have easily been 6-15 had we not dropped a couple of passes, not gotten our chit pushed in and gotten tackled for a loss 4 times when it was less than 2 yards for a first. Those money downs are hard on the road."

Advertisement
Our defense is about to get exposed I'm afraid. First and second year players (albeit talented) littering the two-deep is not good.

DE Pierre - Kamalu
NT Huertelou - Jenkins
DE Chickillo - Thomas

LB McCord - Harris
LB Kirby - Grace
LB Perryman - Young
LB Armbrister - Owens

CB Gunter - Elder/AC
CB Burns - Howard
SS Bush - Fentress
FS Crawford - Carter

[video]https://warosu.org/data/tg/img/0293/40/1389111215616.gif[/video]

image.jpg

Big games versus terrible opponents

Advertisement
This game is 10000% on the offense. We dont need quick scores (we will take them) and we dont need 3 and outs. We have to have sustained drives to give the defense time to rest so they are not gassed at the end of the game.

Coley has not shown the ability to call plays that will sustain drives.

McNeese State DL took Neb OL to the woodshed! Should be a breakout game for C Thomas and C Jenkins. Looking for a big game out of Chick as well.

Advertisement
Nebraska averages 594 yards per game.

What offense?

Fresno State gave up over 700 to USC and over 500 to Utah. FAU gave up over 600 to Alabama. There other opponent was an FCS school. Our defense may very well get its *** kicked but Nebraska has proven nothing other than they're great at scheduling teams with awful defenses or an outmanned one in McNeese St. We'll see if we continue the trend.

Abdullah is going to make plays. He's too good to be shut down completely. We just cant let a 10 yard gain turn into 50. We have to try to keep them in 3 and 6 or more and make their QB constantly beat us with the pass. WR's are always open against us so its gonna be a matter of him making accurate throws and the WR's catching passes. Our Pass D scheme is still awful and our CB's and Safeties are terrible at Breaking for the ball and making plays on the ball. We just don't have the OL to control game tempo and sustain drives. We are going to have to take shots because im sure they are going to still stack the box with 8 or 9 and on defense we have to get off the field on 3rd down.

Kind of funny, but we'll be the best D they have faced all year. I know it's only game 4, but it feels weird to even mutter those words.

Advertisement
We better tackle a **** of alot better than we have in the past or Abdullah will run for 200+. Kid is small but strong as **** and won't go down easy.

Advertisement
[]_[]nique;1982938 said:
If our offensive gameplay is like that of the Louisville game then I say it could be a possibilty that Nebraska has a good offensive game against us for the simple reason of getting a lot of opportunities and eventually wearing us down. If Coley continues to let Brad run the entire playbook, I think the D fairs well!!

This is a very important point. How and what our offense does has a significant effect on our defense. I don't know much about Nebraska. Do they have a decent passing game? I remember the comments by Schnellenberger before the OB game in '84 ('83 season) where he said, "I'd be pleased as punch if we can force Nebraska to pass". If we can get a lead, can Nebraska play catch-up? If we sustain drives, can we keep our defense fresh? If they start to wear us down with running play after running play, it might be a problem, especially if the defense is on the field too much.

Ah! I see DadeCoutyFinest has apparently answered my question: he says they have a small running QB.

His final stats... 25 carries, 275 yards, 3 catches 60 yards, 4 touchdowns, and Heisman front runner

While we run triple bacon flea flicker tight end reverses and go 1-15 on third down. Golden then states "well could have easily been 6-15 had we not dropped a couple of passes, not gotten our chit pushed in and gotten tackled for a loss 4 times when it was less than 2 yards for a first. Those money downs are hard on the road."

1668_picture.jpg

Advertisement
Back