Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean we low key got clowned too, right? We have more than a few people on our staff thinking he was getting in the portal to specifically transfer to Miami.

This… I think we definitely got clowned a little. Board trolling FSU boards. Canes reporters tripping over themselves trying to get updates. Ruiz tweet.. Etc… And I’m sure canes staff were scrambling over logistics of his visit/cancellation/rescheduling (if our insiders here were right about him traveling down).

Def not as bad as what FSU got, so I can live with it. It’s a five star in college football…. Sometimes you have to deal with stuff like this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is not an article, just a MB post, so it's fair game copyright wise:

Before he made his FSU visit people at his high school were calling it a FSU lock

Then he shows up in Tallahassee and signs an NIL deal.

that is why I never believed he was coming here, even though the NIL part of the equation would have certainly been as good or better than anywhere else. That is why I posted about it and tweeeted about it while some idiots on twitter tried to take shots that we were posting about something going on at FSU Lmao.

I mean like everybody didn’t want to know what was going on. Everything won’t always be good news.

anyway he went back to Athens and Georgia presented him with a scenario to stay. Yesterday he began telling people that he was going to be coming back to Georgia, which we heard about early last evening and posted about last night. This morning there is clarity that he is stayingat Georgia.

It ended up being a bunch of noise about nothing

btw, The initial story about his Miami interest was planted by Georgia. I think they knew there was no chance he was going to end up at Miami and they were trolling.

Trolling? I mean it’s pretty simple I’m sure our coaches picked up the phone and said Mims you interested yay or nay? Staff didn’t get trolled or played

Trolling would be the fanbase and different sites like warchant etc…

You are omitting one big piece of the puzzle here and that is some of our plugged in posters confirming that we in fact were involved here to the degree the UGA 247 writer insisted.
I get that but the Rusty guy said we had a deal in place and we were the front runner. I don’t remember any of CIS sauces saying that. That’s pretty specific info no? Maybe we had communication and Kirby didn’t like that and had his boy leak it.

The Miami interest and us being the favorite to land him was first reported by the UGA side. That said, he never made it down to Miami so who knows if that was ever true.

FSU got him on campus, rolled out the red carpet and even had their insiders saying that he committed to them. That's a hilariously bad look.

Advertisement
I get that but the Rusty guy said we had a deal in place and we were the front runner. I don’t remember any of CIS sauces saying that. That’s pretty specific info no? Maybe we had communication and Kirby didn’t like that and had his boy leak it.

I don’t think a lot of respected sources are as plugged in as they have been.

Expected with the changes at all levels of the program.

Like a motherfvcking restaurant tip-out...
Hahahahahaha! THAT is an outstanding reference for anyone that has ever worked in a restaurant.

Memphis Mike probably has half the team doing sidework for their Training Table too. Mims heard about rollin' silverware and topping off ketchup bottles and immediately didn't care about any more about any hot hostesses.

Advertisement
I thought Cribby said so, and others came in confirming?
Maybe I’m remembering wrong but I don’t think anyone said it was a done deal. Just that we were putting together an NIL and he was visiting. Ferman also posted this “UGA troll” originally on wed/Thursday and then deleted the posted. Then He posts the same thing today which makes me think he knows something. Or hey maybe a coach from Miami is giving that to Ferman to save face. Just seems fishy to me that Rusty led with that info

Didn't Harbaugh just jump in the portal and go back? Yall need to let go off the idea that yall can control these players. Let it go.
If I were michigan, I'd be looking for harbitch's replacement asap. I wouldn't put up with it, I'd tell him to kick rocks.

Maybe I’m remembering wrong but I don’t think anyone said it was a done deal. Just that we were putting together an NIL and he was visiting. Ferman also posted this “UGA troll” originally on wed/Thursday and then deleted the posted. Then He posts the same thing today which makes me think he knows something. Or hey maybe a coach from Miami is giving that to Ferman to save face. Just seems fishy to me that Rusty led with that info
I don’t think anyone said it was a done deal but more so we were the reason he entered the portal. I remember that being said on here multiple times. Believe Leeds just said that in one of her posts.

Advertisement
I don’t think anyone said it was a done deal but more so we were the reason he entered the portal. I remember that being said on here multiple times. Believe Leeds just said that in one of her posts.
Maybe Leeds is Rusty!

The Miami interest and us being the favorite to land him was first reported by the UGA side. That said, he never made it down to Miami so who knows if that was ever true.

FSU got him on campus, rolled out the red carpet and even had their insiders saying that he committed to them. That's a hilariously bad look.
I am really not understanding the purpose behind what they are saying. They told him to go in the portal to put Miami's name out there? They heard he was going into the portal and thought to toss our name in there to slow momentum or something? It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you take a step back and think about it.

Advertisement
I am really not understanding the purpose behind what they are saying. They told him to go in the portal to put Miami's name out there? They heard he was going into the portal and thought to toss our name in there to slow momentum or something? It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you take a step back and think about it.
Imo it’s more likely word is out that Miami is paying, and he used us to get fsu and ugas best offer. Seems clear that his mom wants him close and isn’t willing to fly to see him play.

Ruiz’s tweet and sources here on CIS showcases there was smoke with Mims and Miami. Don’t get it twisted, this is an L for us too but not as bad as FSU.

Right. Like we are on the hearts and minds of the defending national champions THAT much? Little ole us? It’s either BS or they are really REALLY concerned about what Mario has going on down here.

Imo it’s more likely word is out that Miami is paying, and he used us to get fsu and ugas best offer. Seems clear that his mom wants him close and isn’t willing to fly to see him play.
That is fine and frankly entirely plausible... certainly more plausible than UGA leaked it. But that is not what Rusty and Ferman were saying. UGA did not leak Miami's name and NIL offer out there to force their hand to come up with more money. It is illogical and clearly nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back