Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Recruiting ain’t for the weak

Folks got to realize to be at the top and go after the best in the country that there is going to a ton of battles like this moving forward. It’s easy when you recruit 3 star under the radar types. Mario ain’t bout that life. You want the best, you got to battle everyone else’s best pitches. Win some, lose some.

Folks not going to make it on this board of they get this wrapped up in every big battle. They will be worn out by fall haha

Horror Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

You good?
Yep. I'm good.

Advertisement
Yup, think the other update is spot on. FSU is closer to home and his parents like that, they have an acceptable NIL. We have the potential of a better NIL and have better potential as a staff and program. Let’s see which one wins out.
I just dont think location is as big a factor as some think. Granted I may be thinking of it more from my point of view than the kid and his parents but objectively...

The clock is running. He already tried the Georgia thing. It didnt work out the way he planned. Having someone in your family have a chance to play in the NFL is such a 1 in a million shot. They have a smaller window now of getting this right to set him up where the NFL will want him.

1. He needs coaching. He is not a polished, finished product

2. He needs opportunity. A school who has a desperate need for a tackle asap

3. He needs to be put in the best position to be successful and get some good tape out. That means having a surrounding cast. Having a good group of OL with you, a QB (hopefully one with a quick release where he doesnt have to neutralize a DE for too long), and solid RB's which can really make an OL look good

4. They need a heckuva NIL deal in case he doesnt make it to the NFL. Cash in as much as they can now while the demand is there

Location should be pretty far down on the list of the variables they have to weigh right now. But that's just me if I'm in their shoes.

We've learned with transfers before that they want to make quick and clear decisions. Most of them enter the portal with a school in mind and often show up on that campus asap. We went from FSU might get a visit, to FSU is getting a one day visit, to FSU is now getting a multi-day visit and pushing for him to not visit us. They have all the leverage right now.

If he shows up tomorrow or Saturday, we've got a chance with our elite staff but that is starting to sound unlikely.

Advertisement
We've learned with transfers before that they want to make quick and clear decisions. Most of them enter the portal with a school in mind and often show up on that campus asap. We went from FSU might get a visit, to FSU is getting a one day visit, to FSU is now getting a multi-day visit and pushing for him to not visit us. They have all the leverage right now.

If he shows up tomorrow or Saturday, we've got a chance with our elite staff but that is starting to sound unlikely.
Meanwhile Caleb Johnson is going to go visit Texas and Mesidor is going to visit USC

This is the part that makes no sense.

Perhaps FSU told Mims that Norvell will be there for many years and the school will announce a multi-year extension for Norvell. If that happens, it would turn a L into a W for UM fans.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just dont think location is as big a factor as some think. Granted I may be thinking of it more from my point of view than the kid and his parents but objectively...

The clock is running. He already tried the Georgia thing. It didnt work out the way he planned. Having someone in your family have a chance to play in the NFL is such a 1 in a million shot. They have a smaller window now of getting this right to set him up where the NFL will want him.

1. He needs coaching. He is not a polished, finished product

2. He needs opportunity. A school who has a desperate need for a tackle asap

3. He needs to be put in the best position to be successful and get some good tape out. That means having a surrounding cast. Having a good group of OL with you, a QB (hopefully one with a quick release where he doesnt have to neutralize a DE for too long), and solid RB's which can really make an OL look good

4. They need a heckuva NIL deal in case he doesnt make it to the NFL. Cash in as much as they can now while the demand is there

Location should be pretty far down on the list of the variables they have to weigh right now. But that's just me if I'm in their shoes.
The location part is tied to the parents. The parents apparently want him closer to home, it’s not a far fetched consideration. The other part is trust, they trust Adkins or whatever his name is. Is he anywhere close to the coach Mirabal is? **** naw, but it doesn’t matter if the kid and his family trust him.

The UGA thing was working out, it just wasn’t moving along as fast as he wanted it. He wants immediate playing time, both schools offer it. If he wants to win, I’d say we are the better option because we are heading in a better direction but let’s be honest here, we are both middling programs with an elite pedigree trying to break through.

Supporting cast is great and all but reality is if he is good he could get noticed on an 0-12 team. Khalil Mack became the #3 pick playing for Buffalo.

NIL does matter and we have an advantage here for sure. This and coaching.

I agree that if he is level headed Miami is the choice, but human beings aren’t always level headed and are influenced but outside forces such as parents. FSU is a viable choice even if it may strongly seem like a foolish choice. Don’t get it twisted, I think it is with out a doubt a major mistake for him but I understand why he may make that mistake.

He's visiting. Clearly wants to continue exploring options and not shutting it down after his visit.
It’s definitely not a great development
especially after gabby said we were confident no more visits and he shuts it down. Man gabby has been wrong a lot lately tough times for the guy

It’s definitely not a great development
especially after gabby said we were confident no more visits and he shuts it down. Man gabby has been wrong a lot lately tough times for the guy
Yeah he's really struggled this off-season and ferman has actually been pretty solid. Really strange lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back