Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe Mims did "commit" to FSU on his visit but if there's any fanbase that should know that silent verbal commitments mean next to nothing it's the fanbase that posts on this message board

Here's what I think happened. Mims arrived in Tallahassee as scheduled. Someone asked him which hotel he was at and he responded, "I'm staying at the Motel 6.“ Some yokel overhead the conversation and told his friends, "Did you hear that, he just said he's staying in Tallahassee!“ And that is where the smoke started. Since then it's just the same hacks parroting it over again and and again so they can look like the broke the story first. When he ends up transferring elsewhere, the hacks will just say recruiting is fluid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here's what I think happened. Mims arrived in Tallahassee as scheduled. Someone asked him which hotel he was at and he responded, "I'm staying at the Motel 6.“ Some yokel overhead the conversation and told his friends, "Did you hear that, he just said he's staying in Tallahassee!“ And that is where the smoke started. Since then it's just the same hacks parroting it over again and and again so they can look like the broke the story first. When he ends up transferring elsewhere, the hacks will just say recruiting is fluid.
I don't think it was that stretched. I do think there's a chance he either signed or said he'd do their NIL deal, like "Yeah I'll do that (if I come here)." But that is not binding. Warchant took that as a commitment and ran with it. As others have said, even if he fully intends to go to FSU, it makes no sense to commit before visiting Miami, if nothing else to up the deal. It's possible he committed, but it's interesting not a single other recruiting source has backed up Warchant (with 247 Noles even fighting them).

I don't buy the idea that any single OL can change the face of any program. Help? Yes. Be a potential final piece? For the right team (that's not FSU; make a bowl game first). But It takes FIVE dudes to impose will on the line. The types of guys that can change a program are primarily QBs.
The reasons Mario came to Miami, the changes he demanded before taking the job, those are the things that can change a program. Obviously, Mims is going to help whichever team lands him.

Advertisement
If he chooses FSU it's clear that the best developmental situation is not his (or his family's?) primary factor in consideration, so not sure that would make much of a difference. To choose FSU means his relationship with Atkins and/or his family desire to keep him closer would likely be strong factors.
If he chooses FSU, it is in fact geographical and familiarity from his prior recruitment. The NIL stuff will be there...wherever he goes

Per the article Mims himself shot down the FSU commitment report

Go Canes
Can we back-channel an NIL offer to Warren McClendon to entice him to jump ship and transfer here?

That's the way this ends in the movie in my head. Mims then turns out to have been a lock to Texas all along and everyone associated with Warchant commits a mass seppuku in the parking lot of a Tally Waffle House. Budd Eliot crystal balls them with a probability of 5 to eternal damnation in ****.

At this point getting the kid to help our team is the cherry on top. I mostly want this kid to see the nole tears haha. This is their super bowl and I’d love to see their dreams crushed again!

This !!!!! 100%
I just want to see their dreams crushed and the implosion that would follow.

At this point getting the kid to help our team is the cherry on top. I mostly want this kid to see the nole tears haha. This is their super bowl and I’d love to see their dreams crushed again!
He more than that. He changes the trajectory of our offense. We are more confidently able to keep TVD upright against a ATM or Clemson. We will be fine either way but he helps a ton. A big year this year means the rebuild comes together faster.

Advertisement
8B7D1833-D965-4FA4-8C15-CF7D06C47D2E.gif

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back