Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not nothing, but I don't think this levels the field.
The powers are always going to use it to the advantage, but what it does is let traditional NCAA targets...like us, Tennessee, Ole miss..openly offer money. Up to now the SEC powers were allowed to get away with it under the table and we couldn't match. Now we at least have a chance with the biggest names. Not a coincidence Tennessee landed that Cali QB.

Advertisement
Hey mf this is about Mims don't start that shít here.
E97C519F-51B5-4B86-BC86-7611C2DB8152.gif

Mims will look a whole lot better in the eyes of the scouts protecting a potential 1st round QB...
This is a really good take.
  1. Come be coached by Mario/Mirabal on a line that suddenly has some depth and protect a potential 1st round QB
  2. Go be a good piece on a bad line for a QB who can't throw past 15 yards.
One of those is going to make you look real good to scouts.

Isn’t it February for fall sports with the Sec ? You must be in the portal by then to transfer inside the conference? That’s why the sec Is out of the question.

So, if I'm hearing this correctly, that any SEC kid who hits the portal after May 1st, then there is really only a handful of school (USC and UM) that have to be the these kids best options. Sounds great for us 😎

I think FSU is trying to save face here. Georgia wasn’t landing all of those five stars in the trenches because they liked Kirby‘s haircut. I’m sure this kid financially has been taken care of pretty well. This is all about playing time, NFL and coaching.

Kirby fcked up by bringing Searles in imo. Our layers looked checked out when he was here.
I don’t like talking too much about position coaches because I’ve never played I never analyze the game the way some people do here. But at least on this team his method of coaching was not getting through to the players. I’m not saying that’s the reason those two lineman left UGA. But I wouldn’t be surprised if that had to be taken into consideration by them.

Advertisement
What's really pathetic about the F$U fans is that they think that "NIL" should be about a "now-legal" bag of money on Day 1. They have no idea what Miami is setting up for these kids in terms of potential long-term earnings.

F$U and some other schools are still trying to rent players to boost their recruiting rankings, instead of working with them to help build their wealth and brands for the long haul.
Excellent point and very valid. Not just seminars on things like wealth management and fundamental financial management ... but LONG TERM assistance AFTER they have graduated and moved on to either NFL or other professional careers. Business contacts, business planning assistance, financial management planning assistance ... huge benefits that would have dramatically changed the lives of players who received huge signing bonuses, got great contracts, and lost it all due to being scammed and making poor financial decisions.

I just really have a hard time seeing Mims going to FSU solely based on a relationship he has with Atkins. Maybe before NIL, but this kid is looking to make a business decision and go somewhere where he can play right away and have a chance to win. FSU offers the early playing time, but so do we, not to mention it looks like Mirabal/Mario were recruiting him when he was at Oregon, so it's not like he'd be stepping into a completely unknown situation.

So, if I'm hearing this correctly, that any SEC kid who hits the portal after May 1st, then there is really only a handful of school (USC and UM) that have to be the these kids best options. Sounds great for us 😎

No, I think the SEC has its own rule, that if you want to transfer SEC-to-SEC, it has to be by February 1st. Otherwise, you have to be in the Portal by May 1 in order to transfer to any Division I school (and not have to sit out a year). All of this, unless, of course, you can get a waiver. Which the NCAA might be tougher on, now that the rules have been changed. Not sure how many "waiver cases" have been adjudicated in the past year or so.

No, I think the SEC has its own rule, that if you want to transfer SEC-to-SEC, it has to be by February 1st. Otherwise, you have to be in the Portal by May 1 in order to transfer to any Division I school (and not have to sit out a year). All of this, unless, of course, you can get a waiver. Which the NCAA might be tougher on, now that the rules have been changed. Not sure how many "waiver cases" have been adjudicated in the past year or so.
Has there even been any buzz on SEC teams? All I've seen is UM/FSU with Texas and USC gauging interest.

Advertisement
Excellent point and very valid. Not just seminars on things like wealth management and fundamental financial management ... but LONG TERM assistance AFTER they have graduated and moved on to either NFL or other professional careers. Business contacts, business planning assistance, financial management planning assistance ... huge benefits that would have dramatically changed the lives of players who received huge signing bonuses, got great contracts, and lost it all due to being scammed and making poor financial decisions.

I will not go into super-detail, to protect everyone's privacy, but I know of a particular...entity...that is planning to pay a reasonable NIL amount...IN PERPETUITY...

Again, this whole issue has...levels...and the dopey F$U fans who think that they just give $10 a month to Flailing Spear and it will buy them players...have got a lot to learn...

Advertisement
Advertisement
They all just got extended. They make sense because the kid can play there immediately, and that’s what he wants. That’s why he’s leaving UGA. He also has a close relationship with their OC/OL coach.

Thankfully it makes more sense for him to come here instead. Let’s see if he makes the right decision.
They all got extended but they are on the hot seat that extension was just to help with recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back