Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, plantation.

Odds are that's the same person...

Good dude, we talked CFB a few weeks ago. Our wives are friends from high school

Had to give some hard reality truth about what Miami is doing as a program and where FSU is going lol

Advertisement
Atkins relationship versus his rapport with a dude who coached on his team last year?

And that's secondary to this battle royale: Mirabal and Cristobal v Norvell and Atkins....

No brainer.

It's like Demolition defending their tag team belts against the Rockers in their WWE debut.
No...Rockers is giving them way too much credit. Help me wrestling fans....

Ferman says he’s visiting this week.

View attachment 181594
dolphin humping GIF

I personally believe we could beat A&M now with the roster as constituted.
I think we have a chance with what we have but we legit are a slight underdog on the road with Mims at RT. I agree that aTm hasn’t shown to be killers, but they have a ton of talent on the D, and we need to counter that with size, talent and speed in our offense. Otherwise we are asking for some unproven WRs be Rambo and Harley against SEC CBs. We need a run to set up the pass and I think our OL is not strong enough. We almost lost to Pitt last year for not having any push up front (and probably do if not for some help from the refs).

Our D is suspect (even against an average SEC offense like what I expect out of them) and the only way we hang with them for 4 quarters is if we can have an offense that can match what their offense does to our defense (I’m not talking fireworks, but their D will be stingy and we need to be able to move the ball).

I would rather have Mims on our team for the game. Otherwise, it’s like saying that Scheffler could have won the Masters on 18 by using a putter for each stroke. I get that you aren’t exactly saying that as you are pointing out your thoughts on the current squad, but I would much rather have this kid to be substantially bigger, stronger, more competitive than not, especially for this game. We beat aTm, we make big jumps in recruiting and turnaround to perennial top10 way faster.

Odds are that's the same person...

Good dude, we talked CFB a few weeks ago. Our wives are friends from high school

Had to give some hard reality truth about what Miami is doing as a program and where FSU is going lol

That’s funny. Such a small world. I’ll see him in a couple weeks.

Advertisement
It does some leveling. There are schools that are not traditional powers who have money like OK St and others who players may go there because of that. Without NIL Hunter doesnt even sniff Jackson St. Thats a player FSU cant use against us. Without NIL Texas A&M doesn't have that #1 class. And Without NIL those players wouldn't be able to transfer as they are likely to do in a couple cycles when it aint working out how they thought.
It's not nothing, but I don't think this levels the field.

Texas A&M is a good team, they can get up and beat anyone as shown by them beating Bama. They also can lose to anyone, based on recent history that is. I don't know what their QB situation will be like. Previous staff has managed to get us beaten by average QB play so hopefully that changes.

I still gonna trust the HC that went into the horseshoe and physically dominated Ohio St with a not so good QB. Excited for the season and the rise we about to witness.

Advertisement
Texas A&M is a good team, they can get up and beat anyone as shown by them beating Bama. They also can lose to anyone, based on recent history that is. I don't know what their QB situation will be like. Previous staff has managed to get us beaten by average QB play so hopefully that changes.

I still gonna trust the HC that went into the horseshoe and physically dominated Ohio St with a not so good QB. Excited for the season and the rise we about to witness.
They’re a high variance team this season. They can play it safe and start Johnson and win 8 games or play king or weigman and be fun as **** to watch and hard to stop… and win 7 haha

Advertisement
Yes. To avoid the one-year sit out. It's either May 1 or June 1, I need to double-check.

The rule is a safeguard against a guy making a decision on, say, August 15th, and then being eligible to play at another school 24 hours later.
I believe the rule is that the student-athlete must declare his intent to transfer by May 1 (Feb 1 in the SEC), not actually sign with a new school.

What does “declare his intent” mean? Not sure. But I would think entering the portal is enough to meet the burden.

When Mims comes this week.. show him our depth chart at OT (and watch his eyes get big at how pathetic it is; yeah kid, you aint at UGA anymore buddy.) , show him to Prime 112, then show him the MONEY! This should be a quick trip and quick decision. Make him an offer so good he shuts it down right afterwards.

As far as Ferman, nothing wrong with him getting back into the "in crowd" when it comes to getting sources. Ive said it before, Mario wants to get the family back together and Ferman is absolutely apart of that. Whether people like him or not.

Advertisement
I believe the rule is that the student-athlete must declare his intent to transfer by May 1 (Feb 1 in the SEC), not actually sign with a new school.

What does “declare his intent” mean? Not sure. But I would think entering the portal is enough to meet the burden.

I think you are right about that (i.e., entering the portal by May 1 is enough). From the NCAA website:

"Additionally, a student-athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer by May 1 if they participate in a fall or winter sport, or July 1 if they participate in a spring sport to use the one-time exception. Other rules (e.g., disciplinary suspension at the previous school, transferable credits accepted by your new school, sport specific midyear transfer rules) may also factor into the campus compliance administrator’s certification of transfer eligibility."

On a separate (but related) note, if the hints about "other issues" slowing down the Jacksonville State transfer, I'd be willing to bet that he has a pending disciplinary issue at Jacksonville State that will be resolved in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back