Amari Daniels

Now I know you must have some sort of genetic defect. Cook was nowhere near as clutch as Dunn

watch .34 seconds in the two plays against the bears

Cook did not have that lateral quickness and stop and start. Keep in mind he’s doing that against the pros not a Mark Donofrio defense.

Cook ain’t down **** in the pros

Think he means cook is more explosive like first step in a hole and he's gone.

Advertisement
But Cook has more longer TD runs. Dunn was great but I think Cook did everything he could. I never saw Dunn hit homeruns like Cook. I believe Dunn offense allowed him to catch more passes. I mean either one would be their best RBs easily.
Dunn, Cook, Greg Jones, Amp Lee in that order since I started watching MIA vs. FSU in 91. My choices and personal opinion is based on college football big games and not NFL seasons. Cook would be the clear cut best FSU rb in that list in regards to NFL career. I don't know about anything before 91, sorry.

Hmmm...

Chaney-Knighton-Franklin at 1 RB position (with the ability to run the QB or WRs)

OR

Van Dyke-Matocha at 1 QB position (it could happen if King leaves and Perry transfers and we don't sign anyone else)

OR

Ivey-Couch-Clarke-Dunson at 2 CB positions (it could happen if Blades leaves early and we don't sign anyone else)

Sorry, but a second running back is a luxury.

In today's game you play nickel a lot, so i count it as 3 CB spots.

You can't have 5 scholarship CBs for 3 spots. If Blades leaves, that's what we'd have right now with Burns as the commit and Curtis potentially switching to WR.....which is why i'm saying we need 2 more CBs. That would at least get us to 3 deep at boundary with a dedicated slot. To have allowed CB depth to get this bad, is unacceptable.

From an overall roster standpoint, it makes zero sense to carry 11 WRs and only 5 CBs, assuming only Harley leaves at WR and Curtis makes the switch. CB is a tough position and development takes time (especially if you don't run simple man concepts). You need depth.

Advertisement
In today's game you play nickel a lot, so i count it as 3 CB spots.

You can't have 5 scholarship CBs for 3 spots. If Blades leaves, that's what we'd have right now with Burns as the commit and Curtis potentially switching to WR.....which is why i'm saying we need 2 more CBs. That would at least get us to 3 deep at boundary with a dedicated slot. To have allowed CB depth to get this bad, is unacceptable.

From an overall roster standpoint, it makes zero sense to carry 11 WRs and only 5 CBs, assuming only Harley leaves at WR and Curtis makes the switch. CB is a tough position and development takes time (especially if you don't run simple man concepts). You need depth.

If Curtis isnt going to be a CB he shouldn't be in the class. I agree we need another CB much more than another WR. I do think Avantae Williams could best fit at that nickel spot though

Advertisement
Dunn, Cook, Greg Jones, Amp Lee in that order since I started watching MIA vs. FSU in 91. My choices and personal opinion is based on college football big games and not NFL seasons. Cook would be the clear cut best FSU rb in that list in regards to NFL career. I don't know about anything before 91, sorry.
Sammie Smith wayyyyy better than all those guys IN COLLEGE. The Fins drafted him #9 overall. He was about 230lbs running a 4.3-4.4 40. For those of you that need a more recent comparison, Steven Jackson is a good one. Sammie’s problem was he couldn’t hold onto the football with gloves made of Elmer's. He was exposed in the NFL.

Sammie Smith wayyyyy better than all those guys IN COLLEGE. The Fins drafted him #9 overall. He was about 230lbs running a 4.3-4.4 40. For those of you that need a more recent comparison, Steven Jackson is a good one. Sammie’s problem was he couldn’t hold onto the football with gloves made of Elmer's. He was exposed in the NFL.
Sammie was good , Dunn was good but nobody scared me like cook. Every time he touched the hall I held my breath. **** was so explosive , elusive when just hard to get down.

I heard from a local HS football coach that I respect that Amari Daniels is the best RB is South Florida. I also heard some great buzz about Franklin. I heard a local coach say that Franklin has been working hard to get better. I have seen them both play, and Daniels runs hard, is fearless and very fast. Franklin is a big strong back who is hard to tackle. both are very good and obviously different type of RBs. Still, I haven’t seen enough to compare them and say who is better. I would love it if the Canes can get both, and have the best RBs from Miami-Dade and Broward in back-to-back recruiting classes.

Advertisement
Sammie was good , Dunn was good but nobody scared me like cook. Every time he touched the hall I held my breath. **** was so explosive , elusive when just hard to get down.
Yeah but how much of that was Dorito with Cook? Dunn had better lateral steps and was much faster. Sammie was a monster. Luckily we had pro bowl LBs during those years. I don’t think one LB is still in the NFL from Dorito. There sure as heck aren’t any that have done anything significant. Ray Ray is the only one that started meaningful snaps and he played safety at UM.

Yeah but how much of that was Dorito with Cook? Dunn had better lateral steps and was much faster. Sammie was a monster. Luckily we had pro bowl LBs during those years. I don’t think one LB is still in the NFL from Dorito. There sure as heck aren’t any that have done anything significant. Ray Ray is the only one that started meaningful snaps and he played safety at UM.

Don’t think I didn’t think that as well lol. I honestly think he’s their best rb I’ve seen there and I’m 42 but Dorito helped him. What he’s doing in the pros kinda cements it imo. Dunn was a nice change of pace guy teaming with Alstot but Cook was just different.

I heard from a local HS football coach that I respect that Amari Daniels is the best RB is South Florida. I also heard some great buzz about Franklin. I heard a local coach say that Franklin has been working hard to get better. I have seen them both play, and Daniels runs hard, is fearless and very fast. Franklin is a big strong back who is hard to tackle. both are very good and obviously different type of RBs. Still, I haven’t seen enough to compare them and say who is better. I would love it if the Canes can get both, and have the best RBs from Miami-Dade and Broward in back-to-back recruiting classes.

I can respect that , I know his hs coach thinks that but most people in the area think it’s Thad by a mile.

Advertisement
I can respect that , I know his hs coach thinks that but most people in the area think it’s Thad by a mile.
Yep. I recall overhearing the coaches at Central say that James Cook was better than his big brother, Dalvin. I saw them both play, and both were good, but Dalvin was better by a country mile. I liked James Cook, but I didn’t think James Cook was a top five RB in South Florida.

Once central starts playing games again, I will look at Daniels play, then make my own assessment

Amari is a better back . Thad is good, a big back but I have watch him 2 year in a row and if comes to the U I don’t see him getting that much burn . He is more of a big 12 type of guy he fits Wisconsin system. Maybe I can be wrong but I think amari is our type of back. I watched him run as well and he fits our system better the Thad does. He can be a every down back here.

I really like franklin in a lashlee offense but daniels imo is a kid we’ll regret it if he leaves. Wish he was a half step faster but he has elite vision, insincts, balance, burst, cutting and just has that thing that is hard to find in a back, imo. Not gore or sanders quick (just by example, not fair to compare to them). But a kid who will make plays wherever he goes.

Amari is a better back . Thad is good, a big back but I have watch him 2 year in a row and if comes to the U I don’t see him getting that much burn . He is more of a big 12 type of guy he fits Wisconsin system. Maybe I can be wrong but I think amari is our type of back. I watched him run as well and he fits our system better the Thad does. He can be a every down back here.
I recall seeing Cook play as a sophomore, junior and senior, and Cook got better every year. His sophomore season, I thought Cook was very fast, but one-dimensional and not as complete RB as Joseph Yearby, and definitely was not in the same class as Duke Johnson ( who was a senior at Norland), who was king of South Florida RBs. Then, each year Cook just got better and better and more complete, then by his senior year, I couldn’t believe how much he had improved. Cook was clearly better than Yearby by the end of his senior season.

I am not saying that Daniels is as good as Dalvin Cook, but IMHO, Daniels definitely belongs in the Devonta Freeman and Joe Yearby discussion, with the potential to get better if he puts in the work. I am anxious to see him this season

Advertisement
Back