Amari Daniels

there's gotta be a back we can take that's better then him.

i dont see anything about him that translates to the college level. maybe as a senior he'll be serviceable. is that what we want?

he's 5'9 and runs a 4.6. he isn't strong at all and has a small build.

again, if he wasn't some youth football star in south florida, you wouldn't even know who he is.
How about you come with a name and highlight tape of a back or two you like instead of a generic “there’s gotta be a better back”

Let’s see what you got

Advertisement
Don’t think I didn’t think that as well lol. I honestly think he’s their best rb I’ve seen there and I’m 42 but Dorito helped him. What he’s doing in the pros kinda cements it imo. Dunn was a nice change of pace guy teaming with Alstot but Cook was just different.
Agree Cook is a different animal

Agree Cook is a different animal
i remember my firs ttime watching cook. i didn't really follow recruiting as I did now, but I was watching the MIami Central vs Don Bosco game on my TV to take a look at Yearby. i didn't even know who cook was. i watched this RB just look like a straight bullet coming out of whole and housed 2 long runs I was luck umm....I think we got the wrong back.

i remember my firs ttime watching cook. i didn't really follow recruiting as I did now, but I was watching the MIami Central vs Don Bosco game on my TV to take a look at Yearby. i didn't even know who cook was. i watched this RB just look like a straight bullet coming out of whole and housed 2 long runs I was luck umm....I think we got the wrong back.
Everyone on the planet minus cane homers knew we got the wrong back. I couldn't believe people defended Yearby

Advertisement

i dont see anything about him that translates to the college level. maybe as a senior he'll be serviceable. is that what we want?

again, if he wasn't some youth football star in south florida, you wouldn't even know who he is.
People said the same thing about Cam Harris , they didn’t think he will be anything at the collegiate level and it’s not about his speed the kid got vision and some wiggle , he little but he know how to make defenders miss. I watched a lot of him in person , he was doing this against the best competition in dade county , even when he went out of state to play high schools like Bishop Gorman and St Frances he had highlights , no he is not a 5 star back but he definitely can develop and be a great back just like cam , he is no dalvin cook or duke Johnson ,Miami central has so many talented back that he don’t get to carry the ball 20 times a games like Thad do but the kid is good and yalll acting he don’t have offers from other big schools.

Last edited:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is less than 5’9” and ran a 4.6. We’re also not asking him to be RB1.

Wondering when people will stop using 40 times as a measure of a running back’s skill. Bet if he had the exact same tape but was a 4-star you’d be killing the staff for not having him committed.

Everyone on the planet minus cane homers knew we got the wrong back. I couldn't believe people defended Yearby
I agree cook was the better back,but his recruitment was all over the place i think he first committed to Clemson then the gatas then fsu.and yearby the kid played good for us even got over a 1k one season the only wrong he did was leave early.i dont think its fair to bash him over cook who never had intentions to represent his home team.so *** cook

Advertisement
I agree cook was the better back,but his recruitment was all over the place i think he first committed to Clemson then the gatas then fsu.and yearby the kid played good for us even got over a 1k one season the only wrong he did was leave early.i dont think its fair to bash him over cook who never had intentions to represent his home team.so *** cook
I've never been 100% sure what his "commitment" to Clemson meant.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is less than 5’9” and ran a 4.6. We’re also not asking him to be RB1.

Wondering when people will stop using 40 times as a measure of a running back’s skill. Bet if he had the exact same tape but was a 4-star you’d be killing the staff for not having him committed.
clyde edwards has tree trunk legs.

daniels looks like a little kid. there's a difference.

Advertisement
How about you come with a name and highlight tape of a back or two you like instead of a generic “there’s gotta be a better back”

Let’s see what you got

How about we do NOT take a second back when we have greater needs at QB/CB, and we have the ability/possibility to get a 5 star LB instead of a 3 star RB?

I don't understand this obsession that some people have with Amari Daniels. Just a couple of months ago, people were yapping about how a couple of our WR recruits could handle a few handoffs.

If we go to 30 ICs, sign Daniels. If not, there is a long list of other positions that take priority.

Advertisement
He's not slow. He's a 4.45-4.55 guy. We could easily lose Burns and Harris this year. Unless the staff is certain burns stays then we should 100% be recruiting him. I don't see any SFL studs in next years RB's class.
Lmao he isnt a 4.45 guy. Youre nuts.

James cook was 2x the player he was in hs and looked faster and hea nothjng in college. Theyre both similar builds as well

How about we do NOT take a second back when we have greater needs at QB/CB, and we have the ability/possibility to get a 5 star LB instead of a 3 star RB?

I don't understand this obsession that some people have with Amari Daniels. Just a couple of months ago, people were yapping about how a couple of our WR recruits could handle a few handoffs.

If we go to 30 ICs, sign Daniels. If not, there is a long list of other positions that take priority.
So you trying to just take a filler or quality in those last spots??

if we can fill with a quality QB or CB than no doubt

but if your saying take a flyer for the sake of taking a flyer I think that’s ridiculous

Lmao he isnt a 4.45 guy. Youre nuts.

James cook was 2x the player he was in hs and looked faster and hea nothjng in college. Theyre both similar builds as well
First of all i said 4.45 to 4.55. He ran a 11.07 as a sophmore in HS. That 100m matches up with that range if youre projecting a slight improvement from sophmore to senior year. James cook sucks in college because he was great athlete masquerading as a RB. Amari has been a RB his whole life. I'm not enamored with the kid but next years SFL RB is garbage. Our current #1 RB target next class is another RB from Orlando who's being heavily recruited nationally with nobody targeted from SFL i'm aware of. OOS and Orlando backs have rarely done well here.

Obviously Burns staying takes pressure off signing Amari. But if Burns leaves 2022 is not the class to be looking for 2 RB's. That's not even mentioning Thad's shaky commitment.

If it costs Garcia I'm in cause he's not a good qb
I might agree lol. But Idk how many spots we have left. Like if we only had 2 and it meant no Brown + Lewis? I definitely would be opposed. **** I'd rather get an additional CB that is highly ranked than Daniels too. Idk why people here are looking at our RB depth, and extremely concerned, but not looking at our CB depth and not extremely concerned! We are in a far worse position at CB than RB imo.. I get losing Cam and Burns would be really bad for depth. But if we lose Blades, we'll literally have DJ Ivey, Tecory Couch, Marcus Clarke, Isaiah Dunson, Tim Burns, and Malik Curtis.... That is ******* garbage, considering 4 of them are FR or RSFR. Brown and if we can get another top CB are vastly more important than a RB...

Advertisement
Back