Amari Daniels

Gus Edwards is the guy that Burns reminds me of.
A guy that didn't produce a lot with us but still makes it to the league.
He seems to have the talent despite limited playing time.
I agree I don't get the hate for him. Doesn't do anything but keep his head down and grind. I know he's also insanely involved in the community. Hope he gets more burn down the road

Advertisement
Gus Edwards is the guy that Burns reminds me of.
A guy that didn't produce a lot with us but still makes it to the league.
He seems to have the talent despite limited playing time.
Burns is significantly more talented than Edwards. Injuries have ruined this kids career, thus far.

He likes AM a lot and is very close with their staff. FSU probably makes a late push if they feel they can’t get thad. Point is this isn’t over , not even close.

Advertisement
I agree I don't get the hate for him. Doesn't do anything but keep his head down and grind. I know he's also insanely involved in the community. Hope he gets more burn down the road
Burns runs a lot harder and with better pad level than Gus ever did here, which will be one if the enduring mysteries of all time.. He's just been a victim of injuries and being stuck behind more talented backs. The way we rotate backs Burns is an ankle turn away from getting meaningful carries.

This is actually true, finally. With this year being an eligibility wash, Burns could come back for depth. I'd guess he grad transfers somewhere to get some run though. But I'd love him back. He's rarely been healthy but I've liked what I've seen from him in his limited snaps so far this year.

He went to Coral Gables High. All of his surgeries mean that he's never going to be drafted or play in the NFL. Transferring somewhere will do nothing for him as a football player. Stay home, get a grad degree, play on a team that has a legit shot at the ACC-CG in 2021 and/or the Final Four playoffs.

Advertisement
He went to Coral Gables High. All of his surgeries mean that he's never going to be drafted or play in the NFL. Transferring somewhere will do nothing for him as a football player. Stay home, get a grad degree, play on a team that has a legit shot at the ACC-CG in 2021 and/or the Final Four playoffs.

That's very, very, speculative. Frank Gore destroyed both his knees and is 847 years old and starting in the NFL.

My point is, if the NFL is still this kid's dream, he is going to need to show he can go out and take a full season's beatings and stay healthy and put reps on tape.

I hear what you are saying, and its one perspective, but maybe you should let the kid decide when and if he gives up on his dream and maybe you should let his play and his medical evals decide whether he will ever have a shot at the NFL before you say absolute things like "he is never going to play in the NFL." Especially if you think he is good enough to "play on a team that has a legit shot at the ACC-CG in 2021 and/or the Final Four playoffs."

That's very, very, speculative. Frank Gore destroyed both his knees and is 847 years old and starting in the NFL.

My point is, if the NFL is still this kid's dream, he is going to need to show he can go out and take a full season's beatings and stay healthy and put reps on tape.

I hear what you are saying, and its one perspective, but maybe you should let the kid decide when and if he gives up on his dream and maybe you should let his play and his medical evals decide whether he will ever have a shot at the NFL before you say absolute things like "he is never going to play in the NFL." Especially if you think he is good enough to "play on a team that has a legit shot at the ACC-CG in 2021 and/or the Final Four playoffs."

Post-knee surgeries, Frank Gore put up stats. At Miami. Not at some grad-transfer destination in the Group of Five.

I'm not "deciding" for the kid, I'm just laying out some very valid reasons why he stays.

And there is a difference between staying on a team for depth, and being expected to be the starter on that same team.

He is never going to play in the NFL.

Advertisement
Not true. Dunn was the definition of a game changer. Go back and watch our game vs them in 96. We're right there with them for a half until Dunn just killed us.
Man we were on probation and they were rolling. Go look how Cook was hitting 75 yarders on Clemson and in big games. Dunn was great but Cook was different. Cook just rushed for what 1800 yards in the league, when has Dunn ever done that in one season?

Man we were on probation and they were rolling. Go look how Cook was hitting 75 yarders on Clemson and in big games. Dunn was great but Cook was different. Cook just rushed for what 1800 yards in the league, when has Dunn ever done that in one season?
The league is something different.. And by the way, Dunn had himself quite a nice NFL career. Meanwhile at FSU Dunn actually had a higher YPC avg (almost 7!) than Cook, about the same career rushing yards, and way more receptions and receiving yards, so.. yea.

The league is something different.. And by the way, Dunn had himself quite a nice NFL career. Meanwhile at FSU Dunn actually had a higher YPC avg (almost 7!) than Cook, about the same career rushing yards, and way more receptions and receiving yards, so.. yea.
But Cook has more longer TD runs. Dunn was great but I think Cook did everything he could. I never saw Dunn hit homeruns like Cook. I believe Dunn offense allowed him to catch more passes. I mean either one would be their best RBs easily.

Advertisement
He likes AM a lot and is very close with their staff. FSU probably makes a late push if they feel they can’t get thad. Point is this isn’t over , not even close.
This makes all the sense. Question, in a pinch, think B. Smith can be a depth piece at RB his first year? Still can get ball in his hands and have him play a receiving role as long as can pick up blocking. Might be a solve for numbers this class, and then in 22 we take two RBs

Advertisement
Back