Amari Daniels

Advertisement
We run the ball way too much to not take Daniels in this class. Need 2 RBs in 2021 and keep the rostered number at 5.

If there’s 4 slots left we need a CB, QB, DE, and RB in that order. Beyond that, another DT, another CB, and maybe another DE if theres room. Then, of course you always take the elite guys if they want in but we should be done at WR, LB, S/STK, OL, and TE.

I don't know if his commitment is/was being held back because of the numbers tightening up. I know he's the 2nd back for Texas A&M prospects because Jimbo is all in on recruiting LJ Johnson as their #1 RB. Johnson is rated the #4 RB and Daniels is rated #6 APB in this 2021 class per 247Sports.

I hope Amari becomes a Cane. I think he would fit in well with the Lashlee offense.
Never let playmakers leave home : remember Freemen who went to FSU and kicked our butts later

Advertisement
Advertisement
Burns seems like he's been here about 12 years already and with this year not counting will probably be here about 6 more..lol
Nah, if Burns is healthy all year he will definitely transfer. Not sure why he would want to be behind Rooster, Chaney, Thad and maybe Amari

Nah, if Burns is healthy all year he will definitely transfer. Not sure why he would want to be behind Rooster, Chaney, Thad and maybe Amari
I don’t mean this as a slight toward Burns but I don’t think football is his only passion.

He’s gotten involved in producing music and really cares about putting work into the community.

I don’t know his thoughts but to me it looks like he doesn’t mind getting the limited touches to where he stays healthy, and can stay in Miami to work on his other interests.

Advertisement
@Cribby 100. From a roster management perspective, we likely (definitely barring injury) loose Cam. Burns sticking around another year is not likely. That means 3 RBs at a physically grueling position. This is same reason we need CBs and QBs. Forget quality. We have pure numbers issue at certain positions.

RB are averaging 34 touchers per game in this offense right now. There are enough touches to go around and injuries hit RB rooms hard all over the country every year. We need to have 4 RBs on the roster going into next year. We are also going to lose King's carries... likely closer to 40 touches per game available

I don’t mean this as a slight toward Burns but I don’t think football is his only passion.

He’s gotten involved in producing music and really cares about putting work into the community.

I don’t know his thoughts but to me it looks like he doesn’t mind getting the limited touches to where he stays healthy, and can stay in Miami to work on his other interests.
I didn’t know that. Good to know. He might just enjoy football and if he is okay always being used as a practice squad guy to mock opposing teams backs then that’s not a bad practice squad guy to have!

Advertisement
Daniels clearly deserves to be a Cane. But I just can't get over the 25 cap. There's no way the NCAA removes that, since they want to discourage increasing the number of transfers more than they already have. And if we have 2 left, maybe can squeeze in 3-4, how does a second RB make the "needs" list?

The one scenario where RB2 becomes critical is if Burns pulls a Gus Edwards and believes he can start and have a shot at the NFL by transferring.

We need CBs much more though. And a 5* player at a defensive position is much more important than another RB this class.
And we could still have 4 RBs - Rooster, Chaney, Thad, Burns. I think that's fine for a year, and I'd rather have top defensive players tbh.
Amari will eat like Rooster in our offense

Advertisement
Back