Amari Daniels quote

Advertisement
He’s hilarious! Miami probably not recruiting him, because he hasn’t accepted any of the invites from Miami. Does he not know that Miami is giving Yulkeith Brown, Jacorey Brooks, and others the red carpet treatment??? Lol.

I said before and I’ll say again. These kids don’t want to go Miami and just making excuse as to why they don’t want to because they feel like people expect them too.

Advertisement
Park an RV in front of this kids house and hand him bills every time he walks out of his front door.

Only 1 phrase for this kid:

D078B517-A2DB-4584-8EEE-E3ACC032E96D.gif

Daniels wants to be a Cane and always wanted to be one. I say sign him and let him compete. People on here are always talking about kids don’t like competing theses days

Advertisement
It's an interesting take. From my data, I have Miami with a total of 17 commitments from Northwestern since 2002:

2002: Travarous Bain
2003: Leo Waiters
2004: Khalil Jones
2004: Romeo Davis
2005: Christopher Barney
2008: Marcus Forston
2008: Aldarius Johnson
2008: Benjamin Jones
2008: Jacory Harris
2008: Sean Spence
2008: Tommy Streeter
2008: Kendall Thompkins
2013: Artie Burns
2014: Mike Smith
2014: Ryan Mayes
2018: Nigel Bethel
2019: Samuel Brooks

Just 5 since the mammoth 2008 class. So per your question, how much is it Miami "failing to recruit", and how much is it SEC domination and influence?

Where's the list of kids from Miami NW that went elsewhere during this time? How many were highly rated and/or became great players? That is the other side of the argument. I tried running a search in 247 and it wasn't spitting out any names but i'm sure some on here know of them.

Don't know why people are taking his comments to heart. He's just a kid expressing himself and wants to be recruited by Miami at the same level other schools are recruiting him. That may not be the best strategy for Miami with Thad Franklin up the street and 2 recently enrolled running backs.

Maybe Miami does need to recruit harder, but they are prioritizing the big name schools he is talking about. Miami's 2021 class has 8 commits - 7 from Miami and 1 from Broward (Borregales, kicker). 3 commits from Northwestern, 1 from central, 1 from South Dade, 1 from North Miami, and 1 from Palmetto. And a bunch of the top south Florida kids decommitted already.

Ironically, a Broward school like Deerfield didn't receive much attention until Field and Hickson came on the staff.
We’ve traditionally stunk at back-up plans. Franklin may well go SEC.

Advertisement
Where's the list of kids from Miami NW that went elsewhere during this time? How many were highly rated and/or became great players? That is the other side of the argument. I tried running a search in 247 and it wasn't spitting out any names but i'm sure some on here know of them.
Miami can’t get every player in Miami.

Park an RV in front of this kids house and hand him bills every time he walks out of his front door.
For what? He still ain't gonna come here. Again he has not progressed like many hoped coming into high school. D1 player but more of a antonella smith light or yearby light type of player. We need game breaking types. Just fill a bag up for franklin

I see no harm in his comments. He wants Miami to recruit him harder than we are.Sounds like he’d be interested if we did. We have coaches on this site that say Miami isn’t as present as other programs and needs to recruit better, too.

Now if we recruit him hard and he still leaves (e.g. like what happened withJordan Battle) then he’s a punk.

p.s. Putting all our eggs in the Franklin basket seems unwise to me. Not saying Daniels should be #2 on our board, but we need a board.

Advertisement
MIAMI has had recruiting flaws with some of the locals, they sometimes wait to long before they come hard after locals.. FANS ON HERE, talk about it all the time, SO the kid has a point.. BUT SoFla recruit's do leave the hometown out to dry more than none, I'm talking all type of recruits it's not just the studs do it, plan b and c recruit's leave The U at the alter too.. AND this has happened a lot of late (in the last 10 years for sure)..

SO I see this going both ways, kid's thinking Miami comes late to the party for a lot of locals recruit's BUT a lot of these locals that MIAMI has made priority also left the home team hanging at the alter!!

Just another dopey kid spewing what the bag chasing leeches around him have ingrained in his impressionable young undeveloped brain. That **** reeks of a script from the SEC bag chasing kkk groupie adult leeches in South Florida.

Then he closes out with he’s an SEC back. LOL at this kkk groupie brainwashed **** down here.

We’ve traditionally stunk at back-up plans. Franklin may well go SEC.

Very true, but can't say Daniels has shown enough to be a viable backup plan. For example I believe Parrish is a better prospect. His maxpreps page shows 33 carries for 388 yards and the other running backs had similar yards per carry averages (Maxpreps only had 8 games w/ his stats). That's big bet on a junior with his production and not great size. In the state championship game he ran for 188 yards and four touchdowns on 16 carries, but Kejon Owens, who is orally committed to the FIU Panthers, ran for 165 yards and three touchdowns on 10 carries. Even Juan Henry, the third running back in the rotation in Daytona Beach, ran for 116 yards on 12 carries (Miami Herald). There are legitimate questions about him if we plan to only take 1 running back this cycle. He reminds me of Yearby a bit.

We'll see if Telly Lockette being on staff creates more communication between Miami and Daniels because Daniels has been begging for the 'Canes to recruit him harder since last fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back