Amari Cooper on campus for OV?

One of the few passes I disagreed with this cycle. Kid is the best receiver in the state.

IIRC, the word was that we didn't pass at all. He supposedly wanted to commit after Golden's camp, and we wanted to accept, but his mom insisted he take his visits.

I'm not trying to say it sounds like mom wanted a payday...but it sounds like mom wanted a payday.

Advertisement
so says footballcane. would be a nice grab and info jives with what Bakas has been saying, that Amari "is still very much in the picture"

Advertisement
I agree he lost TONS of credibility but it wouldn't at all surprise me if he's playing it safe to save face.

Advertisement
Its a longshot but at least he's on campus. He was a silent for a while at one point but for some reason we never let him go public which is when the whole "mom wants me to look at my options" thing started.

Its a longshot but at least he's on campus. He was a silent for a while at one point but for some reason we never let him go public which is when the whole "mom wants me to look at my options" thing started.

i remember this.

he would make our WR class an instant A+ if he came aboard and its not out of the question he doesnt pick us. our coaches have been at MNW ALOT this last week so who knows?

Advertisement
Its tough to take a recruit away from Saban but we'll see. That would be a **** of a job by the staff though.

Golden and co. have to eventually pull that one to show everyone he is one of the big dogs. You know he has got to have that big dog mentality right now. Doing things his way, but if he wants a big time guy he can pull them too type of deal. They are going to pull out all the stops on some big time guys, such as Goldman, Cooper, Bush, Howard etc... and someone has to take the bait IMO.

With Streeter leaving the card Golden in holding is immediate playing time for the freshman WR with the chops to take it.

That's a pretty strong draw.

And the other card for a South Florida kid is the opportunity to play in front of family and friends.

Third is a chance to help build a top program back to national prominence.

Saban can't offer the first two.

No other coach can offer those three wrapped in one package.

Advertisement
Interesting if true.

Mike still says there was a secret OV last week that never was reported. He didn't give his name because the coaches didn't want it out there. First silent commits, now silent visits. If true, hope it was PJ Williams.

You can't take recruiting too seriously or you will go crazy.

Advertisement
Back