Amari Carter

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's genuinely one of the most embarrassing defensive plays I've ever seen. It looks like something from The Three Stooges.
it's embarrassing, but take note of the huge block in the back on 5 by the lineman right after... you think our OT gets away with that running down the field so obvious????

Talent > Scheme.

Carter isn't great On a lot of boards, both Williams and Michael Carter are Top 5 NFL backs. They're going to embarrass a lot of non-NFL Safeties. Sure did against us. Recruit better players. Hopefully Tae Williams and James Williams can match up athletically when we play these teams who have Day 1-2 NFL picks.

Lol at trying to put a shoulder into that RB instead of wrapping up. How is it not drilled into his head at this point? He's supposed to be a 4.0 student?

You blame the kid but I blame the coaching. He's been here 4 years and still doing the same **** he did freshman year? Is he supposed to correct this issue on my himself? Isnt that why Manny, Baker, Rumph (RIP), etc are paid 6-7 figures for?

Amari, like Gurvan, is a product of poor coaching. They never really progressed. And the person responsible for part of their progression, was repositioned this offseason, not fired.

When you see seniors making freshmen mistakes, it's the coaching. If the player simply cant correct the issue, then play his backup!

You blame the kid but I blame the coaching. He's been here 4 years and still doing the same **** he did freshman year? Is he supposed to correct this issue on my himself? Isnt that why Manny, Baker, Rumph (RIP), etc are paid 6-7 figures for?

Amari, like Gurvan, is a product of poor coaching. They never really progressed. And the person responsible for part of their progression, was repositioned this offseason, not fired.

When you see seniors making freshmen mistakes, it's the coaching. If the player simply cant correct the issue, then play his backup!
You can’t always blame coaches. His targets aren’t on coaches. Red wine, JJ, Carter, Jenkins, even knowles responded to the coaching here

Advertisement
Agree but I blame the coaches for not sticking his *** on the bench after his fifteenth targeting call.
Oh I agree on that. He clearly struggles. Hall is night and day when he is paired with bubba. He’s a mark richt type recruit. The last two classes show the days of those kids are over. Tae, jw, Harrell,
Kam, balom. That’s is our deepest position. Everyone of those kids will likely
Make the nfl

You can’t always blame coaches. His targets aren’t on coaches. Red wine, JJ, Carter, Jenkins, even knowles responded to the coaching here
100% agree. Players need to put in the work and be held accountable. Redwine and JJ (hs teammates) put in the work.

I hate bashing players without examining if coaching is an issue. For as much as people bash an Amari Carter or Robert Knowles understand this, neither really progressed here (Knowles maybe his last year) and some of the guys being bashed here had no business being recruited here is the first place.

For example, we trot DJ Ivey out every game. He makes the same mistakes every game. He's about to enter his senior year! If it's all of him, then he wasnt a UM caliber recruit to begin with.

100% agree. Players need to put in the work and be held accountable. Redwine and JJ (hs teammates) put in the work.

I hate bashing players without examining if coaching is an issue. For as much as people bash an Amari Carter or Robert Knowles understand this, neither really progressed here (Knowles maybe his last year) and some of the guys being bashed here had no business being recruited here is the first place.

For example, we trot DJ Ivey out every game. He makes the same mistakes every game. He's about to enter his senior year! If it's all of him, then he wasnt a UM caliber recruit to begin with.
Honestly. It’s not even that Ivey makes the same mistakes. He’s not that horrible from a techinique standpoint. It’s that he’s just not a P5 athlete. No one can coach him into a stud

Advertisement
Advertisement
Carter is one of seven 5th year potential starters on defense. If Manny follows his own formula of starting upperclassmen, the other 4 starters would be entering their 4th year, meaning this could be Miami's most experienced starting unit ever.

Everyone is excited about the newbs but we should not discount the possibility of heavy relaince on vets early despite fans demanding to see James Williams, Leonard Taylor and Avantae.

As we saw with Baker, Rumph, Stroud this offseason, Manny is Mr. Nice Guy and will hook these kids up for choosing to return, which might not be a bad strategy if we're to permanently change the culture of kids leaving school prematurely.

Don't be surprised to see this depth chart week 1!

DE McCloud, Harvey
DT Silvera, Taylor
DT Ford, Hunte
DE Johnson, Cam

LB Steed, Brooks
LB Jennings, Flagg
ST Frierson, Keontra

CB Blades, Couch
SS Carter, Avantae
FS Bolden, Williams
CB Ivey, Stevenson

Carter is one of seven 5th year potential starters on defense. If Manny follows his own formula of starting upperclassmen, the other 4 starters would be entering their 4th year, meaning this could be Miami's most experienced starting unit ever.

Everyone is excited about the newbs but we should not discount the possibility of heavy relaince on vets early despite fans demanding to see James Williams, Leonard Taylor and Avantae.

As we saw with Baker, Rumph, Stroud this offseason, Manny is Mr. Nice Guy and will hook these kids up for choosing to return, which might not be a bad strategy if we're to permanently change the culture of kids leaving school prematurely.

DE McCloud, Harvey
DT Silvera, Taylor
DT Ford, Hunte
DE Johnson, Cam

LB Steed, Brooks
LB Jennings, Flagg
ST Frierson, Keontra

CB Blades, Couch
SS Carter, Avantae
FS Bolden, Williams
CB Ivey, Stevenson
I'll tell you right now...Harvey got his spot on lock

DE McCloud, Harvey
DT Silvera, Taylor
DT Ford, Hunte
DE Johnson, Cam

LB Steed, Brooks
LB Jennings, Flagg
ST Frierson, Keontra

CB Blades, Couch
SS Carter, Avantae
FS Bolden, Williams
CB Ivey, Stevenson
Wouldn't be surprised but I certainly would be disgusted. That would be the most pathetic defense assembled in my lifetime.

Advertisement
Back