Amari Carter

So all CBs except Young will play some safety this spring per the herald.
Which pretty much let's us know Young, Delaney & Dean will be the starters, once they're all together in the Summer...

And, the rest of the Corners are basically fighting for who gets to stick at CB & who will be moved to FS.

Advertisement
Which pretty much let's us know Young, Delaney & Dean will be the starters, once they're all together in the Summer...

And, the rest of the Corners are basically fighting for who gets to stick at CB & who will be moved to FS.

Bandy will be nasty covering the slot though. I think he'll see the field a lot!

you put alot of faith in dean who didnt even start at juco...hes not beating out redwine....

• Safety Amari Carter: UM coaches rave about his tackling ability, and defensive coordinator Manny Diaz said the four best tacklers will play in the secondary. Carter will compete with Romeo Finley and Robert Knowles for the starting job opposite Jaquan Johnson. Jeff James also will get plenty of reps.

“I love tackling; I love the contact,” Carter said.

“I'm not an angry person so I'm not really sure [where the aggression comes from]. I flip the switch. People meeting me say, ‘I wouldn't think you would be that type of person on the field.’”

Safeties coach Ephraim Banda said Carter’s “maturity level for his age is remarkable. We need quote-unquote age, even if it’s not by the number, it’s by the maturity level. He provides that. He’s a businesslike young man.”

Carter said: “I just want to be one step ahead and get on the field and play.”

Keep in mind that Diaz said that every cornerback except Malek Young will get time at safety during spring ball.

Read more here: New UM defenders hope to follow in steps of three starting linebackers | Miami Herald

I guess that about sums it up.

Advertisement

you put alot of faith in dean who didnt even start at juco...hes not beating out redwine....
He did start at JUCO, he was just in a backfield with 3 other 4/5-star CB's so he was in rotation.

At Blinn, they don't start one guy the entire season, they let all of them get snaps to showcase'em for when they transfer to a D1.

5-star Kendall Sheffield was in the same Secondary as Dean, and he saw the same amount of snaps as him.

He did start at JUCO, he was just in a backfield with 3 other 4/5-star CB's so he was in rotation.

At Blinn, they don't start one guy the entire season, they let all of them get snaps to showcase'em for when they transfer to a D1.

5-star Kendall Sheffield was in the same Secondary as Dean, and he saw the same amount of snaps as him.

How many times we have to go over this before people get it?

The top 3 corners will probably be young, dean and this Delaney cat. If red wine is on the field regularly at cb it better be because someone is injured.

I really can't comment on the s position right now cause I haven't seen anyone play enough besides Johnson. He'll probably be one of the starters after that he'll if I know.

I think Redwine should be move to FS. But if he were in at CB for us, I wouldn't be too worried because I think our Front 7 is going to make all our DBs look like studs.

Advertisement
Redwine reminds me of Quentin Jammer. Jammer wasnt quick or fast.. and often got exposed against a team with a good oline or if he played with a bad pass rush. But man, if you get that guy with a good pass rush he was a beast corner. Qb would be sacked before you can get the ball to your man cause he wasnt letting them off the line of scrimmage.

Thats how i see Redwine. If you don't see it thats fine but my point isnt stupid.

Jammer is WAY faster than Redwine

Janmer ran a 4.7 or slower.... so Redwine running slower? Stop it.

Redwine reminds me of Quentin Jammer. Jammer wasnt quick or fast.. and often got exposed against a team with a good oline or if he played with a bad pass rush. But man, if you get that guy with a good pass rush he was a beast corner. Qb would be sacked before you can get the ball to your man cause he wasnt letting them off the line of scrimmage.

Thats how i see Redwine. If you don't see it thats fine but my point isnt stupid.

Jammer ran a laser timed 4.49 at the NFL combine before being drafted as the #5 pick overall. Stop being stupid

Check your facts bro, Jammer ran a 4.49 at the combine so idk where your pulling the 4.7 out of except maybe your ***. Jammer got exposed in the pros because his hips werent fluid enough to play corner not because of speed

[MENTION=16268]Suarez[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2215]tdub85[/MENTION]

You guys are correct my bad.

It was his shuttle time that was sub 4. and very pedestrian.

Advertisement
Jammers best asset as a corner wasn't his speed or his hips... it was his ability to jam.

That's my point. Without that he has no lucrative NFL career.

Jammers best asset as a corner wasn't his speed or his hips... it was his ability to jam.

Just because Redwine can be physical at the LOS doesn't mean he can cover. He got roasted up more than any CB on the roster last year. His lack of athleticism left him exposed too often last year. We'll see what happens with him, but he lost significant playing time over the course of last season, and I wouldn't expect it to be different this year. It might turn out different, but I sure wouldn't expect it.

Advertisement
proxy.php

Just because Redwine can be physical at the LOS doesn't mean he can cover. He got roasted up more than any CB on the roster last year. His lack of athleticism left him exposed too often last year. We'll see what happens with him, but he lost significant playing time over the course of last season, and I wouldn't expect it to be different this year. It might turn out different, but I sure wouldn't expect it.

Agreed. If he's our 5th Cornerback (behind Delaney, Young, Dean, and Bandy), that's not a terrible thing.

We got someone special in Carter. Should've been a consensus 4 star, but regardless I feel this young man will thrive both on and off the field. Between he and Finley, it might be a real problem crossing that middle for 2-3 years.

Advertisement
Back