Amari Carter

Where is all this young hype coming from? The dude is still raw at cb. He played more offense in high school than defense.
It's not hype, he played really well for us down the stretch in the 2nd half of the season, stepped up & made a lot of plays.

He was a legit starter for us in some tough games with crunch time plays in the Secondary that helped us a lot.

He played big when we were trying to turn our season around after being 4-4, he rarely was beat and was a very good tackler, finished the season with 22tcks & 1INT...

And considering he wasn't a week 1 starter he put up almost better stats than Redwine.

He's got tons of upside, and other than Red is the only CB we have that has legit game experience and shown he can ball.

Advertisement
Where is all this young hype coming from? The dude is still raw at cb. He played more offense in high school than defense.

It's probably coming from him playing so much and playing pretty **** well as a true freshmans. Just a guess though.

It's not hype, he played really well for us down the stretch in the 2nd half of the season, stepped up & made a lot of plays.

He was a legit starter for us in some tough games with crunch time plays in the Secondary that helped us a lot.

He played big when we were trying to turn our season around after being 4-4, he rarely was beat and was a very good tackler, finished the season with 22tcks & 1INT...

And considering he wasn't a week 1 starter he put up almost better stats than Redwine.

He's got tons of upside, and other than Red is the only CB we have that has legit game experience and shown he can ball.

I just dont remember all these plays he made. I didnt see anything that said he has a spot locked up already. He will have to fight for that spot.

Somebody give me the games young play the best in so i can go back and watch and see if im just not paying good enough attention.

Somebody give me the games young play the best in so i can go back and watch and see if im just not paying good enough attention.

i cant remember the games but there were flashes late in the season where he showed good physicality in run support and made an interception in the end zone i think it was against NCst. I dont think he has a spot locked up although he will challenge for a spot but being only 5'9" is a definite knock against him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Vs Pitt, Virginia, NC St, & Duke...

Look up his stats in those games, then go ahead & rewatch them to see how he played the whole game.

i cant remember the games but there were flashes late in the season where he showed good physicality in run support and made an interception in the end zone i think it was against NCst. I dont think he has a spot locked up but he will challenge for a spot but being only 5'9" is a definite knock against him.

Yea i remember the ncst game. Dude was solid but to be talking like its a guaranteed he start is crazy. Dean, delaney, and bandy might get on the field and outplay him.

Look up his stats in those games, then go ahead & rewatch them to see how he played the whole game.

Im gone check them out. Even though those are not good passing teams to really gauge anything.

download_image

Look at the score of the game & quarter it was, also where the Defense was...

A pick in the End Zone in the 3rd quarter when they were literally down by a TD.

Also, watch how he covered his man from the Snap on a crossing route.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Im gone check them out. Even though those are not good passing teams to really gauge anything.
He had 3tcks vs VA, 6tcks vs Pitt, 4 vs Duke & 6tcks plus a crucial pick vs NC St.

It's also not just his stats, with CB's you have to actually watch them play the whole game to see how the cover & if they're getting beat or how often they're affecting plays.

He played well late in the season in the games except Pitt imo. He was playing off the receiver to much and was allowing easy catches in that game. However in the final 4 games he played very well

download_image

Look at the score of the game & quarter it was, also where the Defense was...

A pick in the End Zone in the 3rd quarter when they were literally down by a TD.

Also, watch how he covered his man from the Snap on a crossing route.

Very impressive. What a difference this year vs. same time last year, when the only person we knew we could count on was Elder (and we had no idea how good he would be) with some high hopes for Redwine. Now we have 3 legitimate starters in Delaney, Rediwne and Young, plus a projected starter in Dean, and a stud Freshman in Bandy. Not to mention Deejay, who may ultimately end up at CB or S.

Advertisement
Somebody show me all the games where Young played terribly and show me all the plays where the WRs went off on him. Who the fck guaranteed him anything by the way? People are rightfully excited about him as a CB. That's all.

Someone show me all of his mat drills so I can see if he has that dog in him.

Somebody show me all the games where Young played terribly and show me all the plays where the WRs went off on him. Who the fck guaranteed him anything by the way? People are rightfully excited about him as a CB. That's all.

Played a ton of zone coverage which really helped him.

Advertisement
He played well late in the season in the games except Pitt imo. He was playing off the receiver to much and was allowing easy catches in that game. However in the final 4 games he played very well

Because they were playing zone. Diaz used a lot of bail technique too.

If you don't remember a CB, that's a good thing. Even a great CB will deflect an average of only 1 pass per game and intercept .5 balls per game. Many great CBs don't even get tested much.

Most of the other times, a CBs name is emphasized only when he gets his *** beat badly.

If you don't remember a CB, that's a good thing. Even a great CB will deflect an average of only 1 pass per game and intercept .5 balls per game. Many great CBs don't even get tested much.

Most of the other times, a CBs name is emphasized only when he gets his *** beat badly.

Ol , CB and refs. If we aren't talking about them they did their job.

Anyone that thinks Redwine or Michael Jackson are good are crazy.
I think Redwine could be good at FS. And Jackson has clearly shown he's not a good cb, so theirs really nothing to lose by playing him at FS. We know Jaquan is going to be a starting Safety. The question is who is the next best safety? If it turns out to be Redwine or Jackson then Jaquan will play SS. If the second best safety turns out to be Carter, then Jaqauan will play FS. This is pretty simple. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeff James beat out Jackson at FS this yr...purely because we know Jackson isn't good. And Redwine doesn't have the mentality to be great.

Delaney and Young will definitely be our starters at CB in some way. Dean will be too, IF he can tackle. Tackling is such an important aspect for dbs in this defense, and Bandy doesn't look like he will have any problem with that. So if Dean doesn't tackle well, I can see him being the 4th cb with Delaney and Young on the outside and Bandy in the nickel. If Dean does tackle well I think Delaney and Dean would be on the outside with Young sliding into the nickel.

Advertisement
Back