Amari Carter

Somebody give me the games young play the best in so i can go back and watch and see if im just not paying good enough attention.
Vs Pitt, Virginia, NC St, & Duke...

Look up his stats in those games, then go ahead & rewatch them to see how he played the whole game.

Im gone check them out. Even though those are not good passing teams to really gauge anything.
He had 3tcks vs VA, 6tcks vs Pitt, 4 vs Duke & 6tcks plus a crucial pick vs NC St.

It's also not just his stats, with CB's you have to actually watch them play the whole game to see how the cover & if they're getting beat or how often they're affecting plays.

with cbs and safetys you need the coaches film. And idk about you guys but i don't have access to that ****.

Advertisement
Somebody give me the games young play the best in so i can go back and watch and see if im just not paying good enough attention.
Vs Pitt, Virginia, NC St, & Duke...

Look up his stats in those games, then go ahead & rewatch them to see how he played the whole game.

Im gone check them out. Even though those are not good passing teams to really gauge anything.
He had 3tcks vs VA, 6tcks vs Pitt, 4 vs Duke & 6tcks plus a crucial pick vs NC St.

It's also not just his stats, with CB's you have to actually watch them play the whole game to see how the cover & if they're getting beat or how often they're affecting plays.

Duke game he really didnt stand out but wasnt his fault. His best play was in the 3rd while playing man on a slant route. He had tight coverage and broke up the pass.

Uva game he wasnt bad but they went at him 5 times in the 1st half and completed 4(3 was for first downs) of them. But none was for the big plays like 20 yards or more.

So far from what i have seen he is solid. Needs to work on getting off of blocks better but tackles well. He played mostly field corner and nickel from what i have seen so far.

Like i was saying i havent seen anything that would suggest that he has a starting spot locked up. There is talent and at the least i think he can be a good nb.

Last edited:
Anyone that thinks Redwine or Michael Jackson are good are crazy.
I think Redwine could be good at FS. And Jackson has clearly shown he's not a good cb, so theirs really nothing to lose by playing him at FS. We know Jaquan is going to be a starting Safety. The question is who is the next best safety? If it turns out to be Redwine or Jackson then Jaquan will play SS. If the second best safety turns out to be Carter, then Jaqauan will play FS. This is pretty simple. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeff James beat out Jackson at FS this yr...purely because we know Jackson isn't good. And Redwine doesn't have the mentality to be great.

Delaney and Young will definitely be our starters at CB in some way. Dean will be too, IF he can tackle. Tackling is such an important aspect for dbs in this defense, and Bandy doesn't look like he will have any problem with that. So if Dean doesn't tackle well, I can see him being the 4th cb with Delaney and Young on the outside and Bandy in the nickel. If Dean does tackle well I think Delaney and Dean would be on the outside with Young sliding into the nickel.

I would be suprised to see james ever really play much here. They wouldn't be talking about moving a cb to fs if they thought he was that good.

I think Redwine could be good at FS. And Jackson has clearly shown he's not a good cb, so theirs really nothing to lose by playing him at FS. We know Jaquan is going to be a starting Safety. The question is who is the next best safety? If it turns out to be Redwine or Jackson then Jaquan will play SS. If the second best safety turns out to be Carter, then Jaqauan will play FS. This is pretty simple. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeff James beat out Jackson at FS this yr...purely because we know Jackson isn't good. And Redwine doesn't have the mentality to be great.

Delaney and Young will definitely be our starters at CB in some way. Dean will be too, IF he can tackle. Tackling is such an important aspect for dbs in this defense, and Bandy doesn't look like he will have any problem with that. So if Dean doesn't tackle well, I can see him being the 4th cb with Delaney and Young on the outside and Bandy in the nickel. If Dean does tackle well I think Delaney and Dean would be on the outside with Young sliding into the nickel.

I would be suprised to see james ever really play much here. They wouldn't be talking about moving a cb to fs if they thought he was that good.

i agree with everything except the criticism of Sheldrick Redwine. Does he need to be great to be better than Michael Jackson, Jeff James, and Robert Knowles at FS??? Of course not.

Regardless I dont see Redwine being moved to safety at all... we dont have depth at corner to move a veteran cb with good potential to safety. He is very physical, i've seen him jar balls loose that would have other wise been a catch. And at times looked good in coverage as well, of course he still needs a lot of work in that department but he is not a scrub that is going to just get passed up easily like Ryan Mayes and Terrance Henley

[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION], fam, youre spittin hot fire in this thread. I think you underestimate Redwine in relation to the scheme.

Redwine's ability to jam at the line is more than a compliment to what we do up front. He is by far our best jam corner.

With his experience in the scheme and with his teammates abilities...its going to be hard af to dethrone him despite what you think about his athletic abilities.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El, fam, youre spittin hot fire in this thread. I think you underestimate Redwine in relation to the scheme.

Redwine's ability to jam at the line is more than a compliment to what we do up front. He is by far our best jam corner.

With his experience in the scheme and with his teammates abilities...its going to be hard af to dethrone him despite what you think about his athletic abilities.
Much respect bro...

However, I'm just not sure Red is holding off either of Delaney or Dean.

He does have great press man technique, but his problem is stiffness, he doesn't have the hip flexibility you need to be a good CB.

He's a step too slow in tracking on deep routes, he got abused vs UNC on that deep ball, he literally had no idea where the ball was & the WR just had him out there looking silly.

He didn't look too good vs Va Tech either... Like I said, I like him personally & he's probably better at FS, but as a starting CB with Delaney & Dean coming in Idk if he's beating either of them.

He will be great for depth though, because he can play both CB or Safety.

i agree with everything except the criticism of Sheldrick Redwine. Does he need to be great to be better than Michael Jackson, Jeff James, and Robert Knowles at FS??? Of course not.

Regardless I dont see Redwine being moved to safety at all... we dont have depth at corner to move a veteran cb with good potential to safety. He is very physical, i've seen him jar balls loose that would have other wise been a catch. And at times looked good in coverage as well, of course he still needs a lot of work in that department but he is not a scrub that is going to just get passed up easily like Ryan Mayes and Terrance Henley

No he doesn't need to be great to start over Jackson, James, or Knowles (don't even think Knowles has a chance at playing at all btw). But he does need to be better than them AND Amari Carter/Romeo Finley (Otherwise Jaquan starts at FS). Plus his problem is his character/personality. Theres a reason when the coaches were choosing whether he or Jackson would be trying out at Safety, they made a bet and the winner would get Jackson. To me that tells me everything I need to know about Redwine.

Secondly I'm Confident in Rolling with Delaney, Young, Dean, and Bandy at CB. Young already beat Redwine out during the season. Delaney was projected as a mid round NFL draft pick and will start immediately for us. And Dean is just plain more talented, the only question is if he can tackle or not. Bandy and Redwine wont be competing for the same spot really, but Bandy would probably beat him out by the end of the season if they were anyways.

IMO, Redwine should be moved to FS, and keep Michael Jackson as our 5th CB. I think Redwine can be an average starting FS for us this year, which is really all we need.

Advertisement
Somebody show me all the games where Young played terribly and show me all the plays where the WRs went off on him. Who the fck guaranteed him anything by the way? People are rightfully excited about him as a CB. That's all.

Played a ton of zone coverage which really helped him.

No one gets beat playing zone. Every team should play that coverage all the time because you can hide inferior CBs like Young.

[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION], fam, youre spittin hot fire in this thread. I think you underestimate Redwine in relation to the scheme.

He got dethroned already last year. So it won't be hard af to dethrone him.

Drink it in:

CB: Delaney, Young, Dean, Bandy, Redwine, Jackson

S: Johnson, Finley, Carter, Knowles, James, Smith

That was LAST year tho. This year the front seven will be even better than last year. Leaving less opportunity for Redwine to get beat and making his ability to stalemate routes that much more important/beneficial.

I bank on redwine improving. If he gets dethroned then that's not really a bad thing.

Advertisement

That was LAST year tho. This year the front seven will be even better than last year. Leaving less opportunity for Redwine to get beat and making his ability to stalemate routes that much more important/beneficial.

I bank on redwine improving. If he gets dethroned then that's not really a bad thing.

That is so stupid. He got beat out last year. And now you'r saying he might not get beat out again because our other players are good.
This isn't about the rest of our players. All of our dbs will be benefiting from the front 7, not just Redwine. I really don't even understand your argument. Young beat him out last year as a freshman. Unless Young only marginally improves and Redwine drastically improves I don't see how anyone can legit predict Redwine playing over Young. And he definitely won't be playing over Delaney.
I could see him playing early on over Bandy and Dean if he struggles tackling. But By the end of the season theres no way he will be playing over them...Because at the end of the day he just isn't that good. Michael Jackson should stay at CB, and Redwine should have switched to FS.

Red wine is not good. That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try this, I'm a big fan

webimage-746DB5ED-2D0A-470D-AF3796D1A2531C10_cf3d99f3-a584-45f1-bcda-5c3f0f20f08f_grande.jpg

Cali, if its dumb to you than you obviously you dont understand talent in relation to scheme.

While Redwine isnt our most athletic corner and got exposed when asked to cover for long periods of time, he is still our best press/jam corner.

A great press corner is vital in our blitz heavy scheme.

Redwines jam ability compliments our Dline better than any other DB we have at this point. Until i see our other corners press ability.

Redwine was only exposed due to our Dline not being able to get off holds/blocks.

That wont happen nearly as much this year, imo.

Guess we shall see.

Advertisement
Redwine reminds me of Quentin Jammer. Jammer wasnt quick or fast.. and often got exposed against a team with a good oline or if he played with a bad pass rush. But man, if you get that guy with a good pass rush he was a beast corner. Qb would be sacked before you can get the ball to your man cause he wasnt letting them off the line of scrimmage.

Thats how i see Redwine. If you don't see it thats fine but my point isnt stupid.

Redwine reminds me of Quentin Jammer. Jammer wasnt quick or fast.. and often got exposed against a team with a good oline or if he played with a bad pass rush. But man, if you get that guy with a good pass rush he was a beast corner. Qb would be sacked before you can get the ball to your man cause he wasnt letting them off the line of scrimmage.

Thats how i see Redwine. If you don't see it thats fine but my point isnt stupid.

Jammer is WAY faster than Redwine

So all CBs except Young will play some safety this spring per the herald.

Advertisement
Back