Amari Carter - any news?

Advertisement
if he’s put in at LB make sure he’s behind the lot there and only utilized in blitz packages. I won’t say he sucks, but I wouldn’t put him as a starter at LB either.

Not necessarily, Amari has actually been pretty good when his assignments were simplified & he being used as a Blitzer.

I think playing him closer to the LOS would utilize his skills much better than asking him to cover the Deep 3rd.

He’s basically a LB, just let him play Will Backer & use him on Blitz packages & he’ll be more effective.
I agree his blitz package from Freshman year was what he did best. But idk about him at LB full time..he gunna be a chicken with his head cut off..pat bev, just running around doing nothing..in this D it’s about instinct at Lb because those oline are gunna get to the 2nd levels quick

No.

He’s not good at Safety, but he’s actually a very good kid & solid player, he’s just been playing out of position for most of his career.

He’s a LB & should’ve been developed into a LB since his Freshman year.
Nonsense, it’s a far better strategy to wait until players are 6th year seniors before making obvious position changes.

Advertisement
Footballville/Caneville on IG is reporting Amari is likely to make the move from Safety to Striker.

Quit ****** round and try him at will for Christ’s sake. If he can strafe it could solve a lot of problems for us. Maybe this means they will try Keontra at will. We are set at striker. Let’s get the other second level spots going.

Other then The targets whats Amaris glaring whole in his game?
Lol; ya’ll r smoking the finest of skunk if u think Carter moving to striker is a good thing. Lol

EXACTLY!

The last thing anybody wants to see is Amari trying to shadow a slot receiver, ESPECIALLY since it looks like we will be playing more man. So what we have to keep enduring Bubba and Gurvan getting toasted by slot guys.

Just let the striker get physical with the slot and let the safety come up for run support if needed. I think Gil, Keontra, and some of the younger guys can give us better man coverage than the safeties have.

If all else fails we can give Couch serious reps at nickel. He has great instincts, tackles well, and is physical. With Amiri you are locked in zone and he still probably won’t cover well.

Not necessarily, Amari has actually been pretty good when his assignments were simplified & he being used as a Blitzer.

I think playing him closer to the LOS would utilize his skills much better than asking him to cover the Deep 3rd.

He’s basically a LB, just let him play Will Backer & use him on Blitz packages & he’ll be more effective.

Exactly El.

Give him more opportunities to lay wood and intimidate offenses.

He can do what he did to the Bethune tight end more often if we stopped playing him against his skill set.

Advertisement
Exactly El.

Give him more opportunities to lay wood and intimidate offenses.

He can do what he did to the Bethune tight end more often if we stopped playing him against his skill set.
He was playing safety on that Bethune play lol..that’s thing thing with Amari. He’s a thumper/box safety. As el said he’s limited in Pass coverage. I don’t think he has the instincts to play Lb in this system either. So if in were using him it’s strictly a box safety with the ability to blitz and limited coverage responsibility..that all means STRIKER!!..CIS will love that ..

It annoys the **** out if me when players are in the wrong position for years when it's this obvious. It's a disservice and the kids get blamed when the coaches need to get way more **** for it. Amari is a lb, and i mean the non-striker version. So he'll basically never play his natural position while at UM, it's bull****.

I agree his blitz package from Freshman year was what he did best. But idk about him at LB full time..he gunna be a chicken with his head cut off..pat bev, just running around doing nothing..in this D it’s about instinct at Lb because those oline are gunna get to the 2nd levels quick
Perfect fit. That's what our linebackers did last year.

Advertisement
If he's moving to striker I doubt we see him on the field much. He's not playing over Frierson or Smith who will get the bulk of the striker snaps unless they decide to move Smith to WLB in order to get he and Frierson on the field at the same time.
Just like we thought Mcloud wouldn't play much at DE..... Carter and Mcloud are Manny's boys and they will see the field while they're here.

Advertisement
Amari Carter is a fine young man.. but perhaps football is not his calling. At least not at this level. Maybe 20+ years ago he could've had a role as an enforcer back when targetting was basically legal. If he's lucky he'll have a fine 5-year career as an NFL practice squad player. Then he'll switch it up to coaching or maybe law enforcement. I could see him laying the wood as a CO. But even that is a big "if." The boy needs to switch over to MMA. Manny needs to keep it real with these kids and give them a pink slip. There's no reason Amari should ever play another scrimmage down. Special teams only or transfer to bethune cookman. Best of luck youngin. GO CANES!
🤣

Carter moving to striker is a good thing. Not because he’s going to be a good player there, he’s not. It just means the safety reps he was inevitably going to get will now go to Avantae Williams. If they want to make Carter the third team striker, go for it. It keeps him off the field.

In a matter of one week we had t rob and bolden saying carter was one of the 3 best safeties... to Carter moving to Striker (if true). I view it as a positive. Hopefully he is only on special teams

Advertisement
Back