Amari Carter - any news?

Advertisement
I think him, Brooks, and Frierson could be a good group at LB. Keep Keontra Smith out at striker and put our best athletes out on the field.

I think he should have got a DoT job as a living crash test dummy, specializing in head first projectile dynamics; however, I’m curious to see where Trob racks and stacks him.

Advertisement
They used him quite a bit as an in the box safety/striker/blitzer in situational plays and I thought he did great. Then all of a sudden, coaches think he's a Sean Taylor center fielder? Makes no sense. Guy needs to play close to the LOS. Period. He does that, targeting calls will disappear - virtually.
This! I thought in 2018 the way they used him was perfect. Covering flats, blitzing, spying QBs, basically only on the field on 3rd down. I thought he excelled in that role. And then this year they tried to make him Ed reed. Also i hope with trob we can finally get rid of the ridiculous substitutions. Having new safeties on the field for every drive is so dumb. This isn’t madden, safeties need to develop a connection together. I thought one of the things that made redwine and jaquan so good was their chemistry together

Made one play against Bethune cook his frosh year. Been a massive disappointment since. Highly regarded recruit to boot.

Hall is in the same boat

Pepperidge farm remembers when guys like Redwine and Knowles were ridiculed unmercifully and then became decent players their Senior Seasons and made some plays... ....making many people around here look stupid in the process.

I wonder if that can happen again with Carter..

nah Redwine is underrated, he never looked anywhere near as bad as Knowles and Carter (who is worse). His good plays out weighed the bad and he got better every year .

Advertisement
I get it, this is today's game.

When we recruited him, people loved his hitting ability and likened him to some past greats. They even touted his picking us even though Saban flew a chopper to the Gardens. Things were said along the lines of nobody is going over the middle with him back there.

Kid plays with an old school mentality. He's a thumper when he gets there, but he's a dinosaur in today's game. He's had some great hits with his shoulder and some bad ones with his helmet. It comes with the territory and unfortunately he's playing in the wrong Era.

Sure, he got beasted by that UNC RB, but show me a guy who hasn't been knocked on their *** in football.

I'm not done with him. I don't hate his style of play. I realize the game is different now and I'm sad for that, but in turn I understand you've gotta try and protect the players.

This isn't the game I played. It has a lot of similarities, but Carter is literally a dying breed. I wouldn't even know how to tell a player to tackle anymore. The difference between an ejection for targeting is down to tenths if seconds and inches.

No reason to turn on the young man. There's no reason to talk his name down. That's just bull****, it isn't like he isn't trying and when he makes a ferocious legal hit, you all will replay it dozens of times.

I get it, this is today's game.

When we recruited him, people loved his hitting ability and likened him to some past greats. They even touted his picking us even though Saban flew a chopper to the Gardens. Things were said along the lines of nobody is going over the middle with him back there.

Kid plays with an old school mentality. He's a thumper when he gets there, but he's a dinosaur in today's game. He's had some great hits with his shoulder and some bad ones with his helmet. It comes with the territory and unfortunately he's playing in the wrong Era.

Sure, he got beasted by that UNC RB, but show me a guy who hasn't been knocked on their *** in football.

I'm not done with him. I don't hate his style of play. I realize the game is different now and I'm sad for that, but in turn I understand you've gotta try and protect the players.

This isn't the game I played. It has a lot of similarities, but Carter is literally a dying breed. I wouldn't even know how to tell a player to tackle anymore. The difference between an ejection for targeting is down to tenths if seconds and inches.

No reason to turn on the young man. There's no reason to talk his name down. That's just bull****, it isn't like he isn't trying and when he makes a ferocious legal hit, you all will replay it dozens of times.
Agree with your post but the if I’m not mistaken Saban only flew the chopper into the Gardens for Hall. If he did for Carter it may have looked like this....
369421F3-F730-46DD-B0D1-1FC3B41A3C1A.gif

This! I thought in 2018 the way they used him was perfect. Covering flats, blitzing, spying QBs, basically only on the field on 3rd down. I thought he excelled in that role. And then this year they tried to make him Ed reed. Also i hope with trob we can finally get rid of the ridiculous substitutions. Having new safeties on the field for every drive is so dumb. This isn’t madden, safeties need to develop a connection together. I thought one of the things that made redwine and jaquan so good was their chemistry together
They don’t even do that in madden lol

Advertisement
He doesn’t need to see the field at all at safety ever again in his life... I dont think he’ll be a good LBer either but based on the lack of talent at that position it makes the most sense for the staff to tell his *** that’s ur new position, or the bench, or portal.
....but you want the players to be loyal to the school.

I think he can be a good LBer as well as safety with the right coaching. He's undisciplined and that can be addressed. Why do think he wouldn't be a good LBer?

I think he can be a good LBer as well as safety with the right coaching. He's undisciplined and that can be addressed. Why do think he wouldn't be a good LBer?
He could never be a good safety because he’s too slow. Possibly LB, but likely not. Dude is the definition of JAG

Advertisement
He doesn’t need to see the field at all at safety ever again in his life... I dont think he’ll be a good LBer either but based on the lack of talent at that position it makes the most sense for the staff to tell his *** that’s ur new position, or the bench, or portal.
You just know they are gna run him out there at safety based on experience...really annoyed he came back. Would be a nice break if they moved him to LB which is a position that is already pathetic

Carter should be loyal by default bc Miami allowed him to play more minutes than he deserves. Lack of discipline isn’t his only issue, he’s a terrible fb player that has no feel for the game. Poor tackler, overrated hitter, non existent in coverage, and doesn’t make plays.

He should only be trained as a blitzing LB on obvious passing downs, because that's all he does well.

3rd and Long:

DL Harvey, Hunte, Taylor, Johnson

LB Carter, Frierson

CB Stevenson, Couch, Avantae

S Bolden, J. Williams

Last edited:
nah Redwine is underrated, he never looked anywhere near as bad as Knowles and Carter (who is worse). His good plays out weighed the bad and he got better every year .
Not to derail the thread too much, but Redwine was a stud for us his last two years. No complaints about that kid from me. He brought it and was out twitchiest athlete in our Safety room.

Advertisement
Back