Amari Carter - any news?

If he's moving to striker I doubt we see him on the field much. He's not playing over Frierson or Smith who will get the bulk of the striker snaps unless they decide to move Smith to WLB in order to get he and Frierson on the field at the same time.
Agree,transfer portal may be his best move then.So much him been our 3rd best safety,hope it means Avante,Balam,Washington or Kinchens are passing him up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
american football flag GIF by ransport

He's stiff & lacks change of direction.

Also has bad eyes in reading his keys & is too slow to recover if his misreads his assignment in the Deep 3rd coverage shell.
So bad instincts at a position 12-15 yards off the ball with everything in front of you...so wouldn’t putting him closer to the LOS make that a bigger issue at LB?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Amari Carter is a fine young man.. but perhaps football is not his calling. At least not at this level. Maybe 20+ years ago he could've had a role as an enforcer back when targetting was basically legal. If he's lucky he'll have a fine 5-year career as an NFL practice squad player. Then he'll switch it up to coaching or maybe law enforcement. I could see him laying the wood as a CO. But even that is a big "if." The boy needs to switch over to MMA. Manny needs to keep it real with these kids and give them a pink slip. There's no reason Amari should ever play another scrimmage down. Special teams only or transfer to bethune cookman. Best of luck youngin. GO CANES!

Advertisement
So bad instincts at a position 12-15 yards off the ball with everything in front of you...so wouldn’t putting him closer to the LOS make that a bigger issue at LB?
Not necessarily, Amari has actually been pretty good when his assignments were simplified & he being used as a Blitzer.

I think playing him closer to the LOS would utilize his skills much better than asking him to cover the Deep 3rd.

He’s basically a LB, just let him play Will Backer & use him on Blitz packages & he’ll be more effective.

So if TrumpyCane analyzed this post correctly what you’re trying to say he is that he sucks
No.

He’s not good at Safety, but he’s actually a very good kid & solid player, he’s just been playing out of position for most of his career.

He’s a LB & should’ve been developed into a LB since his Freshman year.

Advertisement
Back