Am I Crazy?

I feel like I am taking crazy pills. The rising sentiment seems to be that UM should win the UF game, and a loss would reflect very negatively on Diaz.

I think UF is hardly a juggernaut but it seems like our fans are setting themselves up to turn quick on Diaz. Can Miami win this game? Sure. Do I expect us to? No.

A brand new offense, raw QBs, OL questions .... I expect a dogfight but the narrative is goofy right now.

JMO
Excuses already starting. Diaz will be judged on more than this game but if we get blown out it will get ugly fast

Advertisement
The Florida game will be a great litmus test of our fanbase. Anyone going into hysterics over Manny because of game 1 is a certified ******* fool and, as I already see sadly taking place, anyone criticizing Enos for not picking their QB or "taking too long to determine the starting QB", is an even greater fool for actually having the audacity to think they know more than the coaches.
Amen!

Advertisement
I'm more concerned about us overvaluing the win against UiF. Suck on dat, cuckaloons!
Other than the gator, tell me one other game on our current schedule that anyone on the outside could possibly give a F about or that would do anything to impress anyone? It’s just not there. So, we’d better win this game.

LOL at people thinking UFailure is some juggernaut. These are relatively evenly matched teams and anything can happen. Sure if you just look at star levels and class rankings there is a disparity, but it’s not such a big difference that it covers for other shortcomings or enhances any advantages.

This is a winnable game for Miami.

It might take a few games to iron the kinks out for a new coach and new coaching staff, or it might not.

But to think we’re going to play some unbeatable Alabama is joke.

The turds are VERY beatable.

Other than the gator, tell me one other game on our current schedule that anyone on the outside could possibly give a F about or that would do anything to impress anyone? It’s just not there. So, we’d better win this game.

Obviously. I'm just not buying into the UiF hype. So all I'm saying is that a win on August 24 might not end up being a much more daunting task than beating the UVag types later in the year.

That 2013 tilt against UiF has a lot of similar qualities. They were (over)ranked just outside the top 10 and we were unranked. We win that game and think we're "back" only to flame out later in the year on like a 3 game conference losing streak and a bowl game choke job.

Obviously not an apples to apples comparison but my disrespect toward UiF then and now is the same.

Yea the national perception is that we are an underdog and a competitive loss wouldn’t reflect badly on Manny but on this site? OP is exactly right. Pretty sure that Dwinstitles or another half assed fan said that if we lose to UFag that things will get ugly quick regarding Manny. He’s def not the only one to feel that way.

UiF is absolutely beatable but the idea that this 1 game is going to determine Manny’s legacy is laughable at best. It’s literally the first game of his head coaching career..

Advertisement

Or what? You’re going to stop contributing?

Obviously. I'm just not buying into the UiF hype. So all I'm saying is that a win on August 24 might not end up being a much more daunting task than beating the UVag types later in the year.

That 2013 tilt against UiF has a lot of similar qualities. They were (over)ranked just outside the top 10 and we were unranked. We win that game and think we're "back" only to flame out later in the year on like a 3 game conference losing streak and a bowl game choke job.

Obviously not an apples to apples comparison but my disrespect toward UiF then and now is the same.
Understood and agreed. Not saying UiF is more than mediocre at best, but, they’re currently the ONLY ranked team on our schedule. I know rankings change, but we’re not getting to play any other “marquee” type games until possibly Dec. That’s a long time to look forward to another decent game.

You have to be smoking some good **** if you think we win. I’ll explain.

Let’s state the obvious:

New HC, New QB, new OC, new OL coach, new OL rotation, horrible depth at many critical areas.

Unknowns:

Special teams. Can we consistently protect for FGs and Punts? Can we punt more than 30 yards? Can we stay in our lane and contain a return team. Can we stop kicking the ball out of bounds on kickoffs?

I feel like special teams is not talked about enough. We were just as bad there as we were on O. And let’s not forget Patke took over that unit. Does he have any exp?

Let’s also not forget about last seasons atrocious opener. Here a recap:

Everyone said coach was a ****** and no way we lose to a ******. There OC was like 80 years old and they switched to a new offense with a new QB. AND they kicked our *** up and down the field all night. We weren’t prepared offensively, defensively, or on special teams. We got out coached in all 3 facets.

What makes you think that we win?

Dan Mullen is in year 2. His team is not in a transition year. Same goes for there defense. Dan Mullen is a much better coach then Coach O. He is also a better OC then Emsiger or whatever his name is. Grantham may be a notch below Aranda as a DC but still very solid and proven it at multiple schools.

I don’t think will get blown out but I don’t think we win based on the factors above.

We’ll see soon.

This is an embarrassing thread. Gators are overrated and don’t win more than 8 games this year. Fans conceding a defeat to a mediocre rival is pretty cringeworthy

Advertisement
I believe it’s going to be a slugfest up into the fourth quarter but I got us winning because of the lack of depth on Florida defense. I believe it’s going to be some cramping from their dbs because they are going to be playing so many snaps! We need to keep the offense on the field and wear them out

Look at this objectively.
Our D vs their O - advantage UM
Our O vs their D - who can say? Their depth chart keeps getting thinner and that should help, but if we can score more than 20, we should win.

This is a very winnable game. The important thing is that we fight for the full 60 minutes and if we lose, its because they honestly beat us, not because we gave it away.

I'm going full homer on this one. I say 24-17, but the margin goes up in proportion to my BAC.

Advertisement
I feel like I am taking crazy pills. The rising sentiment seems to be that UM should win the UF game, and a loss would reflect very negatively on Diaz.

I think UF is hardly a juggernaut but it seems like our fans are setting themselves up to turn quick on Diaz. Can Miami win this game? Sure. Do I expect us to? No.

A brand new offense, raw QBs, OL questions .... I expect a dogfight but the narrative is goofy right now.

JMO
You're correct. Many of our fans are simply (fanatical-delusional).

You have to be smoking some good **** if you think we win....

While you state some of the correct conditions regarding the teams, you have to be a gaping **** to think UFåg is some unbeatable beast.

Miami can beat them, and you don’t have to distort reality to come to that conclusion.

Advertisement
Back