Am I Crazy?

I expect us to win and won’t turn on Manny if we lose.

Not really that tough to figure out.

Yup. Every loss isn't the coaches' fault. If you know what you're looking at it's easy to properly distribute blame/credit among players and coaches. Even if the coaches lay an egg it's only fair to give them a year to figure it out. Unless it's an egregious failure like the defense from 2 regimes prior.

Advertisement
I feel like I am taking crazy pills. The rising sentiment seems to be that UM should win the UF game, and a loss would reflect very negatively on Diaz.

I think UF is hardly a juggernaut but it seems like our fans are setting themselves up to turn quick on Diaz. Can Miami win this game? Sure. Do I expect us to? No.

A brand new offense, raw QBs, OL questions .... I expect a dogfight but the narrative is goofy right now.

JMO

Lol @ anyone worse than Rosier. He challenged Kirby Freeman at times for the worst Div 1 Collège QB I have ever seen.

I was speaking about this site and other Cane sites rather than national perception.

I think most of the responses have been reasonable, though Franks is certainly much more talented than Rosier.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills. The rising sentiment seems to be that UM should win the UF game, and a loss would reflect very negatively on Diaz.

I think UF is hardly a juggernaut but it seems like our fans are setting themselves up to turn quick on Diaz. Can Miami win this game? Sure. Do I expect us to? No.

A brand new offense, raw QBs, OL questions .... I expect a dogfight but the narrative is goofy right now.

JMO
There are some folks who have unrealistic expectations of the UF game. We have a lot to improve upon before we can go into any game against a top 10 team and expect to win. Can we win, yes, but we can very well get handled like we did against LSU and Wiz. Know one really knows what to expect because we have to many variables at key positions, not to mention an entirely new offensive coaching staff and a brand new first year head coach. I'll wait til I see the product on the field before I make any judgement.

Ultimate homerism from the fans while simultaneously ripping on the gaytor for the same thing. Hallmark of CIS

Advertisement
Franks is better than Rosier and it’s not even close. If Franks has all day. he’ll pick us apart. I just don’t think he’ll have all day, in which case, he will make costly mistakes.

giphy-15.gif
i hate Florida with a passion and want to beat the brakes off of them, but at this point, I'm looking for badassery from our players AND staff that will get us to a game with Clemson in December.

I expect us to win. From what I read and heard....UF doesn’t have a great offense and Franks is another Rosier. The strength of our team seems to be the defense. Keep in mind that UF has lost a ton of CBs this offseason. All these factors bold well for Miami. Lastly, what has been holding us back the past two seasons have been the QB play and lack of creativity on offense....all issues which seems to be resolved. We’ll find out on 8/24
Doesn’t sound like we even have a Rosier.

Of course I want UM to pound UF but just like last year against LSU my mind says UF. Our defense if going to have to play an outstanding game and the offense play a error less game. That's why I favor Williams because I don't trust Nkosi and I don't think Tate had the tools for our offense. I think the X FACTOR is how Dan Enos not only prepares for the game but how he attacks the Gators. Such be a lot of fun.
When did Williams all of a sudden become a real qb?

Advertisement
If we want it more - we'll win.

This isn't last year's UM team.

Don't know what it is yet - but all this BS about LSU and Wisconsin - that was LAST year. (Insert Pirate video here.)

You have to be smoking some good **** if you think we win. I’ll explain.

Let’s state the obvious:

New HC, New QB, new OC, new OL coach, new OL rotation, horrible depth at many critical areas.

Unknowns:

Special teams. Can we consistently protect for FGs and Punts? Can we punt more than 30 yards? Can we stay in our lane and contain a return team. Can we stop kicking the ball out of bounds on kickoffs?

I feel like special teams is not talked about enough. We were just as bad there as we were on O. And let’s not forget Patke took over that unit. Does he have any exp?

Let’s also not forget about last seasons atrocious opener. Here a recap:

Everyone said coach was a ****** and no way we lose to a ******. There OC was like 80 years old and they switched to a new offense with a new QB. AND they kicked our *** up and down the field all night. We weren’t prepared offensively, defensively, or on special teams. We got out coached in all 3 facets.

What makes you think that we win?

Dan Mullen is in year 2. His team is not in a transition year. Same goes for there defense. Dan Mullen is a much better coach then Coach O. He is also a better OC then Emsiger or whatever his name is. Grantham may be a notch below Aranda as a DC but still very solid and proven it at multiple schools.

I don’t think will get blown out but I don’t think we win based on the factors above.

We’ll see soon.
We always beat uf.... 🤷‍♂️ We’ll beat them again. Everyone will have us going undefeated and in the playoffs on this board. We’ll find out UF was overrated and we’re not going undefeated. I’ve seen this movie and I know how it ends. We hired the right guy. Next year we’ll have a seasoned and loaded QB, OL & DL. I’m excited to beat uf and watch us grow into a champion over the next few years. 🙌

Advertisement
Who has he ever “picked apart”?
Florida played six top 50 defenses last year, and these are Franks stats in those games:

53% comp, 974 yds (162 per game), 5 TDs, 4 INTs

We should shut this guy down. Along with that, here’s what Florida scored on those teams:

Kentucky - 16
Miss State - 13
LSU - 27 (7 off a pick 6 at end of game)
Georgia - 17
Missouri - 17
Michigan - 41 (sat multiple starters on D, including two first round picks)

This might sound crazy considering everyone favoring Florida coming into the game, but I’ll be disappointed if we give up more than 17. That offense is overrated, just need to keep their run game in check.

Advertisement
He had some good games last season. Maybe picked apart is strong but he does have arm talent. His problem is when he’s under pressure. And our DL is deep in rotation on the edge and his OL is not good.

Yea picked apart is too strong.

He has a big arm, but has yet to use arm strength effectively. In fact, the few long passes I’ve seen from him, have just been a couple where the receivers were all alone basically.

That’s why Mullet started to win more when he focused more on running packages and shorter low exposure passing trees for that knucklehead.

Yea picked apart is too strong.

He has a big arm, but has yet to use arm strength effectively. In fact, the few long passes I’ve seen from him, have just been a couple where the receivers were all alone basically.

That’s why Mullet started to win more when he focused more on running packages and shorter low exposure passing trees for that knucklehead.
Another thing is that last year he had Scarlett. I think they’re more one dimensional this year.

Advertisement
Back