Am I Crazy?

umfire

Redshirt Freshman
I feel like I am taking crazy pills. The rising sentiment seems to be that UM should win the UF game, and a loss would reflect very negatively on Diaz.

I think UF is hardly a juggernaut but it seems like our fans are setting themselves up to turn quick on Diaz. Can Miami win this game? Sure. Do I expect us to? No.

A brand new offense, raw QBs, OL questions .... I expect a dogfight but the narrative is goofy right now.

JMO

Advertisement
I expect us to win. From what I read and heard....UF doesn’t have a great offense and Franks is another Rosier. The strength of our team seems to be the defense. Keep in mind that UF has lost a ton of CBs this offseason. All these factors bold well for Miami. Lastly, what has been holding us back the past two seasons have been the QB play and lack of creativity on offense....all issues which seems to be resolved. We’ll find out on 8/24

Advertisement
I expect us to win. From what I read and heard....UF doesn’t have a great offense and Franks is another Rosier. The strength of our team seems to be the defense. Keep in mind that UF has lost a ton of CBs this offseason. All these factors bold well for Miami. Lastly, what has been holding us back the past two seasons have been the QB play and lack of creativity on offense....all issues which seems to be resolved. We’ll find out on 8/24

Franks is no where close to as bad as Rosier.

We're going to beat Florida. Full stop. But, because it's football and any given Saturday and all that jazz, if we lose, it's the manner in which we lose that will tell the story. No, the fan base won't turn on Manny, but consider the efforts to rebrand everything as The New Miami. If we lose and look like the old Miami from last year, that doesn't spell well for recruiting going forward. If we lose and look improved all over the field but it's apparent we're a couple of impact players away, that's something we can build on.

Advertisement
The Florida game will be a great litmus test of our fanbase. Anyone going into hysterics over Manny because of game 1 is a certified ******* fool and, as I already see sadly taking place, anyone criticizing Enos for not picking their QB or "taking too long to determine the starting QB", is an even greater fool for actually having the audacity to think they know more than the coaches.

8A72656F-5034-48D1-BC82-00E9BB25FC06.gif

Honestly to me winning and losing this game isn't as important as playing well . If we win a 20-17 type game or lose a 17-20 type game I am ok . What we can't do is drop another ******* like the LSU or Wisconsin games last season . As long as we play with fire and the offense shows flashes I can sleep the night of the 24th . Obviously I hate UF and if we played in October my sentiment would be different but you gotta be realistic .

Of course I want UM to pound UF but just like last year against LSU my mind says UF. Our defense if going to have to play an outstanding game and the offense play a error less game. That's why I favor Williams because I don't trust Nkosi and I don't think Tate had the tools for our offense. I think the X FACTOR is how Dan Enos not only prepares for the game but how he attacks the Gators. Such be a lot of fun.

Advertisement
If we are being objective, none of us should be expecting that we come out with the win on 8/24. UF has fewer question marks on both sides of the ball, and they’ve probably got an advantage depth wise at most positions. Add to that the fact that it’s Mullen’s second year while Manny is a 1st time head coach.

I expect the game to be highly competitive and we should have a chance to win, but UF is favored for a reason.

If your going into the season think Franks is “another Rosier” the your setting yourself up for disappointment. He’s not Great, but he is the most talented QB on our schedule

I feel like I am taking crazy pills. The rising sentiment seems to be that UM should win the UF game, and a loss would reflect very negatively on Diaz.

I think UF is hardly a juggernaut but it seems like our fans are setting themselves up to turn quick on Diaz. Can Miami win this game? Sure. Do I expect us to? No.

A brand new offense, raw QBs, OL questions .... I expect a dogfight but the narrative is goofy right now.

JMO
****** insane is more like it.

Advertisement
Pre season is BAF season, so what do you expect. Diaz is full alpha though and gonna keep those beta pumpers in check. It will be a close game, I don't expect us to win. But will have fun regardless in Orlando.

Pre season is BAF season, so what do you expect. Diaz is full alpha though and gonna keep those beta pumpers in check. It will be a close game, I don't expect us to win. But will have fun regardless in Orlando.
I'm just curious if you show love to anything but to the Db's that make up Georgia's defensive backfield?

JMO

Easy answer you’re crazy. Most of the country including our on former Canes expect us to lose.

This, I agree with 1000%. Florida is lacking in areas where we are the strongest. And with some of the loses on the defense due to dismissals, suspensions and graduation their DF against the run should prove to be the second area that we can dominate. Last year their defense was ranked in the 60s against the run, so I'm feeling good about that. And the #1 area of advantage for us will be their OL will get totally beat up against our DL. From what I'm hearing they are having problems fielding a solid fist team OL and the backups are mostly scrubs.

Advertisement
Back