Alton Tarber 2022 NT

Advertisement
If 3 coaches have contacted @Coach Macho ....then how isn't he a legit target??
confused wth? GIF

Y’all dudes taking this personal like I disrespected the kid and said he suck. It’s a fact he isn’t a legit option. He has been In The portal a while a hasnt been on campus and no offer meanwhile other guys at his position is getting offered and setting up a visit

Okay. So why would he want to see him up close if he had no intentions of going after him?

And Tarber is a unique situation because he has no college tape yet, so they can't/won't press for him or offer without seeing him in person. That's understandable.

But to say that there's no interest is completely false. I've had 3 different Miami coaches call me about the kid.
Is Tarber what his posted height/weight (6' 2" 320) say he is? It seems the coaches emphasize getting their own physical assessment, which is good, I think. I'm sure they're hesitant to offer any kid who shows up 6' 300 with shorter arms, etc, but is listed differently. We can give the coaches a ton of **** for other things, but I'm supportive of doing reasonable due diligence.

Y’all dudes taking this personal like I disrespected the kid and said he suck. It’s a fact he isn’t a legit option. He has been In The portal a while a hasnt been on campus and no offer meanwhile other guys at his position is getting offered and setting up a visit
It is semantics my guy... You cannot say he is not a legit target when we have his coach on here saying they are calling because they want to see him on campus. To me, that means they are targeting him as a potential player. Whether he gets an offer or whether he is high on the board is all up for debate. If you had used a different phrase I doubt any one would have chirped twice.

Advertisement
It is semantics my guy... You cannot say he is not a legit target when we have his coach on here saying they are calling because they want to see him on campus. To me, that means they are targeting him as a potential player. Whether he gets an offer or whether he is high on the board is all up for debate. If you had used a different phrase I doubt any one would have chirped twice.
I think the arguement here is not wether hes a target but is he a priority.There is a difference.

No his situation is just different because as mentioned, he does not have college tape yet.

You don't know whether that's a fact...

Even if the kid is a backup plan if he is interested at UM AT ALL then he is a "legit" option...I understand your stance and what you are trying to say, but I don't think you are wording it correctly and remember WE DON'T KNOW THE EXACT TIERS on the coaches board at each position. Do you really think it is impossible that the coaches are interested in recruits who aren't on 247 on rivals front page. That isn't true in HS...And is even mores false in the portal where kids are jockeying for interest, nil, etc

The only way he isn't a "legit option"...Is if neither side is interested at all. Doesn't seem to be the case.

Advertisement
Anything here? He's still in the portal and fits the war daddy typing that Mario wants
Nah. There was legit interest at first but it cooled off. He's still in the portal because he had to make up some classes/credits. He was gonna end up at UCF or FAU.

He also didn't have any film from Oklahoma, and the Miami staff wants to see some film before they take a kid from the portal.

Kid isn't on the OU roster. Is he back in South Florida and is he worth bringing in on an NIL walk-on deal?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back