Although Manny was a Corch

Not defending Manny, who should have never been hired. With all is faults, the one thing he had was kids who played hard. This team quit on it’s staff yesterday in a game they had the lead in the 3rd quarter. Mario is not going anywhere, but this guarantees that players and coaches will be departing. Nothing worse than a team quitting in a game in October when there is still quite a bit to play for. This happened to Shannon (FSU 2010) and his days were numbered from that point on. Mario has no choice but to blow this up.
In retrospect, Manny should not have been hired and there were some valid points made by some here in the post-mortem. He had a decent DC showing under Richt and then the BoT gave him the keys to the Jitney without showing he was ready to make that leap. Big mistake that we are paying for today.

Advertisement
Not defending Manny, who should have never been hired. With all is faults, the one thing he had was kids who played hard. This team quit on it’s staff yesterday in a game they had the lead in the 3rd quarter. Mario is not going anywhere, but this guarantees that players and coaches will be departing. Nothing worse than a team quitting in a game in October when there is still quite a bit to play for. This happened to Shannon (FSU 2010) and his days were numbered from that point on. Mario has no choice but to blow this up.
manny lost a lot of 1 possession games in 2019. only 2 were not 1 possession. in 2020 we got mauled by 2 teams. in 2021 same ****. we were a few 1 possession games from a reasonable outcome.

that said i don't like manny as a head coach. as a D coordinator with the right personal his system works.

Manuela with this roster might only have 1 win by now...

manny lost a lot of 1 possession games in 2019. only 2 were not 1 possession. in 2020 we got mauled by 2 teams. in 2021 same ****. we were a few 1 possession games from a reasonable outcome.

that said i don't like manny as a head coach. as a D coordinator with the right personal his system works.
Scott Frost lost 22...

Advertisement
Advertisement
of course. luckily for us this year we got our *** kicked in three losses this year but inferior teams....
I don't think Miami has the superior players everyone keeps saying...

I'd argue with this roster, Lashlee's O style might have led to even worse defeats for Miami.

Yeah sad all of Mannys players quit on Mario. Glad that scum is gone and be happy when most of his players are gone.

Advertisement
I rather Mario only because I believe once the season is over the players that truly believe in what Mario is preaching will remain. An those that are currently the problem on this team will hit the portal. Can't go to war with players that don't believe in the coaches.

Advertisement
Manny let players get away with sht that Mario won't.
When a player gets an accidental dumb penalty for celebrating after an interception Manny didn't destroy the player. He accepted that things happen and at least kept moral up.

Everyone talks good because Mario lit into him. They just want to see a guy scream.

Manuela with this roster might only have 1 win by now...
He wouldn’t have this roster.

His recruiting class would have been abysmal. No Skinner, Cyrus Moss, Citizen, etc. He wasn’t going to flip any of the players Mario did to Miami. He likely wouldn’t have gotten any of the portal guys, like Messidor, Jackson.

Mario has been disappointing, clearly, but we had a full picture of the future under Diaz, and it wasn’t improving.

When a player gets an accidental dumb penalty for celebrating after an interception Manny didn't destroy the player. He accepted that things happen and at least kept moral up.

Everyone talks good because Mario lit into him. They just want to see a guy scream.
they think thats coaching. you know what's coaching? not continuing to give heavy snaps to guys that make constant mistakes.

He wouldn’t have this roster.

His recruiting class would have been abysmal. No Skinner, Cyrus Moss, Citizen, etc. He wasn’t going to flip any of the players Mario did to Miami. He likely wouldn’t have gotten any of the portal guys, like Messidor, Jackson.

Mario has been disappointing, clearly, but we had a full picture of the future under Diaz, and it wasn’t improving.
I would encourage porsters crying the sky is falling take a step back and view the path with greater perspective.

Mario was hired to build this program, his way on his timeline, not CIS'.

Advertisement
Back