Alternate Jerseys (Replicas)

Black unis can only be worn with black pants. Would be nice af with the orange shoes they wore in the bowl game.

Advertisement
[TWEET]890589141670518786[/TWEET]We seem to be getting more than those 2 uniforms

Advertisement
I can get with the green but the black ones do nothing for me. It screams "gimmick".

Actually, that's what fire sounds like..

No, it sounds like a tired marketing ploy. It's different when you have black as an accent color or as a part of your palette, it's lame when you are trying to include it when you have nothing remotely close to it already. Who wants to bet that it was some Adidas marketing rep that mentioned "Hey, the Raiders are still popular as an apparel brand, let's include black in Miami's alternate set". With everyone and their mother using black, it would have been nice had Miami not followed the trend. Dare to be different.

Advertisement
I can get with the green but the black ones do nothing for me. It screams "gimmick".

No, it sounds like a tired marketing ploy. It's different when you have black as an accent color or as a part of your palette, it's lame when you are trying to include it when you have nothing remotely close to it already. Who wants to bet that it was some Adidas marketing rep that mentioned "Hey, the Raiders are still popular as an apparel brand, let's include black in Miami's alternate set". With everyone and their mother using black, it would have been nice had Miami not followed the trend. Dare to be different.

This guy gets it

Nah, we used to wear yellow and tan gear back in the day. Alternate unis are part of the pomp and circumstance that makes CFB so much fun, and as long as it's tasteful I'm all for it. I think the []_[] reserves the right to do whatever we want and, as a matter a fact, I've always thought we should pay homage to our local high schools every now and then on the uniform front as well. Would be a great way to connect with the community.

Now, the feathers, Ice and all that other nonsense year 1 Adidas? That was a tired marketing ploy that screamed tryhards. But these retro black mock-ups look great and we'll just have to disagree.

Miami Hurricanes FB Uniforms  .jpg

Last edited:

I not going to get my panties bunched until I actually see them, but gee I bet Miami and Adidas sure wished they had consulted random "canedude" about their marketing strategies he's obviously a guru.
I never cease to be amazed at how obtuse people can be.

Advertisement
Those that a ing should just be happy that we got rid of the duct tape looking shiny ****! Those were horrific. That type of look is for bottom feeders like Louisville. Not traditional powerhouses.

Advertisement
Back